2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Available in 13 styles:  2013 Mercedes-Benz E350 4dr AWD 4MATIC Sedan shown

Overall

Great large sedan

by Stewie Griffin from Seattle, WA | July 27, 2016

I own a 2013 E550 sedan and I love it. Don't get fooled by the bi-turbo V8 and over 400hp, it's not a spots car. It's an amazing, long range, highway cruiser with quick acceleration and range of around 600 miles. The ride is comfortable and not too firm but the seats didn't feel that comfy after sitting in them for 500 miles. Fuel economy isn't good but I'm consistently getting over 28MPG highway while the official EPA rating is only 26MPG. The car is pretty big and feels like it too. Great for transporting multiple people and/or cargo but parking in tight spaces is not great fun. Make sure you get the DISTRONIC adaptive cruise control package. It is an amazing convenience feature it makes long drives much more pleasant. As for reliability, I bought my car used and some parts rattle a bit at highway speeds but the drive train feels rock solid. I've covered over 2k miles so far and you can't really feel that the car already has already done 40k miles before that. One disappointing thing about this car is the entertainment system which feels dated, and in the age of smartphones inadequate. To be fair though, it's not worse than what you'll find anywhere but the newest cars equipped with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. All in all, if you're looking for a luxury car of this size the E class will not disappoint.

A joy to drive!

by 2013 E350 Convertible from Pahrump, NV | February 7, 2016

This is the first Mercedes we have owned. We wanted a convertible that had some trunk space and this seems to be about the largest one around. We just purchased it yesterday with only 22000 miles on it. We both love the comfort, handling, and power from the V-6. Top up the ride is very quiet and top down the air-scarf and the rear wind screen keep the interior comfortable.

'14 E350 Sport Great Car except for.....

by Tom's E350s all sport models'06, '10, current '14 from Rockford, Il | September 7, 2015

Agree with the other reviews but would like to see negatives - if they have any. Mine are primarily 2 and both are very troubling.1), While I like the Nav system in general, the font is so small it's dangerous IMO to try to read while driving whether you are a younger driver or 75 Don't even try in traffic!! My '06 was readable even with a smaller screen. 2) I want to drive in the sport mode ALL the time. That means I must push 2 buttons (ECO and sport mode).EVERY time I start the car or suffer the engine shut off/start that causes a jerky start at stop lights...or be in 7th gear at about 30 mph with NO performance and a down shift usually gets a head-snapping 2nd gear. There might as well be no paddle shift as the transmission control has a mind of its own . On these 2 features my wife's ES350 is superior. Her leather is higher quality too but it's uncomfortable for me and drives like mush.

Enjoying My Benz

by Mercedes Virgin from Phenix City, AL | July 9, 2015

Have owned my E350 for just a few weeks and we're still getting to know each other. A beautiful machine with great features that makes driving a pure pleasure. The responsiveness and handling is awesome. I got a great deal on a low mileage 2013 and am glad I didn't settle for a newer, but less impressive vehicle.

Nice Luxury Car

by MB2013 from 2013 E350 Houston Tx | May 19, 2015

Very nice luxury car. Smooth ride and nicely equiped. Not very economical on gas mileage but it is fun to drive. I previously own a C-class and the E-class is no comparision. Mercedes Benz E-class is 100% more stylish and everything you would expect in a luxury car.

Superior Engineering

by Josef from CA | January 19, 2014

Mercedes still reins in as the best engineered automobiles in the world. A Mercedes is a much better driving automobile than any Lexus I've driven. Though not as dynamically sharp as a BMW, Mercedes Benz vehicles are more comfortable riding than BMW. The only two features that Mercedes could improve upon is the steering which I find a tad too over boosted. Also, the horns aren't loud enough. Mercedes used to use open Hella dual disk horns in their vehicles up until the '90s. The open disk horns are much more audible than the FIAMM brand horns Mercedes uses FIAMM's are used on most American and foreign makes today. I am considering swapping the FIAMM's for Hella units. Otherwise Mercedes has a perfect product.

42 MPG HWY

by MBDiesel from Wilson, NC | September 15, 2013

I have been drivng an e-class diesel since 1998 and considered and drove BMW and others. Glad I bought another diesel from MB. Performance is incredible, especially considering efficiency. Very comfortable car and user friendly interior. Wish the exterior design was more distinctive, but once I got behind the wheel the extra money was a no brainer. I look forward to driving this car.

Second new car ever bought

by Ridgerunner from Florida | June 30, 2013

I had been shopping around for a sports car for about a year. My father has a 1962 Mercedes, and a 1963 XKE that I enjoyed driving. I originally was going to pursue the Jag but a friend of mine had 2 Mercedes in which we shared information. I went and drove the one I have and was sold. The ride was better than the new corvette, little more room than the Jag and is responsive almost comparatively with both the others. It only has a six but is peppy. The options were in line with what I needed and added to my interest in the Mercedes I don't believe I could have made a better choice.

bullet proof

by farmer from kansas | January 22, 2013

Typical German excellence and safety. Perfect dealership attention. No dissapointments however not much different than my 18 yr old S model. Nagging feeling I should have looked at another Lexus for a bit more technology and bells. Dealer gave me $8k off sticker and I got 4 matic

2013 E350 Bluetech

by Lebee from Greensboro, NC | December 26, 2012

I purchased this car in November 2012 and I love it, love it, love it. The turbo diesel is a dream car. It does twice the miles for twice the torque,has higher reliability and maintains its price better than the gasoline E 350. I drove many comparable cars: Lexus, BMW (3, 5 series), Toyota (Camry and new 2013 Avalon) among others. They just do not compare. The E class is solid, firm, and comfort is phenomenal. The car is not cheap, you can buy two cars for the same price that you pay for one E class. However, the enjoyment in driving an E class is worth three other cars. If you are in the market for one, go for it, and enjoy.