2005 Mazda RX-8

18 city / 24 hwy

Overall

louise

by louise from waynesboro ms | September 22, 2014

i loved this car for the design.ist car I could buy. children were in high school wheni got the car I wanted I could turn the car off,go in a store,come back out car wouldnot crank I have had it towed numerous times,finally they put a new motor in it always nothing was wrong with the car I paid about 800 right before they put the new motor in,them saying nothing was wrong I have been away from home or not able to drive it because I have had a brain tumor,surgery,chemo,and radiation now it has a crack on the dash where the air bag comes out is there a recall for this it is a perfect square help

Stay away unless you want to baby it

by NoRX-8forme from Los Angeles, CA | August 31, 2014

I had my 2005 RX-8 for 7 years and had more problems with it than with any other car I've had in 40 years. It was the snazziest car, but the most unreliable. There were major engine problems to the point I had to get a new engine (glad it was covered), but before they would cover the engine, I had to pay thousands of dollars for several other possible fixes first. After the engine replacement, yet another problem occurred with the engine and this time it was a $1000 tiny part UNDER the engine that wasn't covered. That was enough. This is a fun, beautiful car with a bad engine that I wish I'd never laid eyes on.

It's my attitude car, with attitude

by Barbi's sporti from | April 19, 2014

All boastful women should own this ever so unique car. I am woman, hear me and my Mazda rx8, ROAR!!!!!!

Best Car I've Owned

by MazdaLover from Vancouver, WA | August 20, 2012

I recently purchased this car and am very satisfied with my purchase. The price was lower than most and the condition of the car was great! The service was quick and friendly. I left very happy and would recommend this dealer to any of my friends.

Great car!

by Mazda Lover from Indiana | July 6, 2012

Great car! Bought used but held up very nicely. You just need to know a little bit about a rotary engine so you don't blow it up. But it's not that hard. It's a fun car for an awesome price! And the hidden suicide doors in the back are an amazing little suprise. You can't tell from the outside that there are 4 doors but much easier getting people in the back without having to get out of the car everytime. Very useful! Love this car!!

Buy new! Not used!

by Tunedskillz from Seattle WA | March 29, 2012

This car is awesome if bought new and taken care of. But i will only say this once, DO NOT BUY USED!!!! This car has alot of specail needs becouse of the rotary engine. Most people do not take care of the car and sell them allready abused (engine wise). Half of the rx8's had their engine replaced which cost 10k. Most of them are coverd by warrenty. If u buy used then u are screwed. Or dont pay over 8k for a used one.

This car rocks

by Rotary Fan from Southern California | January 29, 2012

60,000 miles and completely reliable. A blast to drive and it seats 4 adults. There are a few quarks to the care and feeding of the RX8, like never shut it down cold and drive it like you stole it. Follow these simple important guidelines and the car is as trouble free as any I've owned. Could use a few more ponies, but that it a small negative compared to all the benefits. Very comfortable ride and handles like an Indy car.

Worst car I ever owned

by car seeking from texas | December 7, 2011

Constantly having to be put in shop. Had to have the motor replaced, ac quit working, constantly replacing tires. Fuel mileage poor. Tired of paying out for repairs. Worst car I ever owned

buy

by money from Georgetown | March 5, 2011

I have a Rx8 with 28,500 miles. Never a problem. I was sceptical about buying this but am glad I did. There is alot of bad reviews from this car but people dont know how to take care of them. If you can maintain it like required it is a perfect car. Rx8 for life for me : )

A Refined Sports Car

by MOWOG59 from New Orleans, LA | February 3, 2011

I bought my first car, a new MGB in 1965 and have also restored and drive a 1959 Austin Healey "Bugeyed" Sprite. I have experienced driving British sports car and related upkeep for 40 years. The new 2005 RX8 Mazda that I have owned for the last five years is a true drivers car. The smooth reving engine rotary will take you to 9K RPM in all six gears if you have the fortitude! Considering the excellent handling, the ride is smooth and precise. My engine has 105K miles on the clock with no mechanical problems at all, other than my regular 5K mile oil and filter changes. I have very rarely had to add oil to the engine between changes. In 2010 I averaged 19.7 MPG with a 24.3 max/16.8 min MPG on 89 regular octane gasoline. Considering the cars I own and have driven, the '8' is a refined sports car I would recommend to anyone.

Featured Services for this Mazda RX-8