2006 Mazda MX-5

2006 Mazda MX-5
Available in 6 styles:  2006 Mazda MX-5 2dr Convertible shown

24–25 city / 30 hwy

Overall

MY FAVORITE CARS ... EVER!!!

by miatamarc from Tucson, AZ | September 9, 2014

I've owned a '95, an '03 and now an '06 Miata. My current Miata is a Grand Touring with the sport automatic and shift paddles. It is a blast to drive. I find it is larger, more comfortable & certainly more powerful than its predecessors. The 6-speed automatic is welcome upgrade from the previous model. It is smooth shifting and allows for sprightly performance. I have received several compliments on the styling. These are my absolute favorite cars and I highly recommend them.

MIATA OWNER

by SUZZI from TUCSON AZ | January 9, 2014

A OK- RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE LOOKING FOR A GOOD USED CAR. GOOD EXPERIENCE AND COOPERATION. THANKS!

My Second Miata a Third Generation

by Tweedy from Peoria, IL | September 24, 2013

My first Miata was a 1999 I bought it in 2002 and used it as an everyday driver. 112,000 miles later, I decided it was time to move up to my next car with a few more current features. I have had this Miata for about two weeks and really enjoy driving it both in town and on the highway, including a half hour rain a few days ago. We are looking forward to some road trips and one of my wife's complaints about the old car was the cup holders. The 2006 Grand Touring Miata has holders in each door that are easier to use with bottles. There are two in the center console, but they are bothersome when shifting. The stereo system was a pleasant surprise, it has seven speakers, and a sound leveling system that adjusts to road noise. The sound is much improved over the old system. Storage is all new. The trunk is deeper since there is no spare tire I found it accommodates a large grocery box with room left for other items. It seems roomy enough to handle three soft sided travel bags and maybe a camera case. Inside there are storage bins behind both seats as well as one behind the center console. I do miss the sleeves for maps or an atlas on the seat backs. The glove box holds enough but the inside isn't smooth, so it's hard to organize. There is also a small net next to the passengers left leg. Every drive is like a vacation.

Sporty ride

by Freeturide from Bristol, Ct. | May 28, 2013

Probably one of the best driving cars I ever owned! Drives as if on a track, no rattling, super tight, stops on a dime, accelerates quickly and great on gas.

Should have got one a long time ago.

by Old Mustang owner from Chicago IL | August 11, 2012

Had a Mustang for over 20 years but didnt get it out much. Decided to sell the Mustang and get a convertible we have been talking about for a long time. Didnt need any back seats because the kids are all grown up. We looked at the Solstice but the trunk was way to small and the selling prices are much higher for what you get. Found a great deal on a Miata. Should have done this a long time ago. The Miata is so much more fun to drive than the old Mustang. It handles great and just as quick as the old V8 Mustang. We were amazed how quiet the Miata is with the top down. You can hear the passenger talk without yelling. You dont feal the wind even at high speeds. The Miata will make you feel like a kid again. Dont wait.

Nice car, spoiled by low quality interior

by Michigan Miata Guy from Northern Michigan | June 5, 2012

Mechanically, the car is excellent. Mine has the 6 speed manual, and it's smooth as silk. I opted for the sport package, and got the suspension upgrades. I absolutely love the car. I've owned it for about 6 years now. It was my daily driver when I lived in Los Angeles. Now that I've moved back to Michigan, it's stored in the winters. The engine is fantastic, and more has very good power for this chassis. The brakes are excellent, and the car stops in very short distances. It corners like it's on rails. What's bad about it? Mazda used extremely low quality materials for the interior. It has less than 34,000 miles on it, and the driver's seat has developed at split in it from wear. Contrast that to my Honda products that had over 200k on them when I traded them in, and the interior looked perfect. I rated it low for comfort, but it's a Miata, if you're looking for comfort, you'd probably select a different car anyway.

Best two seater for the money

by Dave from Oregon/California | January 23, 2012

This 2006 Miata MX-5 lives up to it's reputation "Most fun factor" - besides handling the country roads in the Applegate Valley of SW Oregon as well as any of the more costly sports cars. Reliability is unsurpassed and the saddle leather interior fits like a glove even for someone 6'1". Can't go wrong with this car.

Best handling car I've owned

by MX-5 enthusiast from Maricopa, AZ | November 29, 2011

I bought this car with less than 30,000 miles on it. With the manual 6 speed I averaged over 32 mpg on a 400 mile weekend trip. It shifts effortlessly. The sixth gear could be a little higher to reduce rpms at 75 mph and improve mpg. Excellent cornering-feels like tires glued to the road. Manual convertible top better than electric because it takes about 5 seconds to lower. Quite noisy with top up. Passenger window leaks where top folds. Difficult to get in and out of. Seats could have more side support. I forgive all its faults since it is the best sports car for the price.

Awesome car. Wish I would have bought one sooner

by swanee from Fargo, ND | October 31, 2011

Great car for the money. A blast to drive. My girlfriend and I took it for our first roadtrip, has plenty of trunk room and did great as far as mpg

Fun car

by Toy car from Bloomsburg, Pa | October 21, 2011

This is a fun car to drive and ride. It gets excellent mileage, appears reliable, great apperance, etc I do not drive on a regular basis and will probable keep it in the garage most of the winter. I would like to join a Miata club if I could locate one.

Featured Services for this Mazda MX-5