2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class

2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class

Available in 3 styles:  2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK350 4dr AWD 4MATIC shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

The diesel that keeps on going

by JD from Peterborough,Ontario | August 8, 2014

Bought this vehicle at 20000 Km. Used it in traffic jams and on the highway on a trip of 1100 km (25%-75%) and used 64 litres of fuel (diesel). I couldn't believe it. This truck has good acceleration for merging or passing, is quite comfortable and has all wheel drive for our winters here up north. All I need to see is how it drives in snow and on ice.

Almost as nice as our MDX for a lot less

by 50 years of cars from Redondo Beach, | June 24, 2014

really nice ride . Not a floater and not hard. Just perfect. would like a little better mileage and to use regular, but it is ok . Quick , agile, goof sounds, great comfort. couldn't get a better ride for the buck.

Top Pick

by Daily BMW Driver from Eastern Shore, MD | February 26, 2014

I decided to write this review because so of the other consumer reviews help me decide to buy. I bought a 2013 GLK Silver with Premium 1 package, heated seats and 4 matic. I do a lot of research before I even test drive. The other cars on my list for reference were the BMW X3 and Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited. I started with many more but that was the final three. The reason I choose the MB is because of the extra towing ability, performance and style. I think BMW went backwards with the 2103-2014 X3, exterior not very apealing and interior bland. This is hard for me to say too, considering I love my bmw. The subaru lacked the towing capacity of the other two and lack luster exterior was a deal breaker. It was however the best bang for buck. Now on to the MB. Pros- MB reliability and comfort, towing, decent fuel consumption, many extras. Cons - like another review mentioned, its odd that items like heated seats and panoramic roofs are optional yet they come standard with paddle shifters, like anyone will ever use them. So if your willing to spend more for options not a deal breaker. Other cons are wind noise at speed, more than you think there should be and smaller rear seat that doesn't recline. Not a rear seat meant for two adults over 5'10". Besides that I love it, but I had to get at least a 2013, the interior styling changes were huge from 2012. When looking take a look at cargo space and sit in the rear seats, could be deal breaker.

Unusual value

by Garcoman from Jacksonville, FL | February 20, 2014

If this was five inches longer & two inches wider, Mercedes would never sell another GL or ML. The same engine as the ML & E class, all new tech, at a price designed to propel sales. Sick with metallic colors. The plain paint colors of white, red & black look respectively like a milk wagon, fire truck and hearse...very weird and not a "Mercedes" finish. The new front grille on the 2013+ models is awesome. The must haves were the premium 1 package with sun roof...and that's it. The 20" wheels look like you're trying too hard to jazz a boxy wagon. The base stereo is extremely good. It's a shame to tie the back-up camera to a multimedia package. I tried the Audi Q3 (bouncy & too much noise) and the BMW X3 ( bland interior and funky stop/start) before going to Mercedes. The linear road grip of this car is invincible with uber power.

Great Car, two small issues

by Ex-BMW Driver from Miami, FL | January 5, 2014

I'm leaving a review because they helped me make my own buying decision. I thoroughly researched al competing SUV's before trading in my 2006 BMW X3 and buying the 2013 GLK. Price was a big factor, as it was a lot less than my 1st choice: the Audi Q5. It is way smoother than my X3, which was fun for the driver but not the shotgun passenger (we named it the vomit seat!). It has beautiful styling inside and out that make me happy every time I look at it. My biggest issue with the car has been it's lurching forward or backward when trying to park at low speeds. The man at the dealership later told me all Mercedes do that, some even more than the GLK. It also has a lot of wind noise on the highway, which seems strange for such a smooth-riging, premium car. But it is what it is. Bluetooth works well as most of the other tech. I do regret not getting parking sensors. I didn't really notice the model I was getting didn't have them til the deal had been cemented. After having them for 7 years on my BMW and my husband's Range Rover Sport, we find ourselves a little dependent on them. Especially when he drives my car on occasion. Gas milage is best on highway, going up to 24mpg on trips, in town only gets about 16mpg or so. Unfortunately that is where eI do most of my driving. I was worried about the big glass sunroof in Miami summers but it hasn't been much more hot in the car than my X3, which had a nice big sunroof, but also a solid cover to keep it the sun out. I was also worried about my big Doberman in the little back, but there is enough room for him too, so it works out well. The size is perfect for me and my husband. Its easy to park in the city and U-turns on a dime! Handling and acceleration is great. We have taken a few road trips with it, including one to Ohio and had a great trip with little to no back pain, something I usually get in our past cars.

safety "standards"

by senior driver from Wisconsin | November 10, 2013

This SUV should come standard with back-up camera and blind-spot warning. Todays driving demands make it unsafe without them for anyone with lax attention or poor head mobility. Mercedes exacts a huge price in option packages to equip the GLK with these safety necessities.

Best Traveling Vehicle I've Owned!

by SUV Lover from Grapevine Texas | November 2, 2013

This car handles like a sports car and rides like a cloud. Just took it on a 1,700 mile trip and couldn't ask for a better performance.

First SUV Mercedes Happy Owner

by Happy Driver from Beckley, WV | October 8, 2013

We've always owned Audis. We wanted a small crossover SUV with style. We still like our Audi; however, we are definitely enjoying this new car. Mercedes sales in Hagerstown, Maryland was outstanding with every detail of our purchase. Other reviewers mentioned the Economy button and the whole system of having the car shut off every time you stop. Many said that if it were annoying just hit the button and disable the economy switch.... It's annoying!!!!! I would recommend this car. I wish it did not have the Economy system. I'm happy with everything else.

Great handling car

by Annapolis Cruisers with Canine from Crownsville, MD | September 25, 2013

Bought mine new about 4 wks ago. It's sporty and lots of fun to drive. It drives more like a car since it is a small SUV built on a C class chassis. We're empty nesters so we bought it to crate our dog in the back. The crate fits nicely. It drinks a bit more than my older E class but I guess that's due to its size. I do like the ECON mode to help save gas and the backup camera and navigation do their jobs. Very reasonably priced too!

German appreciation

by Benzreborn from West Lafayette, IN | September 19, 2013

As a child, I gained an early appreciation for German engineering sitting in the passenger seat of my father's Porsche. Called to be a soccer mom/coach for 20+ years for 4 children, I was resigned to driving through the lifetime of two vans. After a year of shopping for a downsized, environmentally friendly SUV that I wasn't just settling for, but would enjoy for many years to come, I found the solution in the 2013 Benz GLK 250 Bluetec. What performance! Every drive is a delight- even though I am still a soccer mom transporting one more fledgling with sweaty cleats. At a price that competes with a touring Odyssey or decked out Ford Edge - the Benz 250 GLK is a stunning, eco friendly, powerful, sexy sports truck!