2005 Mazda RX-8

Available in 4 styles:  2005 Mazda RX-8 4dr Coupe shown

18 city / 24 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

It's my attitude car, with attitude

by Barbi's sporti from | April 19, 2014

All boastful women should own this ever so unique car. I am woman, hear me and my Mazda rx8, ROAR!!!!!!

Best Car I've Owned

by MazdaLover from Vancouver, WA | August 20, 2012

I recently purchased this car and am very satisfied with my purchase. The price was lower than most and the condition of the car was great! The service was quick and friendly. I left very happy and would recommend this dealer to any of my friends.

Great car!

by Mazda Lover from Indiana | July 6, 2012

Great car! Bought used but held up very nicely. You just need to know a little bit about a rotary engine so you don't blow it up. But it's not that hard. It's a fun car for an awesome price! And the hidden suicide doors in the back are an amazing little suprise. You can't tell from the outside that there are 4 doors but much easier getting people in the back without having to get out of the car everytime. Very useful! Love this car!!

Buy new! Not used!

by Tunedskillz from Seattle WA | March 29, 2012

This car is awesome if bought new and taken care of. But i will only say this once, DO NOT BUY USED!!!! This car has alot of specail needs becouse of the rotary engine. Most people do not take care of the car and sell them allready abused (engine wise). Half of the rx8's had their engine replaced which cost 10k. Most of them are coverd by warrenty. If u buy used then u are screwed. Or dont pay over 8k for a used one.

This car rocks

by Rotary Fan from Southern California | January 29, 2012

60,000 miles and completely reliable. A blast to drive and it seats 4 adults. There are a few quarks to the care and feeding of the RX8, like never shut it down cold and drive it like you stole it. Follow these simple important guidelines and the car is as trouble free as any I've owned. Could use a few more ponies, but that it a small negative compared to all the benefits. Very comfortable ride and handles like an Indy car.

Worst car I ever owned

by car seeking from texas | December 7, 2011

Constantly having to be put in shop. Had to have the motor replaced, ac quit working, constantly replacing tires. Fuel mileage poor. Tired of paying out for repairs. Worst car I ever owned

buy

by money from Georgetown | March 5, 2011

I have a Rx8 with 28,500 miles. Never a problem. I was sceptical about buying this but am glad I did. There is alot of bad reviews from this car but people dont know how to take care of them. If you can maintain it like required it is a perfect car. Rx8 for life for me : )

A Refined Sports Car

by MOWOG59 from New Orleans, LA | February 3, 2011

I bought my first car, a new MGB in 1965 and have also restored and drive a 1959 Austin Healey "Bugeyed" Sprite. I have experienced driving British sports car and related upkeep for 40 years. The new 2005 RX8 Mazda that I have owned for the last five years is a true drivers car. The smooth reving engine rotary will take you to 9K RPM in all six gears if you have the fortitude! Considering the excellent handling, the ride is smooth and precise. My engine has 105K miles on the clock with no mechanical problems at all, other than my regular 5K mile oil and filter changes. I have very rarely had to add oil to the engine between changes. In 2010 I averaged 19.7 MPG with a 24.3 max/16.8 min MPG on 89 regular octane gasoline. Considering the cars I own and have driven, the '8' is a refined sports car I would recommend to anyone.

Great fun and definitely a daily driver

by Graduation gift to self from Tallahassee, FL | December 21, 2010

I have been a car nut from the time I could walk. I believe that the guy with the automatic sports car should have bought a cheaper car and used the extra money to pay for driving lessons in a manual; yeah, I'm that guy. I guess being raised by a single mom who was a major in the Army just gave me a different outlook on life. So, I have been driving a manual since my mother taught me on her old SAAB 900 convertible when I was 16. However, this Rx-8 is the first manual I have personally owned as a daily driver. I was originally looking at 4 cars: Mustang GT, 350Z, GTO, and Rx-8. Mustangs are easy to find, but hard to find in good condition and most GTs in my price range were automatics. 350Z's are amazing cars, but they have limited storage space and again are difficult to find in good condition at a low price. The GTO in most recent years met all my standards, but they put the gas tank in the trunk which is due to their Australian lineage and also limits storage space. The Rx-8 is amazing if you like small edgy cars like the 350Z, but it doesn't have the torque you would expect. I would recommend this car to anyone who is not worried about moving across the country, likes to drive fast in the morning (engine has to be warmed up before it can be shut off), and who can drive a manual. I test drove a 2007 model in paddle shifters and it is very difficult to get any torque out of the engine, but it was a smooth ride for a highway driver. Please do not buy any of the listed cars above without test driving them, every car is different and just because I love my Mazda doesn't mean you will too. Happy Hunting

nice car

by rx8 fan from tx | December 18, 2010

I love my 2005 rx8. I had it for a couple of months and love every bit of it. People look at me when I drive around town, even people with the new camaro.

Featured Services for this Mazda RX-8