2001 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

Available in 3 styles:  2001 Mercedes-Benz ML320 4dr AWD shown

Overall

Awesome Benz !!

by Long time Benz Owner from Tennessee | October 27, 2013

I bought this car new and just traded it in with 152,567 miles. Overall the car was great, and I would say I was "ok" when it came to service. In my time of ownership I had to make the following repairs. A new MAF around 75K, Two steering pumps 80K and 100K , the first one was not put in correctly. Tie rods at 90K, Cad converters at 120K. It was a great family car !!

former owner

by melissa from Phx, Az | October 28, 2012

Like all German products I've owned the maintenance is costly and best done by a professional that works on German products. Door locks are a common problem as well as lock sensor in the suv going out. 850.00 for a power steering pump replacement was a shocker. Yes I can confirm premium fuel is needed or don't expect a smooth running vehicle. I drove and paid the avg 3000.00 yr to keep in on the road price for 3 years. Really should consider the monthly cost of owning something under warranty or purchase one when buying this old one.

bought a 2001 ml430 in oct 2011

by brian from state college pennsylvania | December 26, 2011

has 120,000 miles on her. paid $7,000.00 for it. this vehicle has tuns of power. Transmission is still very smooth. love the slap stick for shifting if needed. This vehicle is solid. Uses a court of oil every 1500 miles. I put a $1,000.00 into the vehicle when i purchased her, and so far very reliable. For ten years old. nice vehicle.

Wonderful SUV

by Lavern from Lithonia, GA | November 28, 2011

I just so love this vehicle. I will always buy a Mercedes. My previous vehicle is a BMW and as of now, I will never buy anything else but a Mercedes.

Its a Really Amazing Car

by New Car Every Year from Chicago, IL | November 10, 2010

Alright so my dad bought this car for my mom about 4 years ago with only 16k miles on it. And this car is truly amazing. First lets get the bad news outta the way, Its got really poor gas mileage, not comfortable on the pavement, and burns oil like its owner is a Saudi prince(not to be taken offensively my parents are from UAE) Pros? this car has the best tranny in the world it kicks down right away and and the engine is powerful and sounds amazing in the high rpm range. Also this car has the best interior ever. Soft touch plastic and leather. LOVE IT. Its a BENZ!!!

most reliable car i have driven in 16 years

by ken from oakland | April 6, 2010

bought the car with 70.000 miles on it , and drove it now for 4 years an other 90.000 miles , and guess what , no major repairs just tires , a steering fluid leak and thats it i hope my next one will be as reliable as this one actually i think its pretty unbelievable , that this car that i drive really ruf every single day ,never brakes down , no electronic problems nothing

DO NOT MAKE THIS MISTAKE

by Teen Driver from Glenview, IL | January 23, 2010

My mom bought this car 10 years ago brand new. SInce about 6 years ago it has been to the dealer at least 10 times a year (not an exaggeration). Cons: -Incredibly frequent and expensive repairs. -Oil needed to be changed 2 times within 3 months -Battery had to be replaced -The 6 disc cd-changer was removed because it was draining the batteries power even when the car was off the dealer said to put in a working one would be $3000 -The dealer says we absolutely have to use premium and given the cars abhorrent gas mileage you are wasting lots of money -The stereo cause the plastic to rattle whenever you are listening to music with any kind of bass -The tires have had to be realigned several times. -The paint comes off incredibly easy if something so much as touches the car you are looking at long white streaks where the paint used to be. -Expensive repairs even though its 10 years old. Today we payed $233 for a repair because we needed a new oil filter. -You feel anything you drive over -Very noisy inside for a "luxury" vehicle -Compared to current vehicles this car is a slug -The car has actually turned off while on the road at 45mph -With the cost of repairs over a 10 year period you are looking at the same price as buying 2 brand well equipped suv's of the same size (with even more features than this car) and still saving some money. -The material on the dash board gets very ugly lines through it if the sun shines into the car and they cannot be removed. Makes it slightly discolored and ugly. -All of these problems occur even though it took my mom more than 10 years to get a 100,000 miles on the car. And the problems start with about 25000-40000 miles Pros: -Stylish -Comfortable interior even with poor ride quality -Good Handling -You can say that you own a mercedes -Relatively safe in the snow -Good size so its easier to park -Interior actually looks nice. -Amazing storage space. Bottom Line: Maybe it was just my moms car (which is sadly now mine) but this is the most unreliable car you can possibly buy. If you want a car that you can tell people you have but you don't have any plans to drive it than maybe this is your route but other than that do not make this mistake. Insanely high sticker price to begin with and it only gets worse with time

Most Problematic Car

by Not Thrilled from Pleasanton, CA | July 2, 2009

We have owned this car for 4 years, and we are not thrilled with the amount of repairs. Sure we bought the car 3 years used, but our first trip to the dealer for service, I was alarmed at the amount of pages that printed out for the service history. Since then the dealer has avoided giving us a copy, and we have had to repair things repeatedly (window controller) and the exterior paint along the back door is chipping away... I have seen it on many of the same models that are in parking lots. This is the one car I regret buying.

I'd buy this car again!

by Cool Mom from Clovis, Ca | June 4, 2007

This is a very stylish and powerful vehicle! I've always been very satisfied with this SUV and would buy it again. I've received stares and compliments from both men and women about my car. Very roomie without feeling like you're driving a bus.

my dream car

by benz gyrl from La dera heights, Ca | April 23, 2007

The car is exactly what I thought it would be.This is the greatest car I ever had.I have not had any problems out of this car.

Featured Services for this Mercedes-Benz M-Class