Mercedes-Benz entered the small luxury crossover segment in 2010 with the GLK-Class, which seats up to five people in two rows. Offered in GLK350 form with a 3.5-liter V-6 engine and either rear- or all-wheel drive, it features recognizable Mercedes styling cues and available high-tech features.
The GLK350 competes with luxury crossovers like the Audi Q5, Acura RDX and BMW X3.
New for 2012
There are no significant changes for 2012.
With its angular exterior styling, the GLK350 bears a strong resemblance to its big brother, the GL-Class. The GLK350's large front grille is divided by horizontal bars, and in the middle is a large Mercedes three-pointed star. Upright roof pillars make for tall side windows, and the back of the crossover is finished with a liftgate spoiler and twin exhaust outlets. Exterior features include:
- Standard 19-inch alloy wheels
- Optional 20-inch rims
- Optional panoramic moonroof and power liftgate
- Optional adaptive bi-xenon headlights, cornering lights and LED taillights
Models equipped with Mercedes' optional Comand system have a knob controller on the center console that's used to navigate menus on the 7.5-inch dash screen. Among knob-based control systems, Comand's interface is one of the more intuitive ones available. The system's screen can show things like radio station information and map data from the navigation system. For 2012, the media interface moves to the center console. Interior features include:
- Standard simulated leather upholstery
- Optional leather
- Front bucket seats and three-seat rear bench
- Optional "mbrace" communication system
- Real wood and aluminum trim
- Standard dual-zone automatic air conditioning
Under the Hood
The GLK350 is powered by a 3.5-liter V-6 engine that produces 268 horsepower and 258 pounds-feet of torque. Mechanical features include:
- Seven-speed automatic transmission
- Rear- or all-wheel drive
- 3,500-pound maximum towing capacity
Standard safety features include:
- Antilock brakes
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Side curtain airbags
- Knee airbag
- Electronic stability system
- Active head restraints for the front seats
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2012 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class.
Asking Price Range
Asking Price Range