2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class

2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class
Available in 4 styles:  2007 Mercedes-Benz R350 4dr AWD 4MATIC shown

Overall

Love the car but hate the reliability and repairs

by NEVER ANOTHER MERCEDES from New Jersey | June 13, 2014

We have owned this car since buying it new in 2007. We have the R320CDI, which is the diesel engine. First of all the positive - we love the handling of this vehicle as compared to any SUV out there. The interior is also very nice with tons of second row space. The A/C, stereo, navigation, etc are all excellent (when they work). Problems we have had with the car and approximate costs to fix have been: - Had to have engine gaskets replaced due to leaking oil (under warranty) - Command center (radio/navigation) failed (1200 dollars) - Sensors in exhaust (800 dollars) - Air suspension failed (1200 dollars) - Rattling noise in header (wanted 1500 to 2000 dollars to diagnose and fix) - still rattling because I refuse to pay for this - Molding falling off of car (wanted 500 dollars) - refused to fix - Rear seatbelt no longer locking (750 dollars) - Replace main battery, which is not easy to replace yourself because it is under the passenger seat (500 dollars!!!!) - roof rack lock - no longer functioning - 300 dollars - leak in front light assembly - 800 dollars - etc. etc. etc. Mercedes should fix a lot of these things beyond 50,000 miles but they do not.

Now a mercedes fan

by 1st mercedes from New York | May 26, 2014

Ok I had my R350 for 2 years now, I just recently got it out of the shop for a $10,000 repair. Cam shaft, transmission solenoid and intake replacement and some other stuff. Now I'm scared to death of seeing the check engine light come on!......all I can say about that is , don't even think about buying a mercedes without a warranty .....with that said"....the R350 is the most comfortable vehicle on the road. The fit and feel is way better than BMW or any other luxury car for that matter. It is very thirsty riding around town but for long trips I can't imagine riding in anything else. Bottom line ....the R350 is expensive , but worth it!

Great Car and Deal

by Jeff from Nesbit, MS | September 20, 2013

I use Cars.com because of the easy to use format and the way I am always able to find what I'm searching for. I've wanted a Mercedes R Class since they came out. I don't understand why they have been discontinued, however, corporate decisions-they didn't ask me!! Thanks Cars.com for bringing car and me together!!!!!!

Awesome Car

by Family Guy from Dallas | September 20, 2013

My wife and I absolutely love this car, and would recommend it to anyone! I like the body style and the interior luxury.

Luxurious and no soccer mom status

by Crown City Twins Mama from Coronado, CA | March 18, 2012

I am not a huge fan of minivans or SUVs. Rather, I like some luxury in my ride & prefer cards like the CLS 550. The R350 has it all; lines and luxury. Oh, and the room! So much cargo space I can carry my twin stroller, groceries, and many other things. Perfect high end crossover without the "mommy car" feel.

Great value used buy

by City Place from West Palm BEach | September 12, 2010

Based on GL platform, it is spacious and comfortable. Lower center of gravity helps around the corners compared to an average SUV. Unique in it's class. Depreciate too fast when purchased brand new...

Great ride hidden by an edgy look

by MB enthusiast from CT | August 23, 2010

Bought a 2007 R350 used, after getting rid of an ML 320 bought new in 2002. The ML was great but I sucumbed to a smaller vehicle (Nissan Rogue)because of the fuel mileage (14 city/ 19 hwy). Rogue was a big mistake. The tradeoff for the gas mileage didn't work because the Rogue was too small and uncomfortable to boot. The R class is definatly a sleeper. Great ride due to the long wheel base and rear air suspension, still handles well though. Gas mileage is an acceptable 17 city/ 23 hwy. If the repair record is as good or hopefully better than the ML, this is a keeper. The styling takes a little getting used to but it does grow on you especially if you need the room or want to be comfortable. You can drive this puppy for 16 - 20 hours and get out feeling like it was a trip around the block.

Family car with style and comfort

by DBI from Madison, WI (And Florida) | July 20, 2009

I love our R500, it is the best ride I have ever had, however the kids always falls asleep in the back because it is so comfy. We have been on long road trips and it seems like the driver doesn't get tired at all - no noise, no vibrations, the heater and aircon is perfect - and the 8 cyl engine is fantastic. It handles like a sports sedan and is easy in traffic, We all love the ride !!!

Smooth Ride with 6 Passenger

by Tom from Chicago | December 22, 2008

Love the comfort of seating 6 adults comfortably. The ride is smooth. The for wheel traction on snow roads is excellent. Great milleage on Hwy, gives me 24m/gal Hwy.

Loves MB

by KG1 from Louisville, KY | January 25, 2008

I purchased a 2007 R320CDI (diesel) for my wife last summer and found that MB truly makes one of the best diesel engines on the market. This vehilce is surprisingly quick for its size. I think the diesel is faster off the line than the R350. The overall fit and finish are excellent. The only change I'd make is to increase the size of the fuel tank to 24-25 gallons -- this would make the R-class the best sports touring vehicle period.

Featured Services for this Mercedes-Benz R-Class