1997 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Best bang for your buck

by Car Enthusiast from | May 20, 2014

If you find one of these with less then 100k miles and was never in any accidents and had periodic mantainance then you've found a car that gives you the most for the money.

doesnt disappoint

by aldo from new york | April 16, 2014

test drive the car ask the seller about its history if the water pump and head gasket have been replaced. look for engine wear the belt oils know that when you buy a used car you'll have to put some money in it for her to perform well. if you aren't ready to invest a little for a lot in the long run stay away from the w210

Used Mercedes E 320

by WilliamR from Appleton, WI | October 30, 2013

I recently purchased a used Mercedes E 320 from a private party in Minnesota and was pleasantly surprised at the "surprise" under the hood. The car was explained to be in good mechanical condition. It is not. I should have smelled a rat as I sat in downtown Minneapolis traffic watching the smoke pour out from under the car. As I write this one month after purchase, the car is still in the shop for head gasket work. I will have to pay an additional $3,200 for this work. The starter cable also went out $540. It will need more things as well. Do I fell cheated? I don't know. I bought this car for $3200. I guess it's a work in progress, but wish the party that sold me the car had been more forthright with the condition.

recent car owner

by Israel from NY | July 19, 2013

Ehen to this place, the services was fantastic, George took great care of my need, excellent customer service, I would recommend this dealer

A short drive (175mi.) but Iam in love!!

by john the pilot from pequot lakes mn. | March 22, 2013

To soon to tell of the reliability but the first 175mi. went great! so well if fact I feel bad that all my life I have been without a Mercedes in my garage it will not happen in the next! I'm in Mn. and it is the second day of spring but it is 6 below out there and the snow is half way up the windshield! this not the weather conditions I want to take my car out so I will just sit in it and play the radio and try to learn something of my new toy. Great car for sure the best I have ever owned!! I'm sorry it came 60 years to late! John

Old Mercedes Deal for a STEAL!

by dewgirl from Tulsa, OK | September 1, 2012

I have owned this car for five years. It has always reliably performed. I drive it to Chicago often (1,400 RT miles) and it is mechanically sound and holds the road. It has 300,000 miles on it, but it's a diesel, so it'll go another 200,000. I will buy another later-model Mercedes only if it is comparable to the one that I currently own.

my second Mercedes

by blondie from Longmeadow, MA | December 7, 2010

do really love my mercedes, is there any other car on the road? since my first 300E it is impossible to drive any other car because I spend a great deal of time on the road and love the reliability, comfort and class of my new 1997 which I bought used as was the first mercedes

'Like Buttah'

by Stergeye from Kent, WA | February 14, 2010

My last two vehicles were an '89 Accord LXi and a '99 Camry LE, which got me accustomed to good acceleration and road handling, and features like power steering and tinted windows. Purchased my E-320 with 154K miles on it 4 months ago; I've put 12K on it since, and it is a delight to drive. The engine purrs like a Swiss watch, and I appreciate its ability to get me up to highway speed in nothing flat. Gas mileage is a little disappointing--about 20mpg overall. It has AMG 18" mag rims, which look gorgeous, but it cost me $900 for new tires. I'm told I could get $ ahead in a trade for standard wheels; but dang it, I'm getting attached to how good they look!

greatest mercedes ever made!

by asdfghjkl from North Jersey | November 3, 2009

I have had my 97 for all 12 years of its life and it has continued to be the best car ive ever owned. Amazing gas milage for such a big heavy car. Only bad thing is the paint on mine is faulty, it started rusting at about 60,000 miles, its now just at 100,000 miles but has had not one major issue. Great car

Built like a rock, feels like a rocket

by Car Enthusiast from L.A. California | May 14, 2009

Wonderful car. have the e 420 v8.has served our family for ten years with nearly no problems at all apart from a small problem with the shifter. apart from that , this car is Amazing. after all these years it never rattles. door closes with a solid thud and it will leave 25 feet of burnt rubber on the asphalt if you want it to. it is extremely quiet and and handles well for a car its mass. have nothing but good things to say about. if you want to buy one buy a v8, it is smooth and torqey and pulls this car with immediate authority. but be warned, benzes have high maintnence costs when, or if they break down. higly reccomend the car for someone who wants cheap luxury.

Featured Services for this Mercedes-Benz E-Class