Mazda's RX-8 received minor exterior and interior updates for 2009, which is when the rotary-powered sports car gained an R3 sport package. Competitors include the Mitsubishi Eclipse and Nissan 370Z.
New for 2010
There are no significant changes for 2010.
On the whole, last year's updated RX-8 looked much the same as before. It retained a longish hood, pronounced fender flares, and a cabin that has small, rear-hinged back doors to make it easier to get in the backseat.
- Standard 18-inch wheels
- Standard chrome dual-tailpipe treatment
- Standard LED taillights
- Optional rear spoiler
- Optional R3 sport package adds a sport suspension, a rear spoiler, side sills, a different front bumper and 19-inch aluminum wheels shod with high-performance tires
The RX-8's cabin has room for up to four people. There are bucket seats in front and back, and a full-length center console runs the length of the cabin between both rows of seats. The tachometer has a variable redline that moves based on engine temperature.
- Standard air conditioning
- Standard MP3 player jack
- Standard leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
- Optional R3 sport package adds a Bose audio system, Bluetooth connectivity, Recaro front bucket seats and keyless start
- Optional leather interior
- Optional heated seats
- Optional three-position driver-seat memory
Under the Hood
The RX-8's 1.3-liter rotary engine produces 232 horsepower when teamed with the six-speed manual transmission, but its output drops to 212 hp when paired with the optional six-speed automatic.
- Standard sport-tuned suspension
- Torque-sensing limited-slip differential on manual transmission models
- Automatic transmission includes shift paddles on the steering wheel for driver-initiated gear changes
Safety equipment includes:
- Antilock brakes
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Side curtain airbags
- Optional electronic stability system
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Mazda RX-8
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.