2009 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Neat car

by Old guy who always wanted and SL from North Carolina | November 24, 2013

Love the SL's looks and great handling. Love the covertable hard top feature. Getting but didn't expect 25mpg on the road with a V-8 550. Classy car.

Great car, low miles

by Paolo36 from Scottsdale, Az | November 18, 2013

This car has been an absolute pleasure to drive. The top retracts effortlessly, allowing an additional setting for climate control. It accelerates well, the twin turbos coming online without the feeling of downshifting that some turbos have. The extra wide tires give excellent traction, and make cornering quite easy even at higher speeds. I love the sound of the pipes when accelerating. The only qualm I have is the difficulty getting in and out with a lowered suspension.

Great car!!!!

by Blondie from Las Vegas | August 21, 2013

The car is immaculate and better than advertised! Great ride and has all the options. It's a real head turner!

Car Review

by White Cars Only Guy from Austin, TX | May 29, 2013

I looked on cars.com and found 2 SL-63's for sale, on ion NY and the other in Houston, TX. I choose the one in Houston, because it was a closer deal to where I live. I not sure if it was the right choice, but here I am now. The first day after the sale the top has a piece fall off it, and there is a funny noise coming from the back wheel of the car. I called the dealer, Gannett Motorcars in Houston and he said the part that dell off is not under warranty, it is cosmetic, but it is a $500.00 part. I ask him about the piece and he said sorry. I have been traveling the last couple of weeks and have not had time to find out what this noise issue is, I hope the extended warranty that Ryan sold me covers this part. I am planning on running it by the dealer this week and see if they know this issue. I noise as my 8 year old daughter says "Sounds like theres as person in there"

2009 Mercedes-Benz SL550 Great Car

by Bear fan from Raleigh,NC | July 9, 2012

This is my third Mercedes SL and the Best one so far. The Mercedes corporation keeps improving on the SL class each and ever year that's why I keep buying them. This is my first pre-owned Sl that I've purchased and the CPO (customer pre owned) Program that Mercedes stands behind is outstanding. The Mercedes Dealership goes over a 120 points of inspection. If any mechanical part is worn out or needs replacing the dealership replaces it. The car is also Corvered by a one year or 12000 mile warranty, with a option of purchasing an Extended Warranty.

Best car yet

by picky driver from New York | June 5, 2012

I struggled for a long time with whether I could go for a two-seater as my main driver. But my kids both have cars now, and once I drove this SL 550, there was no question. It is absolutely the finest driving machine I have ever owned. I would gladly drive it around the world. The comfort of the cabin is stunning, the visibility is breathtaking. Mine has a panorama roof, so even when the top's not down, it's light and airy inside. I can't imagine what would ever induce me to change cars again. I got the 2009 because I like the design better than the new ones, but also because it is whisper quiet. There's none of the porsche growl to interfere with conversations or books on tape or music. I love this car like none I have ever known.

As Fast as the Wind

by golf pro from Rockwall, TX | March 19, 2012

This SL63 is really a supercar. Its 518 HP makes it a pleasure to drive on any street or highway. Entering freeways and highway speeds are unbelievable. Comfort is completely covered in every way. The seats and electronics are incredible.

not worths its money

by aaa from | May 29, 2011

Great Car - a rocket on the road

by L.A. AMG AFFECTIONADO from Los Angeles, CA | March 29, 2011

I traded in my 2004 SL 500 AMG for the 2009 SL 63 AMG. I had been researching for quite some time and definitely wanted some of the upgrades - the panoramic roof, the paddle shifters, the neck scarf feature. Furthermore, I also wanted the AMG transmission options (four settings plus race start) and the other sport traction and suspension features. I wasn't disappointed. This car really moves, perhaps having a bit more power than one can really use here in Los Angeles. Still, when you're merging onto the freeway and some special person is attempting to cut you off, it's very sweet to put the petal to the metal and watch them disappear quickly into your rearview mirror. The hard part is backing off to 80MPH which will (usually) save you from a pull-over. This car really just wants to GO. The sound is sweet. Even with the windows up, the growl is unmistakable. With the top down, and the throttle wide open, it sounds like a couple of (slightly-tamed) harleys taking off in tandem. The more you push it, the sweeter it sounds. And all if this comes in wrap-around luxury. I opted for the wood-trim, black leather with the air conditioned, massaging seats. This is the car I've waited for. It's a racing coupe, a sports coupe and a touring coupe. The top easily opens and stores in less time than it takes for a red light to turn green and the rear wind block flips up in a second. The anti-roll bar adds a special touch. There are a couple of cons - which I can live with since true automotive perfection is a myth at whatever price. The command center is outdated - especially compared to some less-expensive competition - and doesn't interact well with the steering-wheel instrument cluster menu. Many times there is a delay (at best) or a simple freeze-up of the screen. It almost seems like it is trying to process too much information. This does not affect the menus related to engive performance however; the glitch affects only the nav, telephone and audio displays in the instrument cluster. I took the car in to service and, despite the three weeks+ it took to install an entirely new command system, the problem was never resolved. I can live with it, but I can't go another three weeks without my daily AMG therapy. The only other issue is, with the top down or only the driver's side window open, one can smell and feel the engine's heat. Admittedly, there are abundant vents to help keep this powerhouse cool and on the road - all of them functional. So it's natural to feel every sensation associated with sitting on 500+ horses. No regrets.

its a good car

by SL65AMG from Hanford ca | February 2, 2011

its a Good car and a fun car you just have to have the money too back it up is all good car fun sexy and very safe have owned 10 SL now in my life time