2005 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class

Available in 4 styles:  2005 Mercedes-Benz SL500 2dr Roadster shown

Overall

Unbelievable

by FXRS from Dallas | August 8, 2013

This is my first SL but it won't be my last. I wish I hadn't waited so long. My son and I had dinner last night and he asked me as we were leaving " how does it feel to walk across the parking lot and know that's your car" Kind of sums it for me.

WOW

by GAC from Chicago | June 4, 2012

i have had a BMW650, but this SL600 so far and 2700 miles later is something else. The V12 and twin turbo will make you feel young specially with the hard top down. What a car.....Enjoy if you can

Mercedes-Benz SL-Class

by Mercedes-Benz SL-Class from | May 7, 2012

I love the performance and styling of my Mercedes-Benz SL-Class. I catches everybody's attention when you are on the road.

Best Car I ever owned

by mercedes 3 tony from Ohio | November 5, 2011

This my third Mercedes! I still have the other two and love them all. I bought my first Mercedes E class new in 1985 . My 500 ML is great! This Sl-500 is outrageous!!

Best convertible ever

by BlackSL55AMG from Seattle, WA | August 30, 2011

I started looking for a hard top convertible at the beginning of the year and settled on the Mercedes SL class after driving many others (including the SLK series). From there, it was just a quest to find the right options (pano roof, burl walnut interior, KeylessGO, and black on black). Originally debated between the SL500 and newer SL550 models but then drove one of the SL55 AMG's. OMG! There's no comparison. True...the SL500 or 550 is no slouch but with such a heavy car, all the added horsepower (493HP!) in the SL55 makes it sing. Honestly, it's really hard to drive it without a big, stupid grin on my face. :) I got pulled over once and, after giving me a warning, the cop dropped the official act and said, "So...how do you like it?" and we talked about cars for a few before he had to go. If you buy either of these models, be sure to invest in a battery charger, especially one of those that can provide a jump start when traveling. I had a slow drain going and had to call road service way out in a remote area since it wouldn't start. Lesson learned. All in all, if you're looking for a finely made convertible that will turn heads and give your friends serious car envy, invest in a 2005 or newer SL class. If you want all that PLUS neck snapping G force, paddle shifters, and 0 to 60 in 4.6 seconds, make it an SL55 AMG.

If you only do it once

by Bead Man from Mesa, AZ/ BC Canada | February 19, 2011

I did not realize how good the SL500 was until I had one! It is a finely made smooth running 'machine' - not just a car. Wow - I smile every time I even look at it, get at least one 'nice car' comment a day and am amazed at the solid feel, strong acceleration and way it stops and sticks to the corners. Throw it into a tight turn and no tilt, no roll - just like on rails. A beautiful work of engineering and convenience features that exceeded my expectations. Parts prices are expensive, but durability is good, so long term it's worth every penny. I bought a higher mileage one owner 2005 as it was in my budget and expect it will satisfy me for years - don't see how you could improve on an automobile more than the SL500 Certainly, if circumstances ever allow - go for it, this car will satisfy your every automobile need!

I love this car!

by BroncoMark from Dallas, Texas | November 13, 2010

The 2005 Mercedes-Benz SL500 is quite simply a work of art. However, it's beauty is not limited to the exterior, as the interior is a wonderous cockpit that that is both beautiful and comfortable. The performance? Well, suffice to say that you will never meet another car on the road that will beat you off a stoplight unless you let them. It accelerates like a gunshot and handles like it owns the road. If you can afford one, get it. But be warned - once you go SL, you can never go back to an ordinary sedan or coupe. The SL is King!

Head turner

by wild turkey from Nashville, TN | September 17, 2010

We got white exterior color with cream interior elegant and sharp looking. It is a head turner inded.

500 SL

by Paulo from Studio City,California | February 18, 2010

Cars .com is the best resource for buying a used car. I searched for four weeks,on the internet from Newport to Thousand Oaks,Ca. I found the exact car I was looking for,with all the bells and whisles,including an extra designo package I never thought I would get,private party. Purchased $10,000 under blue book. I will always use Cars.com A very satisfied client.

Most amazing vehicle I've EVER owned!

by Cathy from Frederick, MD | July 13, 2009

This vehicle makes you feel like you are on the top of the world. It hugs the road, has power that is thrilling, and has a design that is a major head turner!

Featured Services for this Mercedes-Benz SL-Class