2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata

23 city / 28 hwy

Overall

I can't wait for 5:00

by Zapy from Atlanta | April 30, 2012

I was looking for an inexpensive vehicle that would get better MPG than my 1996 c1500 350V8 at 12mpg. The vehicle also had to have rock solid reliability. The vehicle also had to be realitively low mileage as I am a 35K+ a year driver. It had to be comfortable and something I wouldn't mind being sen in. Well, after months of looking on and off i ran across the 2005 Miata. It had low miles for its age as most aren't daily drivers. It gets good mileage - 5 speed m,anual - at 25-29MPG depending on the weight of my right foot. It certainly isn't a vehicle I mind being seen in. It's fun to drive. Has plenty of get-up-and-go. I'm actually thinking of joining the SCCA and trying out some track days - yes, with my daily driver. It's 70K miles and no oil leaks, squeaks, or rattles. There is plenty of wind noise but not so bad that I cannot remove it with the volume control of the radio. Speaking of which. The base radio is a treat. I wonder how the Bose system would have been? bottom line: An excellent little car with excellent road manners and good fuel economy. Maintenance isn't exotically priced nor are reasonable replacement tires assuming you aren't looking for the ultimate high performance tire at $200+ each. Mine are reasonable at $100 each. Buy one - you'll like it. Has room for the golf bag as well as another bag (wife, GF etc. in the front seat).

2005 Miata

by Shawn H from Southern California | March 20, 2012

I love this car! Handles like a race car, power is pretty good, looks beautiful. I bought the black cherry mica color, and love it's look

Bang for the buck.

by Wingmanrider from Arcata CA | December 30, 2010

This MX5 miata is fun to drive, economical, little car. Not much for hauling things but you shouldn't buy this car if that's your goal to begin with. I'm getting close to thirty miles per gallon in town. I haven't taken it on any long drives yet. But I will probably get thirty plus with ease. Jay

Lotsa fun

by Sun Fun from Houston | November 19, 2010

We searched for several months for the right Miata at the right price and cars.com made that so easy to do from the comfort of our home. We love the newer bigger and more powerful Miata. It is pure fun to drive and always gets attention. We are very satisfied with our purchase!

Miata improved

by Miata buyer from Peoria, IL | July 29, 2010

My wife had a 1997 for 10 years with perfect satisfaction. So when her 50th birthday came around, I got her a 2005 with 12,000 miles. The car was in essentially new condition and looked and ran great. The shoulder room is much improved, the wind blocker behind the seats is very effective and the car rides smoother. Her only complaint is they replaced the pop-up lights with halogens. This is my fourth Mazda, and all of them have been good cars.

Mazda Speed MX2005

by ed from Maryland | March 27, 2009

Great upgrade in the HP over the traditional Mazda. Handles well, fun to drive. The 6 speed shift one of the smoothest I used. The vehicle does use high test in a 4 banger, is hard to get in and out of,and you can hear the noise of the road. Overall a great fun car at an affordable price. The car is rare, as lass then5k were produced in 2005.

Featured Services for this Mazda MX-5 Miata