2008 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class

See Photos & Videos

Overall

2008 SL Mercedes

by tony from Maryland | May 23, 2013

The car is gorgeous! The car performance is awesome. I love this vehicle. The Benze is a sport car but the ride is as smooth as almost any luxury car.

Floating on an Alpha Wave

by vitagvuy from Cherry Hill, NJ | May 18, 2012

Always wanted a Black Mercedes SL. Traded in my '98 Vette that my wife hated for this Mercedes certified SL which were both fell in love with at first sight. The Vette I had and it helped me to land my wife to be many years earlier. This car gives you everything you could ever want in a two seat luxury sports car convertible. We get thumbs up where ever we go...big smiles and "nice car" from everyone we meet. For us its only for driving on special occasions that merit prestigious entrance or driving around our summer vacation home. We cannot recommend this car enough.

Awesome 2nd one

by Bear from Texas | February 13, 2012

Beautiful car, fun to drive. Incredible looks!!! A great value. Buy it a couple of years old and save$$$

SL poor reliabilty

by SL from Indianapolis IN | December 19, 2011

We have an 08 sl 550 and 07 sl 55 AMG; nice to look and and drive, but wife stranded with bad starter one time and bad power steering pump on warranty and another plus electronics problem off warranty on 35,000 mile 08. The 07 has had minor trim breakage. Annoying, but fun to drive.

Great Car for a 2-seater

by C.D. from Montgomery, AL | February 3, 2011

Bought this used 08 SL550 for my wife's birthday and she loves the Diamond Silver color and Sandwood interior. The interior takes a little getting used to the tight fit if you're an extremely tall/large person but it's not bad getting in and out. Interior design is luxurious and the car has plenty of get up and go. Seats are very comfortable and has heated/cooled/pulsating controls. Convertible hardtop works like something from the space age and the trunk is a little small if you're trying to take big suitcases. Great car for my wife to drive to work daily. Took it in to my local MB dealer and surprisingly the maintenance cost was no more than my CLK or ML350. Added bluetooth car phone adaptor and keyless start. There was some minor tweaking of the engine (something with the vavles) but car is still under warranty and it was free. Overall great car and eye-catcher!!!

Sporty and Fun

by Car Dreamer from | January 23, 2011

At first I thought this car was unrealistic, but now I think it is the best sporty convertible out there. It's smooth, stylish, comfortable and remarkably good on gas mileage. I will always be a Mercedes girl now, because of this car.

Fast, Fun & Eye catching

by Misty from Beverly Hills | December 13, 2008

I love this car! Responsive sports car, quieter than a Porsche, Lamborghini---and more fun! Top goes into trunk in seconds, sound system perfect, only thing I don't care for is my water bottle is in an inconvenient holding spot. This car has guts when needed. Great second car--Trunk space is minimal.