2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class

16 city / 21–22 hwy

Overall

All good but......

by RogMo46 from Orlando, FL. | May 30, 2014

This is my 3rd MB and I like everything about this vehicle but the gas mileage and the wind noise above 50mph. If you buy a MB you shouldn't complain about the fuel cost but I never expected a vehicle from MB to get into production with the most road wind noise of any vehicle I've owned in the last 20 years. I recommend the GLK but be prepared to have it sound like you are in a windstorm above 50mph.

Great car

by SteveO from new jersey | April 30, 2014

Only problem was my 20 inch wheels with Pirelli tires. The low profile can't handle bumps & potholes. Better to use Toyo tires, which have stronger sidewalls and won't tear easily if you run over a pothole. Harsher ride on the Toyo but at least you won't get stuck.

Good Experience

by YAN from East Lansing,MI | October 21, 2013

It was a good experience, the sellers there are very friendly. Joe helped me when I bought my car, he was very friendly and nice. Overall, that was very good.

The Most Reliable Car I've owned.

by Flash from Middletown, DE | May 23, 2013

The service at KG SUZUKI was great. The staff was Fantastic they know what needed to be done. I got there around 4pm and about an hour and half I was driving my dream car home. If you need a car... a nice car this where to go. The car selection is top of the line, all nice...

LOVE this car!

by GLK lover from erwinna, PA | March 23, 2013

This car is beautiful, elegant, comfortable, indulgent and solid. It has made me love driving again,

BRAVO Mercedes

by Nick-Chicago from Chicago, Il | January 23, 2013

Look out Audi, VW, BMW! Best price of all the German Compact Luxury SUV's. Perfect for a family of 4. Solid build quality and feel, MADE IN GERMANY, is not like BMW, Audi, VW made in by contractors. Comfortable ride. MB is back! Four years and 60k zero problems... I'm thinking this one is going to replace my 25y old 300e.

Love this SUV

by Classy Car Driver from Lakewood Ranch, FL | June 25, 2012

Smoothest car I have ever driven. It has all the extras and I love it! I am now a Mercedes enthusiast!!!

Best All Rounder Ever!

by Million Car Owner from Seattle | May 26, 2012

This car is simply the best all rounder that exists. First of all I am well over 6 feet tall and tried the C-Class first but didn't like having the wheel as high as it would go to avoid my knees hitting it. Also had to lean the seat all the way back as my head hit the roof in its upright position (Same problem in 3 Series and A4). So because I live in the city I tried to avoid the larger SUV's and premium sedans (also I thought it would be nice to pay cash). This led me to the small SUV's. Looked at Lexus RX, X3, and Audi Q5 before the GLK. Ruled out the Lexus because my friend had one and at 15k miles the engine caught fire driving down the freeway all while the temp was normal. Tried the X3 but didn't like the Turbo 4 or 6 and BMW doesn't a non turbo version. Then I learned that BMW doesn't use a primer while painting so I ruled out the X3 right then. Then the Q5 comes standard with a 2.0L turbo and comes with FWD standard. By the time the options are equal the Q5 is at least 5k more and still only has a 3.2 V6 while the GLK has a 3.5. After all of this the Q5 is still just a smaller Q7 while the GLK is its own car not just a smaller version of the larger car. So I still test drove all the cars and the Audi felt cheap like a Touareg or a Tiguan. The Lexus felt like a Toyota with better engine. The Mercedes and BMW both felt about the same but the GLK was more ergonomic inside and the TC was easier to turn off. Better driving experience while still offering a better ride so I bought the GLK with Premium 1, Multimedia and some other options in cash for less than 50k. So now I have had the car for just about 3 years and have put 150k miles on it. 100% PERFECTION!! No mechanical failures great brakes (60-0 in 119ft compared to DMV's 240ft estimate for the average car), a great powerful engine (0-62 in 6.4 seconds) and great traction even with the ESP off (I have a 4 Matic). 7 Speed transmission is great and I love the option to shift the car yourself. I love the Sport button feature very comfortable and easy going acceleration while in comfort and then harder great handling and harder acceleration in sport. The car is also very practical; the back seats fold flat, the cup holders are at different levels so the lids don't pop off your drinks, passenger seat can be put down at the same time as rear seats so you almost have a van, ac is great even when in Death Valley in summer, it has a cooled glovebox that will keep your drinks cold and all the commands can be given by voice controls that always understand you, the sunroof will open and shut with just the press of a button and the sunroof and windows can be open and shut from the outside with the key by holding lock and unlock! The GLK got outstanding safety ratings and has 9 airbags, but still manages about 30mpgs on the highway. If you could only own one car for the rest of your life it would have to be this. To sum up it has comfort, looks, safety, economy, power, handling and east to use controls. I have never been as happy with a car as I have been with this one and I have owned dozens of cars from Japanese compacts to Italian sports cars to American muscle cars, to British Luxury. Nothing compares. Easily the best all-around car ever made anywhere.

2010 Mercedes Benz GLK350

by VeggieCyclist from Cincinnati, Ohio | December 29, 2011

I am 56 y.o. and this is my 1st Mercedes, I wish I had not waited so long. I hope to keep it a long time as any other car would be a let-down after owning this one. I like the small footprint and the large cargo capacity. It is sporty, I tested a C300 and I think this one handled better. The gas mileage is not bad considering it weighs 2 tons, which helps make it feel like a bank vault on wheels, no crosswind wander when driving by semi's in this SUV. The vinyl seats are extremely comfortable as I have driven 12 hours days in it. The power liftgate option is very handy and the dual sunroof option really opens up the interior as mine is black. I get asked about it alot as there are not that many on the road where I live. This is the most comfortable vehicle I have owned and I am very satisfied with my purchase.

2010 Mercedes GLK

by 1st Time GLK Owner from Forney, TX | November 28, 2011

I traded in my Mercedes ML 320 for a 2010 Mercedes GLK. I love the body style and the size. This model has the Command Navigation system and keyless go, which are nice features, and the sound system is awesome. The Mercedes GLK has an issue with wind noise. When you reach 40 mph or higher, you can hear the wind blowing against the roof, or the luggage rack and it makes it difficult to enjoy music. I've noticed complaints from other owners regarding this issue and it appears to be a design flaw. Additionally, I'm constantly thinking one of the windows is cracked because when another vehicle passes, it sounds like a window is cracked open, but it's not. My ML was much quieter. The vehicle handles nicely and has plenty of go. It can get you out of a tight situation quickly. It gets about 20 MPG, and considering its size, you would expect it to get better gas mileage. I love this vehicle, with the exception of the wind noise and road noise and I'm hoping Mercedes fixes this design flaw in the future. If so, I would trade this one in for another. If not, I'd go back to the ML.