2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Best

by Bart from Brookline, MA | May 22, 2014

I was looking for a white "certified pre-owned" convertible as my 2003 CLK 320 convertible was growing old. I found my perfect choice: 2012 E 350 convertible with 11,000 miles. Perfect condition (as far as I can determine). Beautiful body looks, white with sand interior in excellent condition. Enjoyable driving with excellent acoustics. 23 mph with high test gas. Very nice sales experience.

2012 E350

by 2012 E350 from Houston Texas | December 5, 2013

I recently purchased a 2012 E350 from DeMontrond Auto Group located in North Houston. The car is amazing! It drives and handles well on the road. Loaded with amenities. Great MPGs. The people at DeMontrond were super. Very professional and down to Earth people. I would highly recommend this dealership to anyone looking to purchase a new or used vehicle.

Really great car

by E350 Lover from Chicago, IL | August 11, 2013

This is the one of one of the best cars I have ever purchased!!! I would very much recommend this to a friend, very good reliability,of good build quality, nice mileage it's the full package!!!!!!!! I would buy again.

Great car but misses some marks

by SoFL from Palm Beach FL | April 8, 2013

E350 Sport with P1 and P2 packages, 20" AMG and just about every bell and whistle you can think of. Pros: Style is amazing. I have the Steel Grey and matched up with 20" AMG Split Spoke wheels provides the agressive look I was looking for. Harmon Kardon Audio system offers crisp an clear sound. Enjoyable at any level even with the Pano Roof open. Seats are comfortable and having massage and auto contour seats makes driving really fun. Pano Roof offers tons of sun, and a cool look when open, rear passengers enjoy the view. Split fold down seats are great for lugging 3 sets of golf clubs. Trunk is roomy. Cons: Navigation needs to be ripped out of the car. Asking the system to navigate somewhere can take 15-20 minutes of pure rage. I can ask my phone to navigate somewhere in 20 seconds with 100% precision. Why can't Mercedes figure it out? Back to the drawing board for Navigation. I end up using my phone or portable Garmin instead, which really says it all. The Park, Nutral, Reverse column shift is a bit odd. I forget to put it in park quite often since I used to dive a BMW 5 series with console shifter. It's nice having extra console space but not sure if I can get used to the column shift. The paddle shifters for down/up shifts work good. Don't forget to look at what gear you're in, because you can get into some trouble if you down shift too low. Voice commands and bluetooth audio work well, but no comparison to the quality of the BMW. Handling is not nearly as crisp as the BMW, but I was not expecting it to be. Mercedes are not known for performance/handling like BMW. Overall I like things about the BMW 5 Series and the MB E350. I really like them both very much and glad I've had a chance to own both. Love the styling of the MB E350 and comforts, but miss the performance/handling of the BMW. The E350 offers TONS of bells and whistles. Watch DVD movies on the screen, download CD's to hard drive, bluetooth Pandora is great, and the contour seats with massage is over the top. If you are looking for a stylish executive car with power and comfort, this is the car. If you are looking for performance/handling the BMW 535 is the deal. I just don't like the styling of the BMW. A bit outdated.

Great car if you don't live around potholes

by Army enthusiast from New York | April 8, 2013

We love this car and its got a great ride with speed, comfort and handling. The one pet peeve which is getting expensive is the low profile tires. As we live in the New York area there are storms, snow, etc and heavy weather causes pot holes. In the last 2 months, we have bent 2 rims and have blown 3 tires on moderate to small potholes at low speed. Not a good vehicle for any city area where the city takes time to fix their potholes. IE New York City

impressive

by mercedes owner from alpharetta | December 8, 2012

As impressive as the 1998 e class. Destined to be a classic. And since I have only put 950 miles on it, I haven't really run it yet. Can't wait till I hit 1000 miles. Then we will see what red line is loke.

It's appearance mirrors it's performance!!

by MB from Monroe, Ohio | November 23, 2012

The ultimate driving experience! to drive one while utilizing it's fantastic features is the last word in comfort.

Very Reliable Car!

by Vintage Sports Car Collector from Tiburon,CA | August 26, 2012

Excellent Car in all aspects!!, very good looking, reliable, drives very nice with its 8 engine, very well made.

Quibbles

by Guy from | July 30, 2012

In my previous review, I praised my new 2012 MB E350, but I forgot to include a couple of other minor annoyances. The lack of illumination of the instrument cluster during daytime continues to be a major anoyance. Another annoyance: If the battery in the key fob dies, there is no way to start the car-or none that I am aware of. In my previous car-an Infiniti M35X- there was a port in which to insert the key fob if the battery in the key fob died or just to keep the key out of the way. I wish there were one in the MB. Finally, with sunglasses on, the Parktronic LED's are somewhat dim and those above the rear window are difficult to see.

My new Mercedes Benz

by Guy from East Greenwich, RI | July 27, 2012

I've owned this car for 6 weeks and so far it is the quietest and smoothest car I've ever owned. I have the sports model and I'm not thrilled with the design of the wheels. Also, my wife'car, a 2008 E350, had problems with wheels that easily bent out of shape. Friends with a 2010 E350 had the same problem. My daler said that MB had fixed that problem. Time will tell. My other complaint is that the instrument cluster is not illuminated during daytime, making it difficult to read if driving in shadows or low light levels.