Mercedes-Benz redesigned its entry-level C-Class sedan two years ago, offering new styling reminiscent of the automaker's S-Class flagship. Engine choices remain the same for 2010: The C300 has a 228-horsepower V-6, while the C350 offers a larger 268-hp V-6, and the high-performance C63 AMG packs a 451-hp V-8. Prime competitors include the BMW 3 Series, Audi A4 and Infiniti G37.
New for 2010
There are no significant changes for 2010.
The C-Class grew 3.7 inches longer and 1.7 inches wider when it was redesigned, taking on a cleaner, more angular appearance.
- Luxury and Sport versions available
- Luxury models have comfort suspension and traditional Mercedes-Benz grille and hood ornament
- Sport models have a large grille-mounted star (think SL-Class roadster), subtle ground effects and a sport-tuned suspension
- Seventeen-inch wheels are standard for Sports models, 18-inch wheels are optional
Two front bucket seats and a three-place rear bench provide seating for five. An angular dashboard design mimics the car's exterior styling theme, and Luxury and Sport models have unique instrument panels. The trunk measures 12.4 cubic feet, which is slightly more than a 3 Series sedan but less than a G37's 13.5-cubic-foot trunk.
- Standard eight-way power front seats
- Standard dual-zone automatic climate control
- Standard moonroof
- Standard leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Optional features include leather upholstery, xenon headlights and a navigation system
- Optional keyless ignition
- Optional Universal Media Interface with USB connectivity
Under the Hood
The C300 is powered by a 3.0-liter V-6, while the C350 has a 3.5-liter V-6. The C63 AMG performance sedan packs a 6.2-liter V-8.
- 228-hp C300 is available with a six-speed manual or seven-speed automatic transmission
- C300's engine can run on E85 ethanol
- All-wheel drive offered on C300
- 268-hp C350 and 451-hp C63 AMG get rear-wheel drive and a seven-speed automatic
- Optional Dynamic Handling Package on rear-wheel-drive sport sedans (C300 and C350) includes active damping suspension and speed-sensitive steering
Standard safety features include:
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Side curtain airbags
- Front-seat pelvic airbags
- Active front head restraints
- Four-wheel-disc antilock brakes
- Traction control
- Electronic stability system
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Mercedes-Benz C-Class
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.