2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class

Available in 3 styles:  2010 Mercedes-Benz GL450 4dr AWD 4MATIC shown

Overall

Great to work with

by automitch from Philadelphia, pa | January 25, 2014

The people here are friendly and well mannered the buyung process was a breeze. The car was in better condition then I thought everything was as discribed. Best service and best price anywhere in the tristate area!! Financing was a breeze !! Definitely recommend this dealer !!

Steve c

by Steve c from Millstone Township, NJ | March 17, 2013

GL450 had 32K miles. We have had it now three weeks and it was a great buy! It is comfortable, runs like new and just cannot say enough. This is our second Cerified pre-Owned Benz and will be buying another in August. Great car! You would never know its nt new!

Well worth it!

by family of four from NJ | March 15, 2013

we are bmw loyalists but finally traded in our x5 for the GL450. all i have to say is....what took us so long?? we still love our bmw cars, but for a truck, the 450 really delivers. the big diff from x5 is comfort and ride. the x5 is extra firm, but handled very well, esp in bad weather. the 450 is larger and therefore handles differently, but the ride is super comfortable and smooth. the air suspension is awesome and the engine shifts gears effortlessly. the interior is great. we paid more to get real leather seating, and its totally worth it. much better feel, in my opinion. and the third row really is roomy and functional, unlike other trucks with their token third rows. we've only had it for a month, so i cant really say anything about reliability or value just yet, but obviously we haven't had a problem. i could go on and on about all of the great things we love about it, but suffice it to say, if we had to do it all over again, we would most certainly purchase the 450. it's performance and ride thus far have totally lived up to our expectations, and have probably gone beyond them. we read the reviews before we purchased, so we're happy to write our own review. hope this helps.

Im in Love

by The Big Guy from Camden, DE | December 19, 2011

Ive been looking at getting a suv for years and finally got the GL450! Its roomy and comfortable enough to fit a big guy like me (6'9" 400lbs) Which is more than I can say for most suvs. Its such a great car in every way. Its beautiful inside and out. They are pricey but I was able to research them and find a great buy.

Surprising Off-roadability

by Heart of the Father from San Diego | July 4, 2011

We purchased this vehicle because of the diesel engine. I am somewhat of a diesel nut. I believe that by virtue of the fact that the engine is diesel, the manufacturer MUST design and build the engine stronger and in reality and statistically, diesel engines outlast gasoline engines. The comfort of this vehicle is astounding; even with some minor off-roading that I do occasionally in the "back roads of Fallbrook California. I usually use my Jeep but when my Jeep broke down, I had to rescue my daughter in the back-roads of Fallbrook with the GL. I was thoroughly impressed! Our GL looked spectacular with mud all over it! This GL truly gets 19-20 mpg in the city and 25.1 on the highway with just 2 passengers and luggage. With 7 passengers and luggage , we still get 24MPG from San Diego to San Francisco; That is better mileage than a most motorcycles! It is surprisingly quiet with just a hint of the "diesel-sound" when it is idling. No "diesel odor" at all. The nav unit stinks. The command system is "blah". Overall the vehicle is wonderful and surprising. We bought it new and we now have 32K miles on it. btw: the Jeep that we have is the GC with the same Mercedes 3.0L diesel engine mated with a Mercedes 5speed auto. The GL comes with a 7speed auto. The Jeep is "torquier" and quicker off the line than the GL but the (white) GL getts much better fuel economy and looks impressive with mud all over it! :-)

It was waisting money for this car.

by TeeShot from Cleveland, Ohio | February 15, 2011

I trade with 2009 BMW X5 to MB GL-350 but it was my biggest mistake in my life. I should go with 2010 X6 instead. There is no doubt to comfort drive and performance but the cost of car is too high for this model. I just paid extra money for the Brand Name. The worst thing is the Command Center. I almost hit the car when I trying to make a phone call using the address from the Command Center. I have to press a lot of keys to find a name. 2007 Acura MDX, 2009 BMW X5, 2010 Infiniti QX56 was my previous cars. These are my rating. 1. 2010 Infiniti QX 56 $58,556 2. 2009 BMW X5 Diesel $56,125 3. 2007 Acura MDX Teck $42,130 4. 2010 MB GL-350 (Demo w/ 10688 miles on it) $68,900 This is first and last Mercedes-Benz.

Overly impressed

by Outdoor Dad from Bay Area, CA | August 5, 2010

We were looking for a 7 seater SUV. One of our top priorities is seating comfort and ease of getting in and out of the third row seats. From our painstaking research, the GL is on top of our short list, along with the Navigator and QX56. We were a little hesitate to pick the GL outright because of its exorbitant price. However, after test drove all three, the GL completely won us over with its riding comfort, and nifty handling. The GL is surprisingly roomy given its relatively small profile compared to other models in its class. We've had the car for a month now, with 1500 miles on it. The good impression still lingers. The GL handles great, especially in tight on-ramp curves. It feels even more grounded than some sedans. It is easy to get in and out of the third row seats. The passenger-side second row seat folds in two-step motion, not the best design out there, but doesn't really bother us. The two third row seats are good size, comfortable, with adequate leg room. We've been taking long trips with adults in the third row seats without any complains. The interior design is elegant with useful and well thought out features. In our limited time, we are not very impressed with the navigation POI search, and I wish the LCD could be a little larger. I can't say much about reliability since we only have it for a month. I give it a two star based on our research. Our GL450 has more than enough power getting off the light and in freeway passing. Braking is silky smooth and powerful. Overall, we are really happy with our choice. We'll keep our fingers crossed for reliability.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Great Vehicle

by GL Enthusiast from Los Angeles, CA | January 16, 2010

Some might consider me crazy, but this is my third GL class (previous models were the 2008 and 2009 model years). This car, by far, is amazing and stylish. Definetely a head turner and is the perfect family SUV. The rear seat entertainment is a must and the LED tail lights are stunning, especially at night. Interior legroom is phenomenal and so is the overall comfort. I have the GL350 BlueTec and I am averaging 25 mpg average. My only concern is the high maintenance costs, but they should not be a problem since I will not need to spend so much money on gas. :)