1998 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

See Photos & Videos

Overall

what i was looking for

by david from toms river. nj | February 14, 2014

My experience at peak autosport with Mathew was a delight. He is a young, well educated , very serene gentleman. I purchased a1998 mercedes from him which I am completely satisfied with. I was able to test drive at my leisure and have my mechanic check it out. My mechanic said he would buy it if I didn't. I'm happy I did.

best choice ever

by Christo from Orlando Florida | November 12, 2013

my 98 c280, i bought this car about 2 years ago at 90.000 miles from the original owner, she had all service records. now she has 115000 for going on 16 years old is great mileage. i absolutly love this car and it is very responsive. glad to be back to a rear wheel drive car!!! this car has the V6, my other car is an 02 vw passat which is also a great car but when I have a choice of which car to use, I always drive the MB. so if you find one in great shape like mine, service records are a plus. dont be afraid of this car all it will cost you is about 100 every 10,000 miles for oil change(synthetic) and it holds about 8.5 quarts. thats all ive done to mine in 25000 miles of carefree driving.

Best Car for the money!

by Mandeville Highway from Texas | February 9, 2012

Purchased mine from the original owner with 30,000 miles...today I have over 289,000 miles on my '98 C230. I've had two other M-B's in my life to include an '89 190E and an '01 E-class, and my C230 is by far the best value for ABSOLUTE reliability. Mercedes did a good job on the quality of the C-class for several years, and my C230 has never, not once, left me stranded. As long as the maintenance is kept up it will keep going. Too bad I see so many abused ones out there! Currently am looking for a clean one for my 16 year old daughter. Recommend this car for anyone wanting to save money on gas also (gets an average of 35 mpg highway).

Super Reliable

by onlydrivembz:) from los angeles | May 14, 2010

So far my 1998 c230 has 160k miles and it runs great. Thing only major things to go wrong are a fuel pump($360)water pump($400)mass air flow meter($380) Ive owened this car for years and NEVER a single problem with the trans or engine. The engine has never had a leak and has never burned oil. As for getting the car smoged, it has always been a simple task. The only fault I can think of is the brakes. When replacing the brakes you will have to fix the pads,rotators, and drums. A ($400-$500) job. Though if you dont abuse the brakes they will last for years. other than that this is a great little car(gets great gas mileage 32/25 mpg) my personal experience. PS the car is not very comportable 5 people is a tight fit. espically if your over 6 feet tall. I hoped this helped.:)

this is thr one

by Car enoying finder from Dallas Tx | May 30, 2008

This is my first mb, I really like overall. Compared with an american brands this could be over 30% better quality vs money. It maintain cars specs as one of the best features. Interior is classic confort even the car size.

very fun to drive

by street racer from boston | December 2, 2007

probally one of the most exciting small cars to drive

My second car.

by MB enthusiast from Germantown MD | August 3, 2007

Went to the dealer to get a 2000 Camry but was seduced by this car. Handling was perfect by comparison to my 94 Celica. It handles turning so admirably that making a turn is such a pleasure, everytime. I have just been told by the shop that the engine is wearing out. Poor maintenance maybe? But I have been quite impressed. Now at least, I know what to look for in a car. Seriously considering another MB. Also, it's 2.6 engine has been quite supple with my wallet given the gas prices out there these days. Sorry I could not

Featured Services for this Mercedes-Benz C-Class