2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class

Available in 3 styles:  2008 Mercedes-Benz R350 4dr AWD 4MATIC shown

Overall

Great car

by mrg from Jackson, MS | April 14, 2014

We were a little hesitant about buying this car after reading a few of the reviews in the R350 but the test drive and a review of the service record were great so we moved ahead and had it checked out. No issues and I can't think of a nicer car that I have ever owned for comfort, performance, or value. The cabin of the vehicle is designed to be a people mover and it does that better than any vehicle. We have recently owned or still have a T&C minivan, an Excursion, and a suburban. even though they all do an excellent job, the R500 is our preference. What was MB thinking when they discontinued them?

A car for everyone

by Just Love Cars from San Francisco, NY | December 3, 2012

We absolutely love this car. It's the most bang you'll get for you bucks. This car is perfect for everyday from going to work, meetings, pickup/drop off, to family events. It's spacious interior and stylish exterior won us over. I would highly recommend this car to everyone, especially to families. It's a great car to keep!

R class rules!

by scottst from Atherton CA | September 24, 2012

R class is a wagon, it's (not) a minivan, it's a limo. Super comfortable, great seating all around, no sliding doors and Americans can't figure it out. That's why they are cheap and discontinued by Mercedes for USA. But still Built in Alabama for the world. You get a Mercedes Benz that is longer, lower and wider than an SUV. These are all things you want in a vehicle. It can seat 7 in comfort, three couples and a driver. It's our party machine. It's the car you want if you are sometimes going to be driven. It's a great hauler, somewhere between a 5 series wagon and a Sprinter. In Europe they have the Vito. Here we have the R Class. Well, we did anyway. We love this Mercedes!

R350 was the best choice

by MiniVanMegaFun from Boone, NC | August 24, 2011

We live in an area that gets lots of snow, and we have 3 kids in car seats, so we needed an AWD 7-passenger vehicle. We chose the R350 because, unlike most mid-sized SUVs, actual humans can ride in the back seats. It's roomy back there. And, while it is a bit of a guzzler, it gets better MPG than most SUVs too (21 mpg on the highway so far). We also considered minivans, but really the Toyota Sienna AWD was the only choice since most minis aren't AWD. The Sienna was functional, but the Mercedes is way more stylish and comparably prices. We have not regretted our purchase one bit!

Dads limo

by R Class fan from Arizona | May 24, 2011

I purchased the R Class after looking for vehicle that had a useable third row without being a huge SUV. Now the R Class is no tiny car, it easily accommodates 6 adults in comfort, but I also turns on a dime and fits in my garage nicely. The gas mileage was a pleasant surprise at about 19 mpg in the city and about 26-28 mpg on the highway. I would buy one of these all over again. The ride is smooth and the interior is spacious and comfortable. The MB Tex leather cleans up with windex, so it's perfect for kids too!

very comfortable

by mercedes man from new jersey | April 28, 2011

Three members of my family have R-Class now. The all love the car and would buy one again. The children love the space.

Pretty Satisfying

by The Family Car from Franklin Square, NY | December 28, 2010

The car is definitely a beautiful, and does live up to the standards of a Mercedes. The panaromic roof is amazing, and the all wheel drive is definitely good for the snow (have had first-hand experience). Compared to my previous car (Nissan Quest), it has less interior space, and can be tiring after a while. Regardless, it is definitely a great car for a small family. The luggage space is also a problem. If the rear seats are up, you do not have much space to place anything but 2 or three duffel bags. However, with the rear seats down, you have an ample amount of space.

An Exceptional vehicle

by Dave A from Laurel,MD | October 24, 2010

We purchased our R320 CDI new and it has been the most comfortable, luxurious and reliable Mercedes we have ever owned. Mile after mile is enjoyed with pleasure. I would recommend this vehicle for the person who does not want to drive a mini van or big gas guzzling SUV. It oozes class and is surefooted in the snow

Best car that I have ever owned

by youngblood from Kansas City, MO | August 20, 2010

We travel about 400 miles each weekend going back and forth to the lake where we keep a boat. This car is the best road vehicle I have ever owned. I traded a volvo cross county wagon that we loved for this car and find the R350 comfort and performance far superior.

This the the BEST FAMILY Lux Car!

by picky mother of 3 from pennsylvania | October 10, 2008

I have owned 7 Lux. cars and suv's over the last 10 years and this is by FAR the best one. I will be leasing another one at the end of this lease. My family fits comfortably in this and the car has NEVER had an issue as lots of other pricey cars usually do with all the gadgets, electronics, etc. May not be my favorite looking car, but it's looks do not matter as much as everything else it has. Definetly consider trying this out with your family on a road trip before buying another luxury car and I guarantee you will not be disapointed.