2002 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Great buy

by Classic car enthusiast from Carmel, IN | September 14, 2013

the 11 year old car drives and handles exceptionally well. No mechanical issues and body is in great shape.

Fantastic Car

by Ex BMW Owner from Cincinnati, OH | September 1, 2012

All around fantastic car. Smooth ride with tight steering. Quality workmanship inside & out. The convertible makes for a somewhat tight fit for the rear passengers (not comfortable for long trips) but adequate for around town. That would be the only very minor negative that I can pinpoint. Otherwise, my wife and I are extremely happy with this vehicle.

E-200

by Mercedes-man from | July 30, 2012

The only thing i can say is : that car is perfect!!184 hp,top speed 260 k/ph,comfort,and those 10 years i have it,there wasn't any problem!

E320

by jcb from Phoenix, MD | June 25, 2012

I've owned diesel MB's since 1969. This is my first gasoline engine. It's a fabulous car, safe, fast, and comfortable.

Runnin' Wagon

by Cool Blue from PA | November 28, 2011

Drove this car 112,000 miles and it was as good as new when totaled. Had expected to drive it at least 250K miles. Car totaled and wife walked away with NO INJURIES, keep your Volvos, MB is tops in driver safety.

Perfect Alternative to an SUV

by SoldByDon from Northeast Ohio | August 3, 2011

After owning a handful of SUV's, in 2005 I bought an almost-new, domestic luxury crossover vehicle. After 3 years use it turned out to be cheaply built and spent way too much time at the dealer for continual repairs, and it was a gas pig. Having lost $30,000 over 3 years on this piece of junk and being short of cash but needing a reliable vehicle, in 2008 I found a used 2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 AWD Wagon that has been exceptionally reilable. It is well engineered, gets 26-27 MPG on the highway, tows my utility trailer and and jet ski with ease, plows through snow better than any SUV I've had (best traction control design of any vehicle I've owned), has an abundance of airbags for safety, and is easy to get in and out of (unlike an SUV). And the interior roominess with the back seats folded down is as big an many SUV's; I can haul a handful of 8 foot long 2x4's inside. For snow skiing the skis fit in nicely (you wont have to put them on the roof!) if you put one side of the center seat down. I bought this one with 78K on it, have driven it for another 60K over 3 years with minimal problems (has been to the dealer only twice) and now I'm looking to replace it with a newer one. My only complaints are that the seats aren't as comfortable as the newer E-Class - but at 138K they show almost no wear - and the body is not of galvanized steel, so these cars need paintwork occasionally to minimize surface rust in northern climates. My wife and I now each have Mercedes-Benzes and love them for the design, performance and reliability.

Old School Druppie Eyes

by Jar2Trip from Mitchellville, Maryland | March 30, 2011

After driving a new company lease vehicle every 2 years for over 26 years. I retired in 2009 and started looking for a personal vehicle. I decided to check out the E-class since I started to take note that most people who have these cars seem to keep them for a long time. I seached a found one in December 2009 a 2002 E320 w/48,700 miles. This car was in such excellent condition I thought something has to be wrong. Well, I have had a complete blast driving this vehicle. The perfomance is unbelieveable and the ride is so comfortable. The engine response when pressing the gas pedal is such a smooth transition its hard to believe the car is used. I think the earlier E class models 1995 to 2002 is the best car Mercedes Benz built period. When my mechanic checked the car after I purchased it he said the rear rotors were warpped and needed to be replace. Well, I thought the ride was just fine and the rotors could wait. I had the rotors and brake pads replacement 11 months later and I'm telling you the car rides like a new vehicle. WHAT A CLASSIC

Class, Comfort, Smooth Ride, Safe, Reliable

by Creeker from Pennsylvania | January 17, 2011

Bought a 1999 E320 4Matic after having 2 300E's and again...WHAT a CAR. Feels Perfect as you drive. Strong, Gorgeous, Quiet, reliable, Smooth. E320 is the CLASS Of All Sedans.

BEST CAR IN THE WORLD!!!!!

by Benz's Rule!! from Detroit, Michigan | December 1, 2010

I have just bought a 2002 Mercedes-Benz E430 4 Matic. I bought it with 115,000 miles and it drives like a new car. The elctronics are up to date, and drives like butter. The seats are soooo comfortable. They aren't mushy, but are hard, yet comfortable, so when you take a long car trip, your legs don't ache. My car dosn't even have the comfort seats, so they aren't ventilated, heated, or have the massage feature. The styling on this car is teriffic. I perfer the older E class styling, like the headlights, rather than the new clear, contemporary looking ones. The reliablity is amazing. I didn't want to consider an older car, like anything older than 2006, but when my friend bought one, I drove it and LOVED it. All around this car is awsome. IF YOU ARE IN THE MARKET FOR A NEW CAR, GET A 2002 MERCEDES-BENZ E CLASS. YOU WILL BE GLAD THAT YOU MADE THE RIGHT DECISION. From now on, I will always buy from now on 2000 to 2002 Mercedes-Benz E class. YOU WILL LOVE THIS AMAZING VEHICLE.

2002 Mercedes Benz E320

by BG from Nashville TN | February 25, 2010

Excellent commuter car. Performs very well, up to 32 MPG highway driving can be achieved. Very reliable and safe.

Featured Services for this Mercedes-Benz E-Class