2000 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class

See Photos & Videos

Overall

MOVING ON UP

by PREVIOUS JAGMAN from Wilmette, IL | September 2, 2012

With a one-time business bonus of $17 several years ago, I bought a fully restored, cherry '59 MGA roadster. Two years later, I sold it and bought a cherry '96 Jaguar XJS 6 cyl. convertible. Then sold that and bought a new Mitsubishi Eclipse V6 convertible. It was a pocket rocket, but better for a 17 yr old (I'm 74). I was pining for an '83 Fiat Spider roadster when I found the car of my dreams at a local Cadillac dealer. I traded the Mitsu w/ 5K miles for a 2000 Mercedes Benz SL500 V8 roadster with only 17K miles (!), which I've owned since February 2012. In retrospect, if I could have afforded it and had the garage space, I should have kept all of them. Let me tell you, when people speak reverently about German engineering, they are understating it. This car is sooo much more of a car than the Mitsu. It is solid! It is comfortable! It is beautiful! It is, as my wife says, "therapy" within which to drive and ride. The Jaguar was more suave in its looks, power and ride, but the Mercedes is every bit as good in a more Germanic way (and I'm Italian). I may revert to another Jaguar someday, but only after clocking many, many miles on the SL500.

DREAM CAR

by HOLLYWOOD from MANSFIELD,OHIO | April 23, 2012

DREAM COME TRUE NO DISAPPOINTMENTS AT ALL. CAR IS EVERYTHING I EXPECTED IT TO BE PLUS SOME. THE SL 600 IS AWESOME

Great car for a nice day

by Mr Merc from San Diego, CA | July 7, 2011

Love my SL500 convertible. Wonderfully balanced ride and power. The car has all the bells and whistles - heated seats, CD changer, hard top and soft top.

Great car with a couple problems

by Doc T from Palm Harbor, FL | May 10, 2010

I've had the car, a very low milage one, for about a year. It has great power and comfort. There were a couple problems, radio display, CD changer, and a plastic wheel well piece that needed repair. I guess it was just the age of the car. Overall, a great vehicle.

Head turner!

by Coffey from Chg, il | April 21, 2009

I had a 03 S55, which i like very much, great performance, but give me a engine with row power over a Supercharge or Turbo engine any day! meanwhile this car will hold it value a lot longer and is much better to bet up on and a lot smaller. Both cars are a dream.

Featured Services for this Mercedes-Benz SL-Class