2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class

Available in 3 styles:  2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK350 4dr AWD 4MATIC shown

Overall

Love My GLK

by Disco from Miami | May 1, 2015

Great car so far. Beautiful in styling and performs very well. Many people complain about the rear leg room, but then again it is a compact SUV so it is to be expected. It's only been 2 weeks but I am loving it.

Fussy But Performs

by BZ from Sacramento Valley, California | April 13, 2015

Best Aspects: 1) POWERFUL V-6 engine, strength for days. 2) Solid handling, very flat cornering. 3) Utterly SEAMLESS 7-speed transmission, flawless shifting, good shift points. 3) Quiet interior, slight wind noise over 70mph. 4) Great looks. 5) EVERYTHING is adjustable in some fashion. Moderate Aspects: 1) Rear seat room not the largest. 2) Glovebox too small. 3) Not much interior storage space for driver & passenger. 4) Electronics/COMAND system can be quite fussy. Caveats: this is my first Mercedes. The Teutonic Mind, it turns out, is quite different from the Japanese Mind -- most of my prior vehicles. Some products are inherently intuitive; to me this Mercedes is not. You have to open the books and LEARN the car. Perhaps that's true of ALL new vehicles today. I can finally make all the stuff work but it was a challenge at first. I'm told this is true of all new Mercedes now. WORTH IT? After 17,000 miles, yes, I'd say it is. The car hauls butt, handles well, quiet, little road noise, no maintenance issues. Service isn't cheap. Look, you either want a Mercedes or you don't. After this, would I purchase another? Yes, I would. It's a quality machine, fussy to my mind, but worth it.

update on GLK

by JD from Peterborough, Ontario from | April 11, 2015

Well, after 17000 Km and a very cold winter my GLK still shows remarquable fuel economy: 6.6L/100KM Great in snow (I did buy snow tires). This is really better than I expected.

The diesel that keeps on going

by JD from Peterborough,Ontario | August 8, 2014

Bought this vehicle at 20000 Km. Used it in traffic jams and on the highway on a trip of 1100 km (25%-75%) and used 64 litres of fuel (diesel). I couldn't believe it. This truck has good acceleration for merging or passing, is quite comfortable and has all wheel drive for our winters here up north. All I need to see is how it drives in snow and on ice.

Almost as nice as our MDX for a lot less

by 50 years of cars from Redondo Beach, | June 24, 2014

really nice ride . Not a floater and not hard. Just perfect. would like a little better mileage and to use regular, but it is ok . Quick , agile, goof sounds, great comfort. couldn't get a better ride for the buck.

Top Pick

by Daily BMW Driver from Eastern Shore, MD | February 26, 2014

I decided to write this review because so of the other consumer reviews help me decide to buy. I bought a 2013 GLK Silver with Premium 1 package, heated seats and 4 matic. I do a lot of research before I even test drive. The other cars on my list for reference were the BMW X3 and Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited. I started with many more but that was the final three. The reason I choose the MB is because of the extra towing ability, performance and style. I think BMW went backwards with the 2103-2014 X3, exterior not very apealing and interior bland. This is hard for me to say too, considering I love my bmw. The subaru lacked the towing capacity of the other two and lack luster exterior was a deal breaker. It was however the best bang for buck. Now on to the MB. Pros- MB reliability and comfort, towing, decent fuel consumption, many extras. Cons - like another review mentioned, its odd that items like heated seats and panoramic roofs are optional yet they come standard with paddle shifters, like anyone will ever use them. So if your willing to spend more for options not a deal breaker. Other cons are wind noise at speed, more than you think there should be and smaller rear seat that doesn't recline. Not a rear seat meant for two adults over 5'10". Besides that I love it, but I had to get at least a 2013, the interior styling changes were huge from 2012. When looking take a look at cargo space and sit in the rear seats, could be deal breaker.

Unusual value

by Garcoman from Jacksonville, FL | February 20, 2014

If this was five inches longer & two inches wider, Mercedes would never sell another GL or ML. The same engine as the ML & E class, all new tech, at a price designed to propel sales. Sick with metallic colors. The plain paint colors of white, red & black look respectively like a milk wagon, fire truck and hearse...very weird and not a "Mercedes" finish. The new front grille on the 2013+ models is awesome. The must haves were the premium 1 package with sun roof...and that's it. The 20" wheels look like you're trying too hard to jazz a boxy wagon. The base stereo is extremely good. It's a shame to tie the back-up camera to a multimedia package. I tried the Audi Q3 (bouncy & too much noise) and the BMW X3 ( bland interior and funky stop/start) before going to Mercedes. The linear road grip of this car is invincible with uber power.

Great Car, two small issues

by Ex-BMW Driver from Miami, FL | January 5, 2014

I'm leaving a review because they helped me make my own buying decision. I thoroughly researched al competing SUV's before trading in my 2006 BMW X3 and buying the 2013 GLK. Price was a big factor, as it was a lot less than my 1st choice: the Audi Q5. It is way smoother than my X3, which was fun for the driver but not the shotgun passenger (we named it the vomit seat!). It has beautiful styling inside and out that make me happy every time I look at it. My biggest issue with the car has been it's lurching forward or backward when trying to park at low speeds. The man at the dealership later told me all Mercedes do that, some even more than the GLK. It also has a lot of wind noise on the highway, which seems strange for such a smooth-riging, premium car. But it is what it is. Bluetooth works well as most of the other tech. I do regret not getting parking sensors. I didn't really notice the model I was getting didn't have them til the deal had been cemented. After having them for 7 years on my BMW and my husband's Range Rover Sport, we find ourselves a little dependent on them. Especially when he drives my car on occasion. Gas milage is best on highway, going up to 24mpg on trips, in town only gets about 16mpg or so. Unfortunately that is where eI do most of my driving. I was worried about the big glass sunroof in Miami summers but it hasn't been much more hot in the car than my X3, which had a nice big sunroof, but also a solid cover to keep it the sun out. I was also worried about my big Doberman in the little back, but there is enough room for him too, so it works out well. The size is perfect for me and my husband. Its easy to park in the city and U-turns on a dime! Handling and acceleration is great. We have taken a few road trips with it, including one to Ohio and had a great trip with little to no back pain, something I usually get in our past cars.

safety "standards"

by senior driver from Wisconsin | November 10, 2013

This SUV should come standard with back-up camera and blind-spot warning. Todays driving demands make it unsafe without them for anyone with lax attention or poor head mobility. Mercedes exacts a huge price in option packages to equip the GLK with these safety necessities.

Best Traveling Vehicle I've Owned!

by SUV Lover from Grapevine Texas | November 2, 2013

This car handles like a sports car and rides like a cloud. Just took it on a 1,700 mile trip and couldn't ask for a better performance.