1999 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class

See Photos & Videos

Overall

joy to drive

by Sports Car Enthusiast from Rockville MD | September 9, 2013

99 SLK230, handles very well, turbocharged inline 4 is very peppy, roomier inside than you would think, visibility is very good, Bose sound excellent, looks really sharp, surprisingly good gas mileage cons- console paint chips easily, trunk lock misbehaves at times

my favorite sport car!

by MiShO from Beirut, Lebanon | May 24, 2010

its a real sports car, great perfrmance, from zero to 100km in a flash, super handling on curves and i enjoy the drive when i go from beirut to the mountain, i recommend this car for every one who likes sport cars! try to drive slowle :P

Great little car

by CarCrazy from Swisher, IA | February 19, 2010

This is the best car I have ever owned. I usually trade cars every 6 - 12 months and I have had this car for 3 years and 60k miles (now has 103,000). Maintenance is easy, I can do all of it myself. I like cars I don't have to pay someone else to work on. It handles great, and the style is not dated even though it is an 11 year old car... I still gets lots of looks and compliments. And the top down feature cannot be beat! Great mechanism and has never failed me.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by good car from | September 14, 2009

I would recommend this, very Reliable Car, sexy looking,good performance, I would recommend it to a friend.

My car must be a lemon

by DrLong from Apopka, FL | July 13, 2009

I bought this car 6 months ago and have had one problem after another. It seems to go through coils alot. Since I bought it the radio quit working, the top won't go up, blew 2 coils, and now it has no power in the engine....I really loved this car when it was running great for about a week! It is a mechanics treasure but an owners nightmare as it is not cheap to repair!

A Great Car To Drive

by tontz from Ontario, California | December 22, 2007

This Sports Car is fun to drive and the hard top convertible is very cool. The grip from the tires is amazing when you fly and dont loose grip as you hit the gas. I bought a computer chip and It gave the car 240hp with 260 pounds of torque. Now the car is at 175000 miles and still takes off fast

Stylish Car

by Mercedes Fan from Bedford, N.H. | April 27, 2007

Bought our car used and loved having it. The styling caught our eye and it drove like a solid car. Always felt very safe with the top down. Loved the hard top and the automatic button that put it up and down. Unlike a lot of convertibles the top didn't block your view when it was down because it was hidden in the trunk. When it is up, there is tons of trunk space (more than most other convertibles we test drove). I can't lie, driving a Mercedes, well, it was just cool.

"New" 99 SLK owner

by SLK Owner from Columbia, MO | November 28, 2006

About 2 months ago I purchased my "new" 1999 SLK 230 with 60k miles. I have to say that initally I thought I was going to be too big for the vehicle, and I'm only 5'11". After some adjustments to the seat though, I was able to get nice and comfortable. The first thing that impressed me was the pure "Sports car" feel of the car. Pulling off the lot, the engine whirred a bit as the supercharger warmed up, and soon I had it opened up. The car initally feels a bit underpowered off the line, however as the RPM's count up, you being to really feel the engine pull you. I have the 5-spd Manual, and the grearbox throw feels tight and crisp. My main concern initally after purchasing it was a nagging "check engine" light that continued to re-apper. After checking around online, I learned that the gas cap must be super sealed or the tank sucks in too much o2 and sets off the sensor. The sensor generally resets itself after a few drives. Aside from the normal 7 year old car stuff (new tires, hoses, etc.), my experience has been exceptional. I would recommed one to anyone who can spare the space a two seater offers.

1999 SKL 230

by Chad from Fort Worth | July 27, 2006

The SLK is a great car for the money. This car is often overlooked when people consider a sports car. Most consider more of a luxury car and a pseudo sports car. But, it does fit in the sports car niche.

Featured Services for this Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class