2007 Mazda MX-5

See Photos & Videos

Overall

2007+ miata, get a power hard top

by potatochobit from Dallas, TX | December 20, 2012

I should have bought a power retractable hard top, that is the only regret I have. they are called PRHT. I bought a cloth top Grand touring because it was a good value. but now I wish I had spent an extra 3k for a PRHT. -Pros you can go through a car wash less noise and rattle looks nice with the top up and down -Cons outside noise is about the same between cloth and hard top, do not buy a hard top thinking the car will be much quieter, it won't most 6 speeds have an LSD, 5 speed most likely will not miata trunk is even SMALLER than I remember the cloth top is far less heavier than the first generation miata, the NC (2006+) top can be put up by almost anyone, even older women without any strength will have no trouble putting the top up without even getting out of the car.

Instant gratification

by Roadster fan from Washington DC | November 14, 2012

This car should be prescribed therapy for anyone looking for fun. From the moment you turn the key the Miata will take you on a mystery tour of wonder and sheer joy. The only disappointment comes when you arrive at your destination however you will be grinning for a while longer. The ultimate joy is of course with the top down and the wind in your hair, instantly all your worries and stress are a distant memory as you get back in touch with the basics of life. Suffice it to say I will be owning this car for a very long time, after all it's a lot more than just a car, it's a way of life.

Finally have my long desired "sports car".

by Val from Gulf Breeze, FL | September 1, 2012

I highly recommend this car, especially for a replacement for a motorcycle. Great ride, great styling, fast and great mileage. An overall fun car to drive.

have fun going to corner store

by wheels from Monterey Ca | September 1, 2012

I was looking for a sedan but just happened to notice an MX5 on the car lot. I have always dismissed these cars as being to small for my 6'00 frame to fit into. The redesign in the 2006 model year changed all that. Once I drove one I was hooked. I can drive it no problem and so can my 6'3 son. And we do not look silly. In fact just the opposite. Because of a disability I have a difficult time driving a standard. I did test drive a couple and the shifting is very tight and smooth. But had to settle for an automatic with ratchet shifting. I give up some horses and control but it is still a lot of fun. If you are willing to give up a little comfort for a lot of fun, this is the car for you.

07 Miata MX5 GT

by Mike from Advance, NC | April 23, 2012

Purchased the car in early March 2012. So far have not had any problems or concerns. Mileage at purchase was 42,000. Drives and handles very well. Ride is good considering small frame and sport suspension. Economy is good at 32 mpg average. Fun to drive and looks great.

Modern day "MG" without the reliability hassle.

by Brian In SoCA from Orange County, CA | March 18, 2012

I purchased a 2007 Grand Touring convertible, used and low miles, in 2010. I purchased a new battery and new tires shortly after I purchased it. I modified (upgraded) the springs, shocks and sway bars; I believe that's how Mazda should have sold it from the factory! Driving experience and handling is much improved. 6-speed manual gearbox is excellent in terms of "feel"; but ratios are too close: I "skip" gears unless I'm in need of brisk acceleration. I shift from 1st to 3rd to 5th or 6th. Very pleased overall; I don't worry about its reliability as I did when I owned my "other" weekend car. The MIata has an excellent balance of handling and power; it's a blast to drive.

2007 PRHT GT

by Bob from Minnesota | February 26, 2012

Bought this a little over a year ago. I've had ~25 cars, four of which were 2seater sports cars. This is without a doubt my favorite ever. I drive it all year around in Minnesota. Limited slip differential, traction control and Blizzaks make it fun to drive in the winter. This is my daily driver - I don't have another car. Some trips to Home Depot require the wife's Subaru... What fits inside a shopping cart will fit inside the trunk but nothing more. My only complaints: * The windshield washer bottle holds about a quart. * The top release latch vibrates sometimes. * The transmission is geared too low.

Sleak design and Reliable Performance

by Sporty CalChick from California | February 21, 2012

Just bought this fully loaded 2007 MX-5 and am really pleased with the performance. Got so many compliments whenever I take this beauty out. A great purchase!

MX-5

by MX-5 Green from Oregon | January 23, 2012

Great Car. found it with 37000 miles and one owner. Touring model and handles and drives great. Started looking at Boxter's but Milage and price high. Then BMW with same results. MX-5 seemed the best car for the money. Repair parts and maint much cheaper and overall condition for money better than most sports cars.

GREAT CAR

by Miata lover from Birmingham, Alabama | December 1, 2011

Drivers Way is awsome. Dylan was the best. No Hassel,Great Deal, Great place to buy! Dylan, you are the best.

Featured Services for this Mazda MX-5