2008 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

See Photos & Videos

Overall

S63 amg

by Ukos from Roseville ca | June 15, 2013

The s63 AMG is the best car,performance, comfort ,Exterior styling, interior design , comfort and the best it's a exhaust sound

Great experience

by Mercedes buyer from Rutherford, NJ | March 19, 2013

After shopping for a Mercedes for couple weeks they help me to get approved , even my credit is not too good the make a miracle...lol thanks , will send my friends there for sure.

Most comfortable car I've driven

by Car nut from Boston | December 20, 2011

I had a BMW 750LI previously and this is a better car. The BMW handled better in the turns, but that's the only area where the S-Class gets a lower grade.

Best bang for $ ever

by Eye Guy from Nashville | March 4, 2011

We got a great value, <3,000 miles 2008 top of the line, ~57% of original cost. My wife's favorite car ever.

get in if you can

by Screwdriver from Baltimore, MD | November 22, 2010

I purchased the S63, after owning the CLS55. Once you've owned an AMG, it hard purchasing anything less. The S63 is well built and full of power. Frequent stops at the gas station is worth driving ever gallon to empty. The price of this machine is hefty, but you don't have to see others driving ypu twin vehicle everyday (or every week for that matter). Am I glad to have this vehicle, you darn skippy.

Intuitive NOT

by Clarity First from New Orleans, La | November 7, 2010

Mercedes has no idea what "intuitive" means. Its Navigation system is nothing short of silly and unsafe. Its "miles to next turn" or "miles to final destination" is under the odometer instead of on the nav screen like most others. It's also not viewable unless you remove some other data (like tire PSI, radio info etc) to see it - an "either/or" scenario instead of both. Also, its parking sensors work bassackwards, meaning instead of an audible alert as you get too close to an object, you have to take your eyes off (parking for example) to look at the VISUAL indicator instead of an audible alert to guide you without taking your eyes off what you are doing - duh - as the audible does not come on till nearly too late. Safety is compromised by having the Nav combined with the Ipod, which forces you to go thru menu option after menu option after menu option to do something, rather than straight-forward selections. The whole world is moving to touch screens in phones and touch screen Navs are far easier and safer than Ipod menu selections buried deep in multiple commands that require you to take your eyes off the road. Hello, Mercedes, just how SAFE is that?

I feel like I own a cool limo

by Nice car guy from Orlando Florida | October 12, 2010

I really love this car ... My wife loves it... We traded a Mercedes CLS500 for it... It feels like a dream car.. Cars . Com led me right to it.... Thanks

Benz S550 is the BOMB!

by Ex BMW Car Club President from Worcester, MA | December 13, 2008

Fast, smooth, cool looking in MAG trim, living room rear and dynamic seats make this latest offering from MB a classic. While Benz should be ashamed at the $20K of options I put on this $87K car, at least they're not begging for a bailout. After owning 5 Bimmers, 2orsche's, 3 Audi's including a sweet A8, the new Benz S class does just about everything one could want in a luxury automobile. Distronic cruise, dynamic seat bolsters and wave massage with perforated leather that feels like the seat in mt home theater. Quiet cabin, rock solid handling with 4matic ( I ran summer tires in a New England winter with no problems)sport air suspension and sexy curves makes me still look forward to pushing the start button after a year. The car is so solid my bride doesn't even complain in spirited driving. Cons include worthless night vision location and newly designed window switches that I'm still not used to. Minor quality issues are a pleasant surprise. For highway cruising, my heavy foot averages 23 mpg. Forget about around town but who cares - great new chariot from the MB engineers!

The Best Luxury-Sedan I've Bought!

by Luxury Car Enthusiast from Scottsdale, Arizona | July 21, 2008

I was in the market for a bigger luxury sedan and came down to the BMW 750Li, Lexus LS460, and the Mercedes S550. Since the dealerships are all lined up on Scottsdale road, I tested all the vehicles in the same day. I test drove all three and the BMW had the legenday performance and great interior qualities. I did not choose the BMW because it had a rough ride, and lack of high luxury. I tested the Lexus LS460 next, and it was like riding a cloud. A very nice ride and nice luxury but it was just too smooth. Feels like I wasn't driving a car. Than I tested the 2008 Mercedes S550, and it was the best of both worlds. I felt that the Mercedes was a solid car, with great performance and luxury. It did not sacrifice ride feel for performance, and had plenty of interior space. After I tested the Mercedes, It was the right choice and I chose the Mercedes and am very happy with my choice. Its an excellent car and no wonder its the number 1 chosen govermental car by more than 90% of the worlds goverment. Excellent car!

Mercedes is back in the game

by long time benz owner from california | January 19, 2008

Mercedes is back in the game with the s550. I was very disappointed with the s500 I traded in, with it's awful 7 speed trans and what I thought was poorer handling and comfort. But the s550 is one smooooooooth ride, and is incredibly roomy and comfortable. I am not a fan of the body styling, and the car is much bigger than the previous S class. Maybe a little too big, but the rear passengers will love it. The little gear shift handle on the steering column takes some getting used to, and Mercedes never seems to quite get it about the controls for mirrors and windows. Where is that famous German engineering ? But the voice control features are so much better, and the satellite radio, navigation and many other features are excellent. If you take long trips, this car is fabulous-- real comfort all around. If you are doing the vast majority of your driving in stop-and-go traffic, it's still a great ride, but this is a BIG car (by today's parking space sizes, anyway) and I don't like close-quarters maneuvering with it. I always get the feeling that it takes up all of the width of the driving lane. It is expensive, but if you want comfort, you should really check it out.