2013 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class

Starting MSRP

Overall

Best car I have owned

by Dave from Missouri from Branson, Missouri | August 10, 2013

I had a 2006 and a 2009 SL550 - loved them both but the 2013 is a huge upgrade. More power , better handling, more room, more styling and more fun. I know the reviews are mixed on the styling but my wife and I love it - it is definitely a head turner - someone comments on it every time I take it out. We live on Table Rock Lake and I love driving it on the curvy and hilly roads. The way it hugs the roads and drives thru the curves cannot be described - you have to drive it on these roads to understand the sensation. I understand the car has automatic roll bars and I have tried to make them deploy. I have driven thru hairpins turns at speeds I don't want to admit - the car barely leans - and I love the way the seat hugs you on those turns. I have owned a lot of nice cars - but none compare to this one.

Perfect

by Car Pro from Oregon | July 21, 2013

I have been in the car industry over 35 years and I've driven them all. This car has received a bad rap about its looks. It's much more aggressive than the previous models which I have owned. The previous models were looking soft the new design has an SLS vibe and it grows on you. This car will do whatever you want it to; smooth and quiet when you want to chill out. A beast when you want to have some fun. However the ABC suspension is a must if you enjoy twisty roads it keeps the car flat. Eco mode is the only annoying item; just keep it off the only fault I could find. The steering seems a bit light at first but you get accustomed to the electric assist power steering. Almost bought the 911 great car too but when I want comfort I also want a quiet interior. The BMW 6 series and 911 were too noisy for me. One of the best all around cars I have ever owned and I'm a big BMW. I just wanted a great coupe the drop top is a big bonus in the nice weather; MBZ got this one right period.

Entertaining Car

by Car Enthusiast from MI | December 20, 2012

The car handles better than my S8 with better pickup and better 0-60. The interior is very quiet with enough feedback from the road. Electronics are nice, B&O sound system sounds great. The display is first rate, but it should be a touch screen. Mercedes did an nice job on the exterior moving to an aggressive style given the constraints – i.e. pedestrian collision in Europe makes the front end look a little boxy. Too bad regulation is ruining the look of cars. The exterior lighting is right without too much LED glitz. The interior is first rate – being better than either the Audi or Lexus.

Front design of the new SL550

by Ngina from Florida | May 3, 2012

What were they thinking! The new front design is not pretty. Every time I see the front of this new model I see an SUV or a truck. There is nothing elegant about that. I am sure everything else is typical Mercedes-Benz inside and out of this car, but not the front. I own a 2007 and it is pure elegance.