2004 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Available in 8 styles:  2004 Mercedes-Benz E320 4dr AWD Sedan shown

Overall

Good Quality Car

by Northern VA Purchaser from Northern, VA | June 25, 2014

In general, good quality car. interior controls are better laid out than our previous 1999 E320 Wagon.

Its an ok deal but....

by M from | October 13, 2013

This car is ok but the price should be lower. It has some scratches in the paint. The interior is a little worn but ok. The cd player doesn't work and there is a bubble in the passenger side front tire. Other wise its an ok vehicle. Because its priced as is the dealer refused to repair the cd player which could be very costly to repair. The sales staff is very nice though and will work with you the best way possible, just make sure that the vehicle you purchase is completely detailed and everything works before your purchase.

Mercedes E-320 Wagon

by ET from North Carolina | October 4, 2011

I absolultey LOVE my car, it is roomy, classy and luxurious at the same time. It is my 5th Mercedes and a perfect fit for my family...

Pride of Ownership

by Crazy for Mercedes-Benz from Fort Wayne, IN | April 13, 2011

When I purchased my E-Class just 2 months ago as a used vehicle, little apprehensive if it was a good buy or not. In just 2 months, I have had $2,370 in repairs. Fearful of the next big repair. Module in dashboard had to be replaced ($1,500), auxilary battery ($250), lower ball joint ($300), some interior trim ($200) --- diagnostic charges to discover malfunctions ($300). Lots of dependable power under the hood (E-500). Rides smoothly. Interior design is creative and sporty with 2-tone trim and wood accents; leather seats. Roomy enough to transport 3 additional passengers in comfort. Overall exterior design is classy with interesting lines. Stylish rims. Great factory sound system. This is the 5th Benz I have owned! Believe that Mercedes-Benz is one of the most beautiful machines on the road.

I would buy another anytime

by DrPete from Raleigh, NC | November 20, 2010

The performance and styling are flawless. For this particular model there were 3 areas of improvement: (i) location of the navigation/radio system, (ii) a/c and (iii) privacy shades. MB product managers catched-up with those improvements in the later models. This is one of the best cars I have driven over the past 30 years.

Over prize car I owed

by Punchie from Maryland | July 20, 2010

Not reliable and very expensive to maintain. It falls apart after 100K. Dealers over charge for any and all repair. Will not recommend to friend

The most expensive car I've owned

by Lumpy from Florida | March 13, 2010

How can a car that costs $55,000+ be built so terribly? Just for starters the four plastic door locks all broke, I had to replace the cup holder ($100) twice, vanity mirror plastic cover broke ($90), two batteries ($1,00+), power steering pump ($1,000+)and on and on. The electronic system goes out and then miraculously repairs itself and finally, the gas line canister and filter are bad causing my garage to reek of gas when I fill up the car. I just got rid of this lemon and purchased a new Japanese car.

Killer looks for a wagon and yet seats seven.

by Car Nut from Baltimore, MD | August 24, 2008

This Benz is not slouch. If you can get one of these babies in lieu of those gas hog SUV models you are in luck. Good looks, power, comfort and still room for seven. Oh yes, did I forget the great MB safety history. Mine has the keyless power liftgate too. A handy feature when your hands are full of groceries or picking up the little ones. Dump the mine van and get something of value like a used Mercedes Benz Wagon 4Matic

The worst car that I've owned

by sunshinee1 from northridge, ca | March 20, 2007

I purchased (cash) a 2004 E320 wagon brand new for traveling back and forth from California to Arizona. The ride, sound system, and low road noise sold me over. I got it fully loaded with all the bells and whistles. At 309 miles the car cut off and would not restart. I have been having problems with the car cutting off and completely shutting down in route. I have been in intersection, freeways and on small streets when the car will completely shutdown i.e.: engine powerserring gives, engine light appears, starts to shake and smoke, radio, air and lights will die with driving at any speed. My now 8 month old and I have been sitting on the sides of the streets and freeways over 8 times. With the excellent service that mb provides with the vehicle, they ordered a tow truck and provided me with a taxi or car to my destination. My car now has 17,500 miles and has been sitting in the garage since December 06. The car has been in the shop 14 times for the same issue. I contacted MB corporate customer service and asked for someone to contact me regarding my vehicle. No one responded. I called back Jan 8 and spoke to the same rep (male), He was rude and stated that the service manager offered me a 650.00 lease payment for my inconvenience, in which this did not happen. Plus I paid cash for my car. What is 650.00 going to do for me. I told him that my car was a lemon and that I would love to handle this situation out of court and it would be less costly for mb to refund my money than to go into litigation. He would not refer me to anyone, nor did he have any remorse or concern for my situation. I assume he thought I was playing. I hung up and immediately contact an attorney in Glendale CA in which we filed for the lemon law. As of today, mb has agreed to reimbursement me for my vehicle and my attorney fees. I have owned 2 mb. A 2004 s55 and the car reference above. I believe that mb has one of the best service departments within the auto industry. They have the worst customer service when it comes to follow up from the corporate office. I would like to say that I would purchase another vehicle, but this experience will not allow me to even accept a free vehicle.

Everything I every expected and more

by Loving the Benz from Sarasota, FL | January 31, 2007

I love my car, the size, comfort, handling, piece of mind from the reliablility and all the airbags. I will buy another one.

Featured Services for this Mercedes-Benz E-Class