2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class

See Photos & Videos

Overall

My First Mercedes Benz

by NK from Atlanta, GA | March 9, 2014

I previously owned BMW 335i. The car was a blast to drive but the problems arose when the warranty was over. So I traded it in for this baby Benz; CLA250 My CLA is a bit over $35,000 (not includes tax and fee), and I find the car pretty much well-equipped. It has everything that I possibly need; heated seats, nav, power seats, turbocharged engine, etc. Overall, it does what I expect. It moves along quickly. The turbo lag is very minimal. Quiet and comfortable ride. Rather relax driving experience comparing to BMW. The understeer is very manageable for a FWD. Excellent fuel economy as I manage to get somewhere between 27-33MPG in rural driving. However, there are few complains. First, the removable center cupholder is squeaking every time I hit rough roads. It's very annoying but it's just, to me, too small of a problem to bring it to a dealer. Second, backseat has no tight support because the seat cushions are quite short. Basically, it's a coupe backseat! Third, there is not a single cupholder in the back but only bottle holder along door pockets. Last, mBrace service is quite handy but the subscription is pretty expensive. I won't renew it after the trial expires. I am hoping that the maintenance will be less expensive than my previous BMW 335i and perhaps far less issue also. At least, its 4-cylinder turbo engine should be less costly to maintenance. Now, it only has 2,000 miles. It's too soon to say how it holds up. Let's hope I won't be visiting the dealer as frequent as the time I had the 335i

Sharp looking but practical Car

by Sporty but practical car enthusiast. from Canyon Lake, CA | February 1, 2014

The Mercedes CLA is not the fastest car, but has excellent smooth acceleration with the turbo boost engine. It is great in handling! The sport package upgrade with the fancy front end and the LED back lights reaay improve its' looks. The panoramic sun roof makes the appearance excellent! The enertainment pkg including navigation, blue tooth, with voice activation is easy to use! The back seats are a little to straight up and down, which would be uncomfortable on a long trip. The exterior design is one of the best looking Mercedes and of any car available today. Gas mileage is superb with it's 7 speed transmission.

expensive TIRES

by beaware from Florida | January 30, 2014

I just got my car today. I WANT everyone who is considering getting this car to MAKE SURE YOU ARE AWARE about the expensive tires. No one told me about the tires, WHAT A SHOCK, after I sold my clk350, and only while meeting the :finance guy to try to sell me all the warranties, I learned that I just bought a car that has no spare tire and each tire cost $650!! had no choice but to get the tire warranty and still not happy, I did test drive the car the day before and met a couple times with two different salespeople in two different dealerships, no mention about the tires and no spare tire, If I would have know about these tires, I definitively would have not bought the car. It is a nice car, rides well, but just the thought of having to replace a tire whenever I get a flat tire, at a cost of $650 each is absurd when Mercedes is marketing this car as entry level car!!

Fun car to drive

by Workaholic from Hornell, NY | January 3, 2014

Very comfortable, reliable car. amazing pickup when passing other vehicles. handling is incredible, rides like it is on rails in the corners. Great gas mileage.

Fast, comfortable & eye catching

by RSM from New Jersey | December 26, 2013

After 850 miles... Pros: Exterior styling, interior comfort, design and quality of materials, very smooth transmission, good gas mileage, engine that pops, sure footed handling in snow with FWD, Premium Package 1 provides what you need, Bluetooth works well, responsive steering, quiet cabin (17" wheels), good feel of road. Cons: Voice command button that does nothing (this should have been included in basic bluetooth function and is really annoying; will cost you $1500 to get it to work), taut ride on rough road services for those expecting a cushy ride, needs premium gas, rough restart when in econ mode (engine shuts off when stopped). This can be disabled after turning car on. Ignore reliability rating, as car is brand new. Overall, really like the car and pleased with price and purchase!

bait and switch

by typical dealer manipulation vs advertising promise from las vegas NV and San Diego CA | December 21, 2013

Mercedes is advertising this car series as entry level with no options needed. I checked the inventory of the responding dealers. Due to shortages(averaged two cars available) they were all boosting the prices by $5 to 10K without options and 10 to 15K with Premium sound systems which theoretically were not $2500 better than the standard MB systems. Typical of MB dealers, they all tried to put me into a bigger class of MB. I shifted back to Cadillac and Lincoln away from the arrogant Germans and their American dealer elites.

ok car

by barry from md | December 15, 2013

too much money for a little car that wasn't that loaded. I think the car should come with the standard futures rather than the buyer paying for it separately. the 29k internet price is just a trick to get the customer in, I know right before that it sounds good to be true

Mercedes before 60.

by J.C. from Tucson, AZ | December 11, 2013

I'm 37. Never thought I would buy a Mercedes before 60. People say Mercedes created CLA to target younger buyers..... They succeeded! Bought this car for my wife just couple days before thanksgiving, and absolutely love it!! She calls it "Angel" because it's white, with LED taillamps that look like wings. I wanted Sport Package, but didn't find the color. My CLA has Bi-Xenon and 18-inch wheels, which is gorgeous. Some standard features on this car is optional on competitors, such as paddle shifters and power front seats with memory. Interior design and ambient lighting produces a warm cabin at night. 208hp and 258lb-ft of torque deserve the mean look of dual exhaust. 7-speed DCT delivers smooth and fast response. 800 miles of round trip to Vegas during Thanksgiving, at average speed of 75 to 80 mph, resulted in 35.5 MPG. That's a pretty decent fuel efficiency for its power. I'm sure cruising at average speed of 65 mph, you easily get 38 MPG. When "Angel" was parked in front of T.I. and Aria hotels waiting for valet guy, we saw tourists taking photos with the car more than once. It's surprising how this $30K car can be so attractive. In one week, we received more compliments than past 10 years. Bellagio valet driver, car wash dude, insurance lady, window tint guy, and student from parking garage, they all said: Nice Car!!!

Great Buy-looks-solid feel.

by Car Bluff from upstate New York | December 11, 2013

Just picked up my first Benz- a CLA 250. Only $34,000 including freight. Great performance, comfortable ride, luxury, and superb mpg. Getting 35 mpg on highway, and 25 mpg around town. Heated seats, auto wipers, air, deluxe sound system, leather like seats without the extra cost. Don't believe the expert reviews that claim high engine sound, and other negatives. There are none. This is a luxury car at have the price you would pay for other Benz's, BMW's, Audi's, Lexus's, etc. I love my Benz.

not much to say yet

by movinonup from iowa | November 28, 2013

I like it and the sticker price for a base vehicle was lower than a Chevy Impala. Go take a test drive.