2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class

Available in 4 styles:  2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK350 2dr Coupe shown

Overall

Absolute pleasure to drive

by Big V8 Fan from Massachusetts | October 9, 2014

Just bought a used '09 CLK550 convertible, and so far I love it. These are hard to find, plenty of CLK350s around, but I wanted the big V8, and I'm glad I held out for one. Has something of a Jekyll and Hyde personality. You can drive it around town and barely touch the gas pedal, and not exceed 1500 rpm. Driven like that everything is very serene and relaxing. You won't hear the engine, or much of anything except the music you're enjoying. When the opportunity arises you can stomp your right foot down and the slumbering beast wakes up with a snarling growl, and you take off like a rocket. Great fun of course. I'm 60 years old and should be too mature for such adolescent frivolity, but oh well. I like riding motorcycles with big engines for exactly the same reason. Not much not to like really - the steering is a little light and over boosted for my taste. It doesn't have the feel of say a BMW 3 series, at least when they still had hydraulic power steering. Of course gas mileage isn't great, but if that's a big deal to you then you should maybe consider a Prius instead. I know which of us will be grinning ear to ear. Overall the feeling is that the car is very well built and reassuringly solid. I think I'll be enjoying this one for a long time to come.

Everyday driver

by Traveler0980 from Jabez, KY | October 14, 2013

This car replaced a 2005 Mercedes CLK-320. Only reason in trading was this car had low mileage and a great price. This car drives like a sports model with plenty of pep and good gas mileage. This model had updated technology, a real plus.

First car bliss!

by Mandy from | August 23, 2013

This car performs fantastic. I love the body of the CLK 2009 coupe. It has great handelling and performance. Its so smooth, You feel in control of the car.It comes equipped with the AMG sports package, navi. I love it!

Beautifully competent car

by sdtz from Vista, CA | January 2, 2013

Just came off lease and was able to pick up low mileage (18K) CLK350 coupe for a very reasonable price and still had factory warranty. My first Mercedes and very impressed with overall build, handling and performance. This has "Sport" option which adds cross drilled rotors, lowered suspension, AMG exhaust, contour'd steering wheel and subtle body pieces. I like it ;-)

I love my blackie CLK

by Jessica from Texas | July 23, 2012

This is the best car I've ever had, and I've had many. I love it! Took a test drive on a BMW 335i, it doesn't hold a candle to Mercedes, while driving the BMW I could hear the engine. Mercedes is silent, smooth, and it feels like a lil plane. It's such a stylish & strong lil car. I am totally in love!

MB owner

by MB driver from Long Island, NY | June 4, 2012

The CLK delivers excellent performance and although it is an automatic transmission, it can be driven as a manual transmission car as well. The exterior styling is outstanding and generates a lot of attention. The interior features are of such a high standard, it feels as though you are sitting in the comfort of your own home.

The infamous Benz convertible... the A209 CLK350

by BMW fanatic from Irvine, CA | January 23, 2012

Mercedes introduced the CLK convertible back in 02', and the have not majorly redesigned the CLK. As the last year of the A209 production, this second generation 09' CLK350 is not that much different from the previous ones. With a 3.5L V6 engine pumping out 268hp and 258tq, it needs just a tad more power to haul its heavy convertible mechanism. The seats are moderately comfortable for a car at this price range, while the interior design should have been updated a long time ago. The navigation is the hardest ever to use; even the BMW iDrive is more user friendly than the Mercedes Nav of this generation. In terms of driving, the pickup is pretty good for such a heavy car, and when the top is down, one could care less about how fast it goes. Overall this is a great vehicle but not worth its price tag, in my honest opinion.

Most fun I've had driving a car

by Multi Bez Owner from Utah | October 18, 2011

This car is sporty all over the place. It's fun to drive and handles extremely well. I especially love the top down. If the outside temp is around 50 to 60 degrees, you can still have the top down, just roll up the windows and turn the heater on and it's a beautiful ride!! I've driven this car on a trip of 400 miles and the whole time I was comfortable without feeling like I had to stop and stretch my legs. New in '09 iPod integration is awesome! Now I can listen to my own tunes through the car's speakers and I can enjoy every one. Handsfree bluetooth is great, but with the top down others have a little harder time hearing you, especially on the freeway. I LOVE THIS CAR!!!

Featured Services for this Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class