1995 Mazda MX-6

26 city / 34 hwy

Overall

futuristic looking ride

by nikola srbin from Chicago | February 23, 2011

I owned this car back in highschool as my first car and I loved it. I had quite few problems with it but it was mainly due to my neglidgence and unknowing how to maintain a car. It was very fun to drive, very fast, and looked way ahead of its time. When I see it today it stil looks much nicer than many new cars on the road today.

My Favourite Car

by v8pontiacgirl from Eugene, OR | November 8, 2010

My family and I have always been GM enthusiasts. This car changed our opinion on Asian cars. Mine's a 95, and it still has such great styling that it doesn't look dated. Such a pretty car, and for the most part, easy to work on. If you maintain it, it'll last forever.

My MX6

by Delta from Anniston, AL | January 26, 2010

I had it since new and I still love it. I used it for everything, travel, transport kids (they were small), work, etc.

Best Car Ever!!

by Jdubb from Stone mountain, GA | September 7, 2009

I bought this car used with 140000 miles and it was by far the best car I have ever had.Very reliable.No major problems ever.It finally went out on me at close to 350,000 miles. But could have lasted longer.I loved this car.

Best deal on any size wheels

by Car Guy Pittsburgh from Pittsburgh, Pa | November 12, 2008

I bought my MX-6 in 2003. It was used and had about 84k miles on it. It's a 5-speed 4 cyl. I still have it and it's my main mode of transportation. I drive about 19 miles one way to work and some is highway and some is back road. I now have about 180k miles on it and I get an average of between 35-38 MPG per tank. The air blows cold still. I had a new clutch installed after I got it and I did have the exhaust replaced. I have taken it on the highway for a trip of 120 miles one day then got gas and I got 40 MPG! I love this car and I would definately buy another one. Too bad they don't make it any more. I don't know what I'm going to do when it finally does die. I really think I'm going to get another Mazda with as close to the same drive train. I almost hate to say that I got this car at a Mazda dealer and only paid $1800 for it. It does leak a little oil now but I think that is ok. It's not out of control and except for having to add some oil once in a while it's a great deal.

best first car money can buy

by tuner car lover from edmonton | November 22, 2007

i really liked the power and comfort. it was amazingly powerful. i would buy it again and again. Its easy to maintain and will take you were you want to go. Definitely if your getting it used check for leaks.

You get what you pay for

by Arman from Northeast PA | August 24, 2006

I have had a 95 MX-6 for about 6 months now and drove it 7,000 miles. It has about 82,000 miles now. I have had to replace the following non standard mantenance items: distributor, rear calipers, oxygen sensors, front axles. According to Mazda internet groups, these things are common repair items. I also replaced the windshield, tires, rear brake pads and rotors, belts and did a tuneup. I spent about $1400 on these things and I did most of the work myself. I still have to replace the timing belt and fix a valve cover gasket leak at a cost of $1200. Wow. Its a very nice driving car. I am 6ft 3 and don't recommend it to a person as tall. There isn't much headroom with the factory sunroof. However, I do drive 100 miles a day and don't have any aches or pains to talk about. The seats are comfortable and supportive. I have been getting about 29MPG at 70mph steady driving, which seems to be excellent. Bottom line is, when you buy a used car, expect to spend an additional $1000 - $1500 on maintenance and or unexpected repairs. After all, its a used car.

Featured Services for this Mazda MX-6