2013 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

2013 Mercedes-Benz S-Class
Available in 7 styles:  2013 Mercedes-Benz S600 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Beautiful car that came with an Adventure

by Car enthusiast from Bel Air, Maryland | July 1, 2016

We bought this MB S550 through an ad in cars.com from an owner nearly 3000 miles away. The car was loaded with options and had an owner's manual 540 pages long. I worried that I would never learn how to use all of the features of this superb vehicle. The trip home was a delight. We toured Bryce Canyon, Zion, and a lot of the West on our way back to the east coast. The car rides smoothly and has the best cruise control I have ever seen. It not only holds its speed climbing mountains, it is the only car I have ever seen that also controls the speed going down the mountain, even on a 10% grade! The navigation system was invaluable with its links to hotels, restaurants and gas stations. We spent about ten days bringing it home and in that time I learned most of the features on this car. The more I learned, the more amazed i became. The styling is not my favorite, but the engineering, performance and comfort of this car are unbelievable. My wife particularly liked the front passenger seat that almost completely reclines. She was able to catch some sleep whenever she wanted by just lowering the seat and dozing off. The trip home was so much fun we plan on taking our new (to us) MB S550 on many more trips in the near future. This is a great car! My ratings on value and reliability are based on what I hope will come to pass. For now, we are very happy with this car.