2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Available in 11 styles:  2005 Mercedes-Benz C230 2dr Coupe shown

Overall

Amg C55

by AMG 362HP from | September 22, 2014

A true sleeper. No one expects a little class to rocket past with over 360 hp...(362 to be exact) AMG really makes this c class a muscle car.

I got this car for my b-day

by Jackie from Ft. Lauderdale | January 2, 2014

My father got me this kind of cr for my b-day!!! I love it !!! Its very comfortable and reliable!!! This dealer is awesome and honest!!!

2005 C230 Komp Sport

by Jeffbx from Bergen County, NJ | August 26, 2013

Found a one owner 34k miles for $13k. Car is in excellent condition as since its a 4 cylinder car with a turbo it is the best of both worlds. Fast as i need want to be and 30+ MPG on the hwy. So far the car is as solid as you would expect a MB to be. Little noisy but I'm getting used to that.

05 C240 4matic

by cars from | December 28, 2012

brought the car in 2008 with 36k on it and sold it in 3 years and putting 10k on it. ran me alot of money in unexpected repairs. i had a squeaking suspension, and a ton of electrical problems. overall it rode nice and was quiet, none of the problems were major but they did annoy me. i did find rear seat room tight, and trunk space was fit for one person's luggage, not 2 or more. torque got the car moving smoothly but it was short on HP. from my experiance, i wouldnt mind buying another one but not before i try its german/japanese competiators!

C230 Compressor 05

by Tiberiu from Dublin, CA | November 23, 2012

I bought this car as used in early 2009 with 35K miles, now it has 90K miles and other then regular maintenance (change break pads - rotor, water pump, at around 50-60K) this car simply just works flawless. Maintenance and repairs on this car at high end garages/dealers can be expensive, but if you find the right place/person, it can be reasonable. Great mileage (around 30MPG combined - normally driven), handling, quite powerful for a 4 cyl, interior and exterior design is simply a mercedes benz. I gave only 4 stars at comfort, as for long trips (10+ hours) it can become tiring, but this is a sport car, sport chairs ..etc so I don't know if it's really right to expect 5 star comfort out of it. I would buy again this car without hesitation ! I feel that it's going to stay with me for long time to come.

2005 C240 4Matic Rocks

by Mercedes Driver from Memphis, TN | August 1, 2012

I purchased this vehicle in June 2012. My wife and I took a long trip from Memphis to Las Vegas in the dead of the summer and this car just rocks. The style is very Mercedes and it took to the mountains like they were not there. The interior design is very nice with woodgrain. My complaints is that the leg room in the back is horrible but since this is a 2 person car its no big deal. Second the radio sucks and we changed out with a $700 unit. Third is that it could use a little more horse power but remember it is a 6 cyl. Fourth the tires seem to wear quickly and I researched this and it seem to be the standard. Spend a little more to get good quiet tires or you will have to deal with road noise. Service for Mercedes seems to be a little high so avoid the dealer and get you a good certified Mercedes mechanic where you live. Overall thus far im happy with this purchase. If I feel the same way in a couple years I will be getting an S-Class.

I've had this car for 6 years

by owner from Long Beach, CA | August 29, 2011

Over the years I’ve spent a lot of money on repairs. This car has cost me so much money until I don’t ever want to purchase a C –Class again. I’ve replaced my steering column, battery alternator, several sensors, thrust Arm bushings. Not to mention all the other things that is broken on the car! A total waste of money.

Mercedes C230 Kompressor

by LoveMyMerc from Pittsburgh, PA | August 8, 2011

I spent a lot of time online reviewing cars and was split between the BMW and MB. I finally decided upon the MB and I love it!. I love the exterior look of the Kompressor, the sporty look always has heads turning. I am very pleased with all the options that are provided with this lower end MB. It rides very nice and handles the road with ease. I think my only negative about the car is that there is road noise at lower speeds. I have been told by the dealer that it is the sports wheels that creates the noise in the cabin. Other than that, I am in love!!!

Best Buy

by Bogie from Chicago | July 17, 2011

This is MBs best value in the last 20 years! We easily get over 30 MPG and can perform with any common "sports sedans" on the road! The interior is durable and classy/sporty, while the exterior paint and trim are solid as a rock. No rattles or fading, everything that is supposed to be with a sports/luxury car from Germany. The only problem I see is they are hard to find with mileage under 60k. If you can find one, snap it up, get it checked out, do regualer check-ups, and enjoy the ride!

Great MPG, classy ride

by Oaklandish from Oakland | July 8, 2011

I've had this car for over 2 years and it's a pretty darn good car. It drives great, the interior is money, I get 30+MPG on the freeway and it drives quite smoothly. I like aiming the benz hood ornament at things too. I have had some somewhat normal maintenance issues for a 60,000 mile 6 year old car. I had to replace the voltage regulator ($500), tires and the cam shaft solenoid seal ($1800). It sprayed oil on the engine and is a common failure on Mercedes Benz 1.8 engines. Also, there is no ipod integration which is $800 to add.

Featured Services for this Mercedes-Benz C-Class