2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

Available in 4 styles:  2003 Mercedes-Benz ML320 4dr AWD shown

Overall

No major complaints at 113k and climbing

by ml320 from NY | July 16, 2012

purchased my '03 ml320 two years ago. I have always owned either trailblazers or japanese suv's. I have put significant mileage on this vehicle and no mechanical complaints. Maintenance is pricey but i was aware going in. Two minor issues: the truck burns oil, never a leak(no big deal i guess), second issue is that i have never been able to firm up the brakes. Too much play when the pedal is depressed. Otherwise all good

Much better than the critic's ratings

by 2010mini from wake forest nc | March 28, 2012

We purchased the ML new 12/2002. Other than routine maintenance there have been few issues, and nothing that would not be typical of any 9+ year old vehicle. Snow traction is excellent. 11/2005 we were in Pittsburgh when a Camaro driver decided to turn into the left-rear of the truck. The Camaro was turning across traffic and hit us at about 25 mph. The ML shuddered when hit. When we saw the damage to the Camaro (front end gone-undriveable) we assumed the worst for the ML. The alloy wheel was scratched and a rear quarter panel damaged. If you didn't know it had been hit would wouldn't have noticed the damage. The truck drove the same after the wreck as before. Highly recommended for safety and much more reliable than we had heard.

Good car after all this time

by rugosports from Philadelphia, pa | February 16, 2012

I've had my ML320 for 9 yrs and I still love it - this is my first Mercedes and it's worth it. Up keep is a little expense but I guess that's the price you pay for owning a Mecrcedes

Very Safe SUV

by Car enthusiast from Annapolis,MD | December 20, 2011

My sons came out of an bad accident completely unharmed. And the ML was running great with 155,000 on in.

ML 500

by Average Guy from Sacramento, California | January 29, 2011

My ML 500 has a ton of pep, looks very sporty, and is responsive on the road. It is priced much lower than the other vehicles in the ML Class ... which has never made sense to me. If you want a great looking Mercedes at a reasonable price you should definately check out the ML 500.

Luxury with flexiblity, but loves gas

by bingo from Charlotte, NC | December 3, 2009

If you need a vehicle with style with flexiblity for truck space sometimes and haul passengers other times, this one is for you. Good exterior looks and nice leather seats. Really good handling, has the power when you need it, and brakes well. I feel very safe in the vehicle since the frame is made of heavy metal. Even though this SUV is shorter than others, the back seats not only fold down, but also decline so there is more vertical truck space. But...Guzzles gas (~13 mpg) and needs premium fuel. This vehicle is on a truck chasis so the ride is a little on the rougher side, not what you would expect from a MB. Transmission feels a little weird going from 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 1st during 90 degree turns, maybe it's just my vehicle. Overall, I would recommend this vehicle. Great value for a MB.

Satisfied with quality, performance

by The Phantom from Greenville sc | June 9, 2009

I purchased my ML350 new and have enjoyed the luxury ride and handling of advanced German engineering. I purchased the"inspiration edition" for the unique added value and special options. I have had no problems with performance and would purchase again in the future. Lots of room for camping or just picking up various purchases. Picture attached to show room.

pretty good bang for the buck

by every day guy from los angeles,ca. | March 21, 2007

it drives and runs effortlessly, awesome power when you put your foot down!!!navigation is somewhat tricky to use,make sure veh. comes with nav.dvd!very xpensive to buy one. otherwise this vehicle is a great ride and will get you to your location fast and in style!!!

I bought a pre-owned '03 350ml about 5 mo ago

by cy from Cols, GA | February 19, 2007

Not as pleasant ride as my MB sedan; but for a SUV it's very good; Since this car has only 35K miles, it's hard to give a thorough review but so far (kknock on wood) I have not noticed any loss of oil or leaks; it's power performance is really great; not too comforting when is windy & or bumpy roads.

Perfect SUV

by Marian from Milwaukee | June 23, 2006

We had the ML for over 3 years and I must say: we absolutely love it! Mechanicaly perfect, nothing ever went wrong with it, in winter performend like a charm and in summer was really a joy to ride. It is fast, comfortable, safe and practical. And now we will get another one but this time the 2007 ML320 CDI.

Featured Services for this Mercedes-Benz M-Class