2001 Mazda MX-5 Miata

2001 Mazda MX-5 Miata

Available in 3 styles:  2001 Mazda MX-5 Miata 2dr Convertible shown

23 city / 28 hwy

Overall

Reliable Vehicle, I'm pleased.

by John D. from Northern Vermont | June 21, 2013

I purchased a 2004 Toyota Tacoma from Autobahn Motorworks and I'm very happy with the truck, I didn't get a chance to write the review earlier, so I'm writing the review now. Dennis was great to work with, and since I live over 400 miles from his Dealership, he shipped the vehicle to me and everything worked out great. Thanx Dennis and Autobahn for having a great selection of clean used vehicles.

Agile, stylish, and dependable

by AlisonAZ from Seattle WA | April 11, 2013

I've found Miata's with lowish mileage are not too hard to find. They are often clean and well cared for. Miata owners love their cars. My final pick was a 2001 green with tan top beauty. 76,000 miles. It runs very well and has more zip than my recently totaled 99. The seats are more comfortable. (the 99 was t-boned by a red light runner) There are a couple of minor disappointments. There is an aftermarket remote door lock alarm system that has quirks. I am alarmaphobic - this makes me nervous. The 2001 reccomends premium gas . . . . Really? I've owned an Alfa spyder and an older Porsche. This is my favorite of the 3 sports cars. It is cheaper to maintain. It has very good dependability rating. The roof does not leak - like the Alfa. Handling is wonderful! Seating is a little tight - I am 6' tall - but limber. I have only had this little gem a couple of weeks. I hope for a long term relationship.

The car I've wanted all my life

by Mymimiata from Southwest Colorado | September 4, 2012

My MX5 is a dream to drive. It's the fun car I didn't know I wanted for many years. It's my once in a lifetime purchase: plenty of value for the money. And I got the buy of the decade through the Cars.com listing. Thank you. Thank you.

perfect sorts car

by shunny from ny | February 27, 2012

great car. parks anywhere in ny. small, easy to clean great gas mileage up to 38 mpg highway 30 city

Miata - lived up to all expectations

by new Miata owner from Chestnut Ridge | December 26, 2011

Great little car. Really fun to drive - 6 speed manual transmission shifts very smoothly. Great cornering and handling; very responsive; not a lot of pick up though - not slow, but not really fast due to its 4 cylinder engine. Best looking roadster around. I'll have this car forever....

Comparable to my first Miata MX-5.

by 2ND MX-5 from Martinez, CA | December 19, 2011

Bought my first Miata new in 1993. Loved it, but in memory of it (it was totaled) couldn't bring myself to buy another red one. This one is a beautiful Crystal Blue Mica that I couldn't resist. It's all I want in a Miata and more, with all the "bells and whistles". A one owner car in great shape that I intend to keep that way. Cars.com was a great way to buy a car.

2001 Mazda Miata Automatic Transmission

by Biloxi Steve from Mississippi | July 29, 2011

I purchased a 2001 Mazda Miata LS with 69,000 miles. I am getting 20 mpg in city driving with a lead foot. The auto transmission shifts smoothly but lacks mid range power. The handling is incredible. It is like driving a racing go-kart. The air conditioner is very good after initial 3-mile cool down. Make sure that the ECM has been upgraded before purchasing a 2001 or 2002 model. The upgrade will cost you $1000+. Routine maintenance items such as tires, brakes, sensors, and filters are very cheap for miatas. I would also recommend using non-ethanol gas. The ethanol will corrode the fuel line inside the fuel tank. I found this out with my car. Two hours of labor and $150 worth of parts to fix.

SECOND OWNER ONLY!!

by ZOOM from Denver,Colorado | June 3, 2011

GREAT CAR TO DRIVE FUN IN THE SUMMER WITH THE TOP DOWN!! GREAT ON GAS WITH PRICES ON GAS PERFECT TO HAVE DURING THE GAS INCREASE.

**Best Roadster***

by Roadster Enthusiast from Brooklyn, New York | June 26, 2008

I have a 2001 Miata LS, red/tan, which is just a FANTASTIC car. I enjoy driving around New York with the convertible down. Even though it is 5 years old (in mint condition) someone always says "What a beautiful car". This car is FUN TO DRIVE and not bad on gas mileage. RECOMMEND HIGHLY!!!!

Fun Affordable Ride

by Road and Sun Worshiper from Texas | January 30, 2008

After 45K miles, I still enjoy driving my '01 Miata. It is as good as advertised--modestly priced, attractive inside and out, superb handling, reliable, economical to maintain and operate, and just plain fun to drive. Its flaws are few, but noteworthy. Without side body moldings, it is extremely suceptible to parking lot dings and dents. The top latches are poorly designed, wear out quickly, and are expensive to replace. I have to use the sun visors to pin the latches shut. They were the subject of a dealer alert but not a recall. The leather seats are fragile, prone to tears and cracking despite my meticulous care. Overall, though, I love this car and would buy another one without hesitation.

Featured Services for this Mazda MX-5 Miata