2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Available in 7 styles:  2006 Mercedes-Benz C280 4dr AWD Sedan shown

Overall

My Dream Car

by Jazzy B Ride from Houston,TX | June 27, 2014

I purchased my vehicle back in February of this year. I had went to two other places before going to AutoNation Mitsubishi. Once I got there my first salesman Mr. Deen introduced hisself and ask could he help assist me. I told him what I was looking for and after we found my dream car, I was then introduced to Mr. Gill. Only a few hours there and did the paperwork, I had my new ride. I'm happy to say they did an awesome job and I will refer others to go there.

My 4th MB, and still in love

by Benzboy from Minnesota | February 20, 2014

Stylish, yet uncontroversial. Luxurious, yet utilitarian. The AWD is incredible. Like a typical MB; every switch, instrument, and gizmo is exactly where it should be. I took a 3 year break from MB, and leased a Honda. It felt like I was driving a go-kart! I won't be straying from my beloved Mercedes again

This winter made the difference- buy this car!

by Kent H from Nanuet | February 11, 2014

I sold my 2009 front-wheel drive Honda Accord in October 2013 and bought my 2006 MB 280 4matic with 76,000 miles. For 12,500 the car was a steal, looks like it is maybe a year old. You can tell the MB quality is just so much superb to all Japanese cars. The 6 cylinder engine is very responsive and smooth, with nice acceleration, feels like a Ferrari compared to my Honda. Breaks are no joke, you can tell this thing was made for the Autobahn. But the best thing ever is this incredible relaxing all-wheel drive: No more spinning tires, no more getting stuck on a hill, no more hydroplaning. driving in winter on snow is fun now, and even my wife which is not interested in technology was wondering why the car doesn't break out on snow. I explained it and now she wonders why we waited 20 years to buy an MB with 4matic. Buy one, but make sure it has the 4matic.

I love my MB!!!

by James G from Lauderdale Hills, Fl | January 8, 2014

When comparing it to other AWD cars available, this was by far the best value. When test driving the cars the MB had almost no signs of wear, and the best overall fit and finish. The MB drove as well as the Audi and Subaru, the Toyota and Volvo were overpriced and lack luster. After 3 years I still love my MB. It is still very peppie, and handles (and rides) like a dream (like you think an MB should). Reliability wise,,,,,,, I have not had it in the shop once!!!

my first MB and love it

by westchesterman from Croton | May 21, 2013

I bought a 2006 C280-4matic in January from a dealer in NJ after I was driving my friends car while he was on vacation and loved it. Now, after 5 month I have to say that I never invested my money better. Rain, Snow, Gusty Winds- no problem. The all-wheel-drive gives you this unmatched feeling of safety when you run into the large water puddles on the highway. At 24MPG for a 3.0 Liter V6 with 230HP you have nothing to complain. I had it in for an oil change and the guy checked my breaks. In the back, at 78K miles still the first rotors. Yes, they are expensive to change on a MB, but the way they last you make up for it.

best for the year

by sam from california | March 2, 2013

best safety car foe the money regardless of the mileage still good,reliable ,good on gas ,good handling ,generally better of it's class.

BUY IT!!!!

by ColoradoNick1949 from Jackson Hole | October 21, 2012

I was in Europe in 2007 and had the C-Class 280-4matic as a rental car in Switzerland. In December. Needless to say it performed incredible, I NEVER before had a car that took any kind of stress away from me with 6 inches of snow on the road!! Wow!! I went back home and said to my wife:" This is my next car". Fulfilled my dream 1 year later- and never regretted. My son is taking over my 2007 280matic with 165,000 miles and guess what: He loves it. So get your hands on this great car. Incredible in rain and snow-unbeievable reliable...

Great Value

by New C230 Owner from N CA | November 15, 2011

Bought a 2006 C230 Sport, solid performance, great styling with classic MB lines. I did a little research and the 2006 model year has less reported problems than other years in the W203 series. The car had relatively low miles for the year 54k. I bought the car from a MB dealer, however it was not "Certified" pre-owned. The price was right and so were my expectations, it is a used car and not perfect but I am very happy with it and I got into it for less than half what a new C300 would have cost. A good first time out in the luxury car market.

Good car

by Verizonman from New York | October 23, 2011

Very good handling, good gas milage, you can hear your watch tick at 90mph. 4-wheel-drive gets you everywhere. There is no better car in this size. I bought a 2006 with 66K miles and have it now 3 month-love, love it.

I love it

by ChrisN from Mount Laurel | August 23, 2011

What a great car! I bought a 2007 with 60k miles for my daily 150 mile commute and have it now for 18 month. Came to this page here to shop for another one for a friend of mine. The car gives you this unbelievable safety feeling thanks to great breaks, unmatched handling in rain and snow with the all-wheel-drive and the electronic stability program. Not fearing bad weather makes all the difference. I paid $199 for the A service, basically an oil change and a check up. But you only need to do that every 15000 miles. I get 27mpg in average going 70-75mph on the highway. Super silent and responsive engine.