2001 Mazda Tribute

Available in 6 styles:  2001 Mazda Tribute 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

Mazda Tribute

by schnooky bear from Castro Valley CA | July 1, 2013

Bouth this car for my Dad, so far the cars has been outstanding. He will definitely enjoy it. Car was a good buy

2001 model...

by tribute guy from | January 22, 2011

10 years old with 130K miles. 4-cylinder manual transmission. CONS: - minor things start to go...like window belts, door handle belts. - tin-can type of feel. - don't even try going over 80 mph. PROS: - BEST SNOW VEHICLE EVER! - very good gas mileage - very reliable. If you can find the 4-cylinder stick shift model...consider it. Also have the 2003 V6 Auto Transmission model. CONS: - BAD gas mileage. PROS: - VERY sturdy, well built feel. - VERY good power. - good in snow. Overall, Mazda put out an almost perfect vehicle with the Tribute - engineered by the Japanese and built by the USA in Ford's plants (with the Escape). Unlike Blazers, Explorer's etc...Tributes and Escapes have car frames instead of truck frames, but with all of the truck advantages - except towing and off-roading.

I LOVE this car!

by Cricket from Dallas, TX | October 3, 2010

I bought a used 2001 Tribute in 2008 after I wheeled my Camry into the shop for trade...sorry, but my experience with the Camry was less than positive and I won't own another. I digress....this car was a fantastic buy! I love being higher up - being petite in size, this makes me a better driver (and more safe). I enjoy being able to haul furniture, as well as two dogs and a doggie stroller... :) If there is a downside I'd say the gas mileage - while not bad, it could be better. It is not a deal breaker in any way, though, in fact I would have a difficult time moving away from my Tribute and intend to own this car for a long, long time!

Unstoppable, Mazda really hit the nail on the head

by Tribute owner from | July 8, 2010

I drive a 94 Honda Civic and my family owns a 2001 Tribute. They both have 170,000 miles now and the tribute has been more reliable than my Honda! We are in West Virginia and it has been on road trips to Texas, New Orleans, and multiple trips to Florida. It takes multiple trips to the mountains for skiing every year and has gotten me out of some sticky situations on steep, slick roads and in deep snow. It is really tough for a small SUV that is designed to look sporty. At 170,000 miles, it has had literally zero problems beyond regular maintainence. If you invest in one with around 100,000, you are really getting a good deal and it has a lot left in it. This is one American-made vehicle that rivals the Japanese reputation for reliability in my opinion. Just a well-built little 4WD.

Extremely Happy

by Zoom-Zoom from Millsboro, De | May 13, 2010

Bought this truck a year ago with 70k mi. It now has 86k and runs great. No problems with it so far, very reliable. I wish gas mileage was a little better, but otherwise a good vehicle. The 4WD definitely came in handy this winter. Bit of advice, make sure to keep transmission properly serviced.

Satisfied w/ Performance

by ESTributeguy from Kansas City | January 18, 2009

Bought 4x4 ES V-6 model in 10/04 with 61,000 miles. Now has 154k on it. Had a 99 Ford Taurus and immediately enjoyed the 200Hp! Handles well and interior comfort quite good, but rear seat does not fold all the way down for cargo hauling. Now with high mileage has some issues---oil leaking into valves causing mis-fire but overall quite pleased with it. Electronic control buttons do not respond even when constantly poked---only work intermittently. No lighted radio/stereo/clock----can't see at night.

so far the most reliable

by small suv friend from dallas, texas | January 3, 2008

i have not had any problems with the car. advice be careful where you get the oil changed because the hole where the screw goes to plug the oil in is easily striped.

BEST SUV EVER!

by Shopaholic from Hampton | August 13, 2007

I love this truck. It is good on gas. The driving is smooth. Excellent on trips. The handling is excellent. I have had no problems. Totally pleased with my purchase. Overall....for the price and the features you couldn't ask for anything better. I looked and looked and finally decided on the Tribute and I am so so glad I purchased this truck...would highly recommend this truck to everyone.

Best all around vehicle

by Bob from Hollidaysburg PA | May 4, 2007

I owned a 1993 Mazda 626LX Touring Sedan which I sold to a friend, it had 150,000 mies on it so that I could buy my 2001 Tribute. The Tribute, like my 626 is very reliable, never had any problems since purchased, with just routine and scheduled maintenance performed. Have use this as a daily driver, long trips, and even used it as a truck to haul a lot of stuff. This Tribute fills my requirements for a all around vehicle.

Featured Services for this Mazda Tribute