2001 Mazda Tribute

Available in 6 styles:  2001 Mazda Tribute 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

good vehicle

by nicky from panama city beach florida | November 6, 2014

I bought a 2002 used Mazda Tribute DX 5 speed manual transmission in 2004 with app. 35, 000 miles. I still own and drive it in 2014. It has been a great vehicle, but as it , as it ages, has had much needed repairs. It now has about 200,000 miles and still going. I just now experienced the driver side window will not go up so the motor is out, and my stereo system volume does not function accordingly when you want the volume to go up or down; it is hit or miss, LOL. I try to leave it as is. I have a child that is disabled and in a wheelchair. I am able to put his chair in the car without putting backseats down, but do have to disassemble somethings and if I have the back seats down I can actually put his chair in and my bicycle and/or his sand chair. I really enjoy this car and has been very good to me and my family. I LOVE manual transmission!! It keeps me more focused on the road and not trying to multi-task while driving. I have traveled in this car from all over Florida to IL many times over The only thing I would say bad about the car is taking down the back seats is difficult for one person. Other than that it is a great car!

Best car for my first purchase

by Utility driver from Indiana | September 21, 2014

I wouldn't change a thing about my purchase. She(my tribute) is amazing. I bought a 2001 mazda tribute lx v4 AWD 4x4 with 109k miles. It is amazing off roading, great in the snow, great for hauling stuff around with the Awesome space. It took me a while to realize the head rests need to come off to get all the space utilized. The only problem I have with her is because She's old. A small oil leak from numerous oil changes. And cosmetic issues like the door handles and the fabric lining on the doors. I would push everyone to get the tribute it is a close to perfect car! I recommend of you have this vehicle be gentle with the sun roof. As it gets older it needs to be oiled a lot more and it comes off track sometimes. Otherwise I am a very happy customer!!

Uses car for Off-roading

Mazda Tribute

by schnooky bear from Castro Valley CA | July 1, 2013

Bouth this car for my Dad, so far the cars has been outstanding. He will definitely enjoy it. Car was a good buy

2001 model...

by tribute guy from | January 22, 2011

10 years old with 130K miles. 4-cylinder manual transmission. CONS: - minor things start to go...like window belts, door handle belts. - tin-can type of feel. - don't even try going over 80 mph. PROS: - BEST SNOW VEHICLE EVER! - very good gas mileage - very reliable. If you can find the 4-cylinder stick shift model...consider it. Also have the 2003 V6 Auto Transmission model. CONS: - BAD gas mileage. PROS: - VERY sturdy, well built feel. - VERY good power. - good in snow. Overall, Mazda put out an almost perfect vehicle with the Tribute - engineered by the Japanese and built by the USA in Ford's plants (with the Escape). Unlike Blazers, Explorer's etc...Tributes and Escapes have car frames instead of truck frames, but with all of the truck advantages - except towing and off-roading.

I LOVE this car!

by Cricket from Dallas, TX | October 3, 2010

I bought a used 2001 Tribute in 2008 after I wheeled my Camry into the shop for trade...sorry, but my experience with the Camry was less than positive and I won't own another. I digress....this car was a fantastic buy! I love being higher up - being petite in size, this makes me a better driver (and more safe). I enjoy being able to haul furniture, as well as two dogs and a doggie stroller... :) If there is a downside I'd say the gas mileage - while not bad, it could be better. It is not a deal breaker in any way, though, in fact I would have a difficult time moving away from my Tribute and intend to own this car for a long, long time!

Unstoppable, Mazda really hit the nail on the head

by Tribute owner from | July 8, 2010

I drive a 94 Honda Civic and my family owns a 2001 Tribute. They both have 170,000 miles now and the tribute has been more reliable than my Honda! We are in West Virginia and it has been on road trips to Texas, New Orleans, and multiple trips to Florida. It takes multiple trips to the mountains for skiing every year and has gotten me out of some sticky situations on steep, slick roads and in deep snow. It is really tough for a small SUV that is designed to look sporty. At 170,000 miles, it has had literally zero problems beyond regular maintainence. If you invest in one with around 100,000, you are really getting a good deal and it has a lot left in it. This is one American-made vehicle that rivals the Japanese reputation for reliability in my opinion. Just a well-built little 4WD.

Extremely Happy

by Zoom-Zoom from Millsboro, De | May 13, 2010

Bought this truck a year ago with 70k mi. It now has 86k and runs great. No problems with it so far, very reliable. I wish gas mileage was a little better, but otherwise a good vehicle. The 4WD definitely came in handy this winter. Bit of advice, make sure to keep transmission properly serviced.

Satisfied w/ Performance

by ESTributeguy from Kansas City | January 18, 2009

Bought 4x4 ES V-6 model in 10/04 with 61,000 miles. Now has 154k on it. Had a 99 Ford Taurus and immediately enjoyed the 200Hp! Handles well and interior comfort quite good, but rear seat does not fold all the way down for cargo hauling. Now with high mileage has some issues---oil leaking into valves causing mis-fire but overall quite pleased with it. Electronic control buttons do not respond even when constantly poked---only work intermittently. No lighted radio/stereo/clock----can't see at night.

so far the most reliable

by small suv friend from dallas, texas | January 3, 2008

i have not had any problems with the car. advice be careful where you get the oil changed because the hole where the screw goes to plug the oil in is easily striped.

BEST SUV EVER!

by Shopaholic from Hampton | August 13, 2007

I love this truck. It is good on gas. The driving is smooth. Excellent on trips. The handling is excellent. I have had no problems. Totally pleased with my purchase. Overall....for the price and the features you couldn't ask for anything better. I looked and looked and finally decided on the Tribute and I am so so glad I purchased this truck...would highly recommend this truck to everyone.

Featured Services for this Mazda Tribute