2007 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class

See Photos & Videos

Overall

it's ok car

by doesntmatter from houston, tx | September 22, 2012

The exterior design is why I had always wanted this vehicle but..... it isn't the best car to buy.... I should've went w something else !!!! Maybe a BMW would've been better!!

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by serge from boca raton FL | September 6, 2012

The best car ever. Fast, reliable, good looking. Very good value for the money. Must have as a second vehicle in household.

The car i always wanted!!! Until the wheel fall of

by Manny CLS 550 from New Jersey | March 5, 2012

This is the best luxury/sport car out there and i dont think it will stay behind when it in terms of looks even when the next gen seats besides...

Yeah, Baby!

by KMW from San Antonio, TX | February 1, 2012

LOVE IT! Fast, handles great, smooth ride. The fit is tight, like a sports coupe, not really a bad thing.

Best looking car on the road

by NA from Topeka, Ks | January 17, 2012

What a car!! As good looking as the CLS-550 is, it'll amaze you by what's under the hood. Fast, sleek, and handles so well. My only concern is how will I ever top this vehicle in the future? Realize that there's not many around, so you may have to expand your search and/or be patient for one to become available in your area.

Great car

by Karl from Ft.lauderdale | January 3, 2012

It is my 5 th Mercedes Benz overall it is one of the best rides ever. It takes little getting used to low cabin hight but very comfy once u get the hang of it and in this new gen Mercedes transmission 7 speed is good but it is the first to brreak down. Make sure u inspecet the shift before buying on pre owned. Always buy the extended warranty just transmission will cost u 8 grand flat

close to ideal balance

by luxury for less from Nashville, Tennessee | October 20, 2011

I've bben fortunate over my driving lifetime (I'm 61 now) to own many upscale german cars including BMW (M3, 540i, 735i, 633i, Audi, Porsche (928,944, 911) and more recently Mercedes Benz. This car is a beauty;engine runs smooth as glass at all speeds. Ride at high speeds a little rough due mostly to the wide,low profile tires ( I only run Michelins). Dealer is great! Rear seats not for big people. Ok for average size Joe but not fat Larry! Wish I could afford a new one! Fuel economy really pretty good for a 5.5 liter V-8. Runs only hi test.

I love it!!

by SouthernBelle from Tallahassee, fl | December 28, 2010

This car is beautiful!!! When I bought mine it had already been in a wreck but it drove beautifully. I was fearful of buying a Mercedes because of the cost of maintenance but my car has had no problems. It is extremely fast and I love how the car can hold 7 CDs at a time and can rise and lower to the ground. Everytime I drive this car I receive compliments and I'm happy I purchased it.

CLS 550 for the common man

by MercedesDisciple from Toronto Ontario | December 22, 2010

I started by search looking for the fasted CLS I could afford but after inquiring with a few CLS 55 AMG owners as to why they would ever sell such a beautiful car, I concluded they were all having issues with speed and the law. I ended up purchasing a 2007 CLS550 (382 hp) and opted to skip the supercharged AMG version to save some money on gas. The car has lived up to all my expectations of performance and refined styling. My CLS came with the upgraded AMG sports package and the paddle shifters really allow the driver control of the transmission and power to the wheels. Mercedes has done a super job with the CLS styling. This car looks fantastic from the leather seats to the high tech paint finish. You would be hard pressed to find a better fit and finish on any car. This car has so many features that I was actually forced to read the owners manual just to figure out how it all worked. I love the way Mercedes has given drivers the ability to customize the console layout and functionality (auto door locks) of the car using simple option screens. The pre-programmed seats positioning, external mirrors and steering wheel position is very handing when multiple drivers are using the car (3 configuration saved). The air suspension really gives you an ultra smooth ride but set the suspension to super sport and you can take any corner at top speed. I have had 3 Saabs prior to the CLS and I am amazed at difference in the ride quality the CLS delivers. For all my friends in Canada, you will definitely need to get winter tires to keep this brut on the road during those cold snowy months. I regret that the 2007 CLS does not come in an all wheel drive version. My single pet peeve with the car is the restricted visibility of the cars around your. With the high doors, smaller windows, blind spots and tiny exterior rear view mirrors, you really have to pay attention to the cars around you at all times. I guess if you are going fast enough you do not need to worry about who is behind you. I would definitely recommend this car to people who really appreciate a fine ride. I have found myself taking the long way home many times just to log more driving time with my baby. The CLS is definitively a marriage of elegant styling and hard core performance. Opulent yet Approachable!

Great car but some rough edges

by Cdn Driver from Ontario, Canada | July 22, 2010

I'm comparing it to my 2001.5 VW Passat GLX 4-Motion (loaded). The interior of the VW is still a bit better than the CLS and I was unpleasantly surprised with some of the ergonomics of the CLS such as the fact that (in the Cdn versions at least) the automatic headlights needed to be switched from auto to on to be able to use the high-beams, the seats aren't quite as comfortable, the general fit and finish isn't quite as good, etc. On the plus side however, the performance of this machine is nothing short of breathtaking. I never get tired of accelerating at warp 7 to get up to cruising speed or pulling up along someone as I'm passing and then putting the pedal down and becoming a black dot on the horizon in about 3.2 nanoseconds. Despite all of that, I've noticed that the gas mileage on this 382HP V-8 firebreathing monster is actually about 10% better than on my 190 HP V6. That's nothing short of astonishing. I never get tired of the looks this thing has either. I have driven my sister's Passat CC and it's a close second to the CLS. Not sure the CLS is worth twice the money of the CC. It'll be interesting to see how the new 2011 CLS raises the bar.