2008 Mazda Tribute

See Photos & Videos

Overall

The Perfect Vehicle

by Mazda723 from Fort Worth | January 18, 2013

The Mazda Tribute is one on the best vehicles I have ever owned. It gives a great ride and has great performance. I would recommend the Mazda Tribute to anyone.

Good 1st SUV

by North of Boston from Andover, MA | May 13, 2011

I traded my Mazda3 in for the Mazda Tribute and I'm glad I did. I live in the rural-ish burbs and I felt safe driving the local roads and highway this winter. Potholes, snow and ice are handled well with the traction control. It has responsive highway handling and good passing speed. I use the overdrive disengage while on side roads and city roads and get about 21.5 MPG. Leather heated seats, sliding moon roof, auto lights etc are all nice touches. I good choice for me.

Nice looking small SUV that is no longer available

by Mazda Man from Seattle | April 30, 2011

Fun to drive but it is a bit of a gas hog. No real problems but the tranny is clunky. Has a bunch of road noise.

Great car for everyone

by Ginger my SUV from Louisville, KY | May 19, 2010

I am a woman. I havn't had a truck in the past. I wasn't sure if I would like it or not. The storage is great. I bought all of my landscaping at one time everything fit. I took it home without help. I've taken a major road trip of 13 hours, two women, very comfortable and fit all our luggage and what we bought there. I couldn't of had a better time. I love my truck and would not trade it. One small thing about, they say a labtop will fit in the center storage I don't think so. maybe they meant an Ipad.

pretty good car

by desert dog from utah | January 21, 2010

I bought a used '08 Tribute with the 2.3. I am surpised how zippy it is. Most of my driving is highway, but I will tow my atv occasionally and head for the hills. Some reviewers complained about the boxy style, but this is the classic suv look that I prefer. This gives you more headroom and cargo space. Rounded edges and sloping rooflines minimize the utility capability of an suv. I also like the design of the interior except it is slightly lacking in footroom for the front passenger. (Big feet run in our family!) I like the agility of this suv. It maneuvers through traffic and curves efficiently. The ride is not as smooth as the heavier suvs, so I only gave it three stars for handling. Overall, this is one of the few well priced suvs that is roomy enough for a taller person, with space enough for gear, and still gets pretty good gas mileage.

My lil toy

by Jimbo from Revere,Mass | January 1, 2009

I bought this vehicle because of the rising gas prices. I owned a full size GMC Sierra. The 2 vehicles have nothing in common, but I needed something with 4WD and something a lil more city friendly! This SUV brand new off of the showroom with almost no option was 18,900! How can u beat that! The only thing I would change is the drivetrain. MORE horsepower is desparately needed for HWY driving. But adequate for city driving and it's decent on gas,not great! The interior is kinda plain but it's also a commuter vehicle,The exterior is a lil boxy, wish it was a lil more aerodynamic! But Over all ....pretty good no problems yet,have owned it for 7 months and very reliable. The sound system is decent as well with a ipod hookup..

A knock out!

by Tribor from Ashland, OR | November 8, 2007

Now have over 7k miles on this 5 spd 2.3L Tribute and love it. Good looks, handling, ride, economy, sound system, and excellent value. The economy is what makes it a knockout. Have--in 22 fill ups--averaged 28.4 mpg (high 33.1 and low 25.5) with only the addition of a K&N filter and syn oil. These numbers indicate that one would have to drive a Mazda/Ford hybrid of this model 500,000 miles to recovery the additional $7k paid for the hybrid (tax credit excluded).

I Love This Car

by Alan from Tucson, AZ | October 27, 2007

Best investment of my life. Great car would not have it any other way. Did a lot of shopping prior to my purchase of the Tribute and am glad to know I have made the right choice.

Solid SUV

by SUV guy from Vermont | September 29, 2007

We replaced our 04 Rodeo with this 08 Tribute, and we've been pleased so far. The Tribute is a lot of car for the money. You get a good looking SUV with decent interior space, numerous features, quality materials and construction, and plenty of safety features. Cons - Not so great tires and brakes.

Featured Services for this Mazda Tribute