2006 Mercedes-Benz R-Class

Available in 2 styles:  2006 Mercedes-Benz R350 4dr AWD shown

Overall

Awesomest 3rd row

by Family man from Minneapolis, MN | April 3, 2014

We were shopping for a car that could fit 4-5 adults but didn't care for a Minivan. None of the SUVs we tried had a 3rd row designed for an adult. In the R class I can sit comfortably in the third row and I'm 6ft tall. In addition the panoramic sunroof is unbelievable for the 3rd row passenger. We got a great deal on the used car and look forward to taking on some great road trips this summer!

TRUE LEMON

by CHRISTINA K. from LOUISVILLE , KY | November 29, 2013

I'VE ONLY HAD MY R350 FOR 13 MONTHS AND IT HAS BEEN IN THE SHOP MORE THAN IT HAS BEEN IN MY GARAGE. THERE HAS ALREADY BEEN $12'000 DOLLARS IN REPAIRS DONE TO MY CAR, FROM THE BALANCE SHAFT, REAR AIR RIDE SUSPENSION, POWER STEARING PUMP,CAM SHAFT, SINGLE LIGHTS CONSTANTLY NEEDING TO BE CHANGED, BREAKS, ROTORS, CADILLAC CONVERTERS, TO NAME A FEW. NOT TO MENTION TAFEL MOTORS IN LOUISVILLE KY SAID THAT MY MOTOR ON MY AIR RIDE WILL BE GOING OUT SOON. YOU WOULD THINK HEY WHY GET RID OF IT NOW BECAUSE ITS ALMOST A REBUIT CAR. BUT OH NO THERE IS SO MUCH MORE THAT CAN GO WRONG WITH THE CAR, I HAVE NO DOUBT IN MY MIND. SO MY ADVICE TO YOU IS NEVER BUY A R350 THE MERCEDES DEALERSHIP WILL NOT EVEN SELL THESE CARS ANYMORE DUE TO ALL THE TROUBLE THEY HAVE, SO I WONDER WHY JAMES MOTOR COMPANY IN LEXINGTON, KY WOULD HAVE SOLD THIS LEMON TO ME. I'M JUST SAYING. WE HAVE TO HAVE SOME TYPE OF RIGHTS, THAT CAN BACK CUSTOMERS WHEN THEY PURCHASE LEMONS.

Love this car

by HippieAnnie from Kansas City | January 24, 2013

We have our 2006 R-350 for 3 1/2 years have had no big issues at all it rides and drives great. It is very nice to have additional seating when family come to visit. We drive quite a bit on the hwy and it averages 22-24 mpg. Which we don't think is too bad. We have 76000 miles on it and plan keeping it for some time.

least reliable

by bobo from las vegas, nv | January 23, 2013

Do not buy, stay away, not reliable. to expensive to fix. Break down often. only gives you aroun 12-14 miles per gallon aroung town

Very disappointed in my 1st Mercedes

by Jim from Vt and Fl | September 10, 2012

Have owned 6 Lexus, 3 Infinitis and an Acura MDX. Mercedes quality and features are sub par to all of them. Likes: stabile high speed driving, 7 speed auto trans, fuel economy and sound system. Dislikes: poor interior design, $56k vehicle without memory seats or leather, very poor low beam headlights, maddening computer, replaced noisy ac pulley 3 times, very poor resale value, rattles and squeaks at 20k miles.

Excellent family car

by Car lover from Honolulu Hawaii | August 15, 2012

I bought this 06 R500 used w/ only 10k miles in 2010. It has been 2 years, and knock on wood, it has no problem at all. I take my car to a local Mercedes specialist for annual maintenance. Excellent ride and comfort. Honda and Toyota can't even compare with it.

Nice Benz For The Price

by What are the naysayers talking about? from Sioux Falls, SD | April 11, 2012

If you are going to get a Benz for around 20k that listed new for $50k+, you are going to have to expect that the occasional problem is going to pop up and absorb it as cost of ownership. Yes, I had some airmatic issues that ran some bucks, but overall would recommend this vehicle as a luxurious, comfortable, competent daily driver and trip crossover. I suppose like with any cars, there are some bad ones in the bunch, but don't discount this model entirely, as I had an overall great experience.

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!

by john from | March 1, 2012

people do not buy this car. the car is in very bad condition, there is noise coming from everywhere. if the dealer people will you that everything is ok with the car they are lying.

Looks good so far

by Raghu from San Jose, CA | December 26, 2011

It's been about 3 months that we bought this 2006 R350. Great size but not a boat like Odyssey or Sienna, perfect acceleration for the size, interior appointments are upto the mark of a Benz. Very silent compared to my Infiniti I30. Got a pretty good deal too !

Not Reliable!

by Renato from Orlando | November 19, 2011

If you want this car... Buy it new or get away. In one year I had many problems, from electronics to mechanic. I've spent a lot to get this vehicle safe and working and even the Mercedes dealer gave a hard time. The light became bad and they said that a upgrade needed to be done. So I argue that it was a recall and they refuse it and charge me almost $500 to fix. 6 months later the same problem came back. After many other issues I got tired and trade it for a 2011 Mazda CX-9 nice car, reliable and fun to drive. The 3.5L engine of the R-350 is too small for the car. You have really to kick down in some everyday situations in the traffic. The front column is kind of low too and I bump my head every time I get in and out of the vehicle. The controls behind the wheel are confuse and not well positioned. Every time I tried to turn the entering light on I turn on the cruise control. The good thing is the interior finish. Well, that's a Mercedes and has to be nice finished! If you buy it used, get it certified and in the 36 months factory warranty or expect big money for the maintenance. Some problems I had: power door lock, lights, engine valve, power sterling leak...

Featured Services for this Mercedes-Benz R-Class