Mercedes-Benz focuses largely on road-going manners with its M-Class SUV, but the G-Class is a hard-core off-road machine that comfortably seats five people across two rows. It competes with the Land Rover Range Rover.
New for 2012
A new Edition Select Package offers a few interior and exterior upgrades including side exhaust pipes and silver-colored wheels.
This distinctive SUV's boxy appearance is somewhat softened by body-colored bumpers and rocker panels, plus a stainless steel spare-tire cover. Exterior features include:
- 18-inch twin five-spoke wheels
- Spare wheel cover
- Body-colored door handles
Leather upholstery is complemented by burl walnut or maple wood trim. Standard equipment includes automatic climate control, power windows and locks, DVD navigation, power front seats with three-position memory, and rear parking assistance. Interior features include:
- Standard "mbrace" telematics system
- Rear-passenger reading lamps
- Optional HD radio and real-time traffic info
- Ambient lighting is standard
- Leather dashboard
Under the Hood
Mechanical features include:
- There is one engine and transmission combo for the 382-horsepower V-8 that makes 391 pounds-feet of torque
- Seven-speed automatic transmission
- Standard four-wheel drive
Standard safety features include:
- Antilock brakes with electronic brake-force distribution and brake assist
- Electronic stability system
- Side curtain airbags
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2012 Mercedes-Benz G-Class.