See Also: 2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Available in 3 styles:  CL-Class Coupe Base shown

Overall

2002 C230 Kompressor Coupe

by Kompressor from NY NY | November 1, 2012

I bought this 2 years ago with 69,000 miles. For 17,000 miles more it has been trouble free and a joy to drive. Solid, quite, awesome performance, hatch back hauling, 4 real seats and great gas mileage. Way better choice than most 4 cylinder used cars in this category, and even today (vs. other used cars) I see these are priced right.

solid auto; would purchase again

by My Merc from Middle Ga. | May 9, 2012

I have owned a 2002 C-320 Sport Wagon for nearly 4 years. The mileage is now 78,000. The 3.2 litre engine provides great power for a small car. The sport suspension is terrific; even though it is a wagon, it handles like a sports car. The car has been relatively trouble free for the 45,000 miles I have driven it. I purchased the extended warranty and the annual service has averaged about $1000 with all of it being covered in the warranty. The interior is comfortable. The cup holders are a joke. There are no other issues with the car. The origional sticker for the car was over $42,000 in 2002. I paid $16,000 for it in 2008. I considered a trade up to a used 2008 E-350 and found the dealer only allowed $7000 for the wagon so I decided to keep the wagon. The car is a blast to scoot around in and I agerage 23+ MPG on an 8 mile work commute and 27 MPG on the road. I'd never consider a new Benz due to the depreciation. Great used ones are available if great research is done to find the right car.

C-230 WITH KOMPRESSER

by FIRST MERCEDES from CLEVELAND OHIO | September 6, 2011

GREAT RUNNING CAR FOR A 4 CLY. MUST USE HI TEST BUT THE PERFORMENCE IT GREAT. VERY LOW TO THE GROUND SO LITTLE OLDER FOLKS MAY HAVE A HARDER TIME GETING IN AND OUT.

2002 C230K -MT

by LovaLova69 from FLORIDA | April 29, 2011

I bought my car in 2003 with 10k miles on it paid 19k. Drove 85k miles and with few minor problems. I've noticed after 80k the bulbs start to burn..not big deal cheap to replace. Maintenance is cheap also. BIG plus is the road side assistance life time for free. 2 time battery went down and it was replaced right on the spot..1 time free of charge brand new battery. Great gas mileage. I am a happy user..

Great Car

by benzGuy from Denver, CO | April 27, 2010

I loved the look of the car and performance. Overall I enjoyed driving it. I am tall so i had to have my seat back which made it very difficult for anyone to fit in the back seat. when i had a full car, it wasnt fun. It is a fast car for the V6 powered engine. The feautures were great, bose speakers which really sounded awsome, rear sun shade for my kid was great. I would reccommend this vehicle to anyone exept if you expect kids or people to be in the rear seats a lot, they and you wont be confortable.

Little problems make me nuts!

by Former Merc Fan from Los Angeles, CA | July 13, 2009

Bought this C320 wagon for my wife (who is 4'11") with 32k, and also purchased an extended warranty. Thank God for that. Love the look of the car, although it's too small for me (I'm 6'2"), while the mileage and handling are very good. However, the air cond. is, at best, marginal (we live in LA) and can take 20 minutes to cool the car at 85 degrees. 100? Forget it. It has also suffered a host of reliability issues -- some big, some small and infuriating. To wit: the driver's door seal has malfunctioned more than 3 times, been repaired... and recurs. The glovebox door has fallen off twice. My wife and I have cut our fingers on the trim around the shifter. The cigarette lighter is locked in the down position and cannot be removed. Now, in the summer heat, the car is having vapor lock problems-- despite it being fuel injected. Oh, yeah, and the sound system is only good when it's cranked... and I mean CRANKED! Otherwise it sounds like a transistor radio from the 60s. This is my sixth and last Mercedes.

Perfect car for the price

by Mike from New York | December 4, 2008

I owned my C230 Kompressor sportscoupe for more than two years. Its performance and styling in unbeatable for the price. Instead of buying a used Japanese car (for the same money) I bought my Benz and I never regret. The sportscoupe definitely attracts attention and lets you enjoy all the good things of owning a Mercedes-Benz. It is a Mercedes at the end, not "like a Mercedes."

Kompressor Guy

by Kompressor Guy from Sunny South Florida | February 3, 2008

Of all the Mercedes we have owned and shared in our family, this vehicle stands out as the best value and most useful vehicle. It has been virtually trouble free for the past six years since new. It is comfortable and handles well with excellent performance for an inexpensive economy car. We get 32 mph on the highway and high 20's around town. The hatchback with it's removable privacy shade combined with the fold down rear seats provides mini-station wagon hauling capacity. The resale is also extremely good; I recently turned down an offer of 70% of what I paid new for this six year old vehicle with 53,000 miles on the odometer. In addition, even if you are off warrantee, you still have Mercedes road side asistance forever and they will send out a technician capable of getting you up and running, like replacing the battery on the spot, instead of just towing you in.

Reliable, versitile, sporty

by Anti-SUV from Chicago, IL | November 12, 2006

Premium amenities and safety features in a value priced, economical (25+ mpg) package. Hatchback with folding rear seats makes it very versatile.

C320. A lot of car in a little package

by Bob in Burbank from Los Angeles | October 2, 2006

The 2002 vintage of this car came with the 6 cylinder engine and virtually every option that you could ask for, power seats, self dimming mirrors, burlwood dash, etc. The car just feels safe, solid and luxurious. It was unfortunately a bit pricey for the mass market so Mercedes lowered the specifications in later years, including dropping the "standard" to the C230 (four cylinder) from the 320 (six cylinder) engine.

Featured Services for this Mercedes-Benz CL-Class