2006 Mazda Tribute

Available in 4 styles:  2006 Mazda Tribute 4dr FWD shown

Overall

Good value vehicle.

by Doug45ACP from Clinton, IA | March 20, 2014

I was looking for a Ford Escape. While doing some research I found that the 2006 Mazda Tribute was made side-by-side with the Escape by Ford here in the U.S. Mine is not fancy. The seats are just something to sit on. I'm not sure why, but mine has no cruise control, but it is a 5-speed. It's 4 cylinder FWD and so far I'm getting very good gas mileage. The exterior looks great and I've had a lot of positive comments about it. This was good buy for me.

I love my Mazda

by Kimberly from Georgia | February 21, 2014

I have been through two accidents with it (being hit from the rear). This car has held up great one was hit by an F150 the other I was just rear ended and they tagged the left side. Got her fixed and she still runs like new.

Second generation

by wiki from | February 11, 2014

n 2007 for the 2008 model year, the Tribute was significantly revamped, like its Ford Escape and Mercury Mariner siblings. Originally set to be renamed the Mazda CX-5, the vehicle kept the Tribute name. The changes were significant, but fell short of a "clean sheet" redesign, as the vehicles remained on the CD2 platform, and kept the old 2.3 L MZR I4, and 3.0 L AJ V6 engines.

Great fo the price.

by Noebug from Central Florida | September 28, 2013

This is my second Mazda Tribute. I love them. No issues. I am finding it harder and harder to find newer ones. Looking for a newer Mazda Tribute with towing package.

2006 Tribute, good value in a used car

by 70 Hoss from Austin TX | April 16, 2012

Mazdas have recently been rated highest in used car reliability by JD Powers. Good enough for me. I own two 2006 Mazda Tribute i models, both are very reliable and get decent mileage for a 4 cyl. 4000 lb SUV. I also own a 2005 Mazda6i sedan, another great car. Cheap to operate and insure, they are bulletproof and very crash-worthy. My daughters and son-in-law recently survived a 65 mph cow strike, followed 10 seconds later by a t-bone hit at 40 mph by a big pickup pulling a loaded 2 horse trailer wearing a brush bar on the front... can you say "locomotive"? The three passengers came out with only minor bruises. After insurance totaled the rig, my daughter went out and bought another '06 Tribute... Can't blame her. It's one safe and reliable little truck.

poor transmission

by poor transmission from | November 12, 2011

initially i didn't like the a/c performances and i still don't. we purchased the car brand new. after 80,000 miles we are having to get new transmission. we are being told that they(repair company) see a lot of mazdas and ford escaptes with this problem. i am not a happy camper b/c i don't we should be replacing a transmission at 80,000 miles. we have always had the truck serviced.

Made Right Choice

by MJ from Albany, NY | July 2, 2010

Purchased used one year ago and was hesitant as never owned a used car before, but we all are aware of the economy. Always liked Mazda style and packaging and the car does not disappoint. Very pleased, handles great, comfortable, nice looking vehicle. Zips along on highway at 75-80 with ease, gas mileage isn't bad at all. Will definitely go back to Mazda, never been a Honda or Toyota fan, never will be. Could use little more sound deadening but hopefully new tires I am putting on will help with that.

Would not recommend this vehicle

by Disappointed in Texas from Dallas, TX | January 15, 2010

I own a 2006 Mazda Tribute w/ v6 and am surprisingly disappointed in it. The transmission blew at 58000 miles, and research online reveals this is a "not so uncommon" issue w/ the CD4E transmission in the tribute. It seems to require more maintenance than other newer cars I have owned. One very annoying feature is despite putting the air/heat on the recirculate option, all outside odors come into the car. Lastly, basic parts are wearing out: CD changer skips frequently, rattle in driver side door, driver side visor/mirror loose and non functioning, several of the plastic coverings for bolts, etc. coming off, seatbelt cover broken off. Despite a new transmission the car seems to be riding rough and possibly "slipping" again. I was happy with the car regarding comfort and handling and features. It has been reliable until the transmission issue. I am currently looking to trade it in for a Honda CRV...my original car of choice when I bought the Tribute. Lesson learned.

109,000 miles on my 2002 Tribute

by Moe from Arizona | August 18, 2009

No problems, love my Tribute. Have never owned a vehicle for this long. I'm going to trade it for another if they can pry this one out of my hands! Nothing more than routine maintenance and the transmission went around 60,000 miles.

Great Mini SUV

by Harvard15 from Jeffersonville, Indiana (Louisville Metro) | April 4, 2007

This is a great Ford product by a Japanese manufacture. We opted for the Mazda Tribute over the Ford Escape for a different SUV. Seems like tons and tons of Ford Escapes on the road, but not as many Tributes. We live in an Urban part of Southern Indiana and this mobile works well in city traffic with easy maneuvering our congested freeways. We were impressed with its comfort, style and ride. We have owned this vehicle for 2 years and to date have had no problems other than normal scheduled maintenance. I would recommend this to anyone seeking a quality built automobile by Ford Motor. On another note, buy now, because the 2008 Tribute redesign is not very nice, in my opinion.

Featured Services for this Mazda Tribute