The CLS-Class, a sedan with coupelike styling, comes in two models: the CLS550 and the high-performance CLS63 AMG. The CLS-Class competes with the likes of the Audi A8, BMW 650 and Jaguar XK.
New for 2011
Changes are minor, with the previously optional Sport Package now standard on the CLS550, including 18-inch AMG wheels, high-performance summer tires and steering-wheel shift paddles. Also, the new "mbrace" telematics system is standard, offering features such as remotely locking and unlocking the vehicle with an iPhone or BlackBerry.
The CLS-Class features a high belt line and short side windows. A distinctive body crease rises from the front wheel arch, extends across the side and continues through the contoured rear light cluster into the back bumper.
- Standard 18-inch wheels
- Optional 19-inch alloy wheels
- Standard projector-type headlights
- Optional bi-xenon headlights
- Optional automatic cornering light function with bi-xenon headlights that switches on cornering lights during a turn, pivoting to follow the driver's steering
The CLS seats up to four. The instrument panel's central speedometer is flanked by a tachometer and clock. Bar-graph displays show the fuel level and coolant temperature.
- Standard "mbrace" telematics system
- Standard six-disc CD/DVD player
- Four-zone climate control
- Standard power front seats
- Optional heated and cooled seats
- Optional massaging front seats
Under the Hood
The CLS550 and CLS63 AMG come with V-8s, though they share no engine parts.
- 382-horsepower, 5.5-liter V-8 with 391 pounds-feet of torque (CLS550)
- 507-hp, 6.3-liter V-8 with 465 pounds-feet of torque (CLS63 AMG)
- CLS63 AMG has an optional Performance Package, which includes a top speed of 186 mph, a sport suspension with stiffer brakes, 19-inch alloy wheels, a limited-slip rear differential and a sport steering wheel
Mercedes' Pre-Safe system is standard. It pre-tensions seat belts, moves the seats into a safer position and closes the sunroof if the system's forward-looking radar senses an impending collision.
- Standard front and rear side-impact airbags
- Standard side curtain airbags
- Standard electronic stability system
- Standard antilock brakes
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2011 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class.