1998 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

17 city / 21 hwy

Overall

Was a rider

by nell from washington ,DC | September 27, 2012

Bought this vehicle with 128,000 on dash got rid of it at 142,000.. very well truck only did oil change, ride was very bumpy i got rid of it because the Cadillac converter went out and did not want to fix it.. very good overall... repairs are expensive... oil change is 100... so think about the price you paying compare to the competition and maintenance

Best dependable car for the dollar

by sheialex from gainesville, FL | September 22, 2011

This car is excllent for children who need a full view from the back seat. Hauling groceries, luggage, cargo and other things you must keep out of the weather is a pleasure with this car. My four wheel drive makes it a piece a cake to leave the road and endure mud and high water. Super vehicle! Great on gas! An interstate dream!

Tremendous value in used SUV

by Jim B. from Salt Lake City, Ut | July 29, 2010

I've owned an identical car for the past five years. It had 136K miles when I bought it and 202K now. Repairs have been modest, parts are expensive but I have a good mechanic who keeps it to a minimum. It is tight, reasonably quiet and solid on the road. Full time 4-wheel drive is amazing in the snow and in everyday handling. The finish of this car is gorgeous. (original) Ten minutes at the car wash and it is like new. I totally recommend the 1998 M-class MB.

Trading Down

by NoCarPayment from Indianapolis, IN | March 23, 2010

The end of my car lease was coming up and I made up my mind that I didn't want any more car payments. So I took my savings and went searching for the best car I could find for $5000 or less. This is what I came up with and I'm pretty satisfied. There are a couple of problems with it but given the age, that's to be expected. The one thing I would caution anyone about who was considering the vehicle? Make sure you can deal with the poor cup holder situation.

Featured Services for this Mercedes-Benz M-Class