2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class

Available in 3 styles:  2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 2dr Convertible shown

Overall

SLK 230 or 320?

by RichD from Cleveland, OH | June 27, 2013

Have always loved the look of the SLK 230. Now that some of the early models were in may price range I started my quest in ernest. I 've always driven stick shift cars but found such Mercedes very difficult to find. I test drove at least six SLK Kompressors , all w/ auto trans. All had sporty ride / handling, but felt sluggish from dead start. I hoped a manual trans w/ 4 cyl. might be the answer but never found one. Instead I located an SLK 320 w/ 6spd manual and loved that combo! Felt like a rocket!.Unfortunately, that car needed a clutch so that made it too costly. Frustrated, my research led me to a Chrysler Crossfire, built on same assembly line as SLK. I found an '04 w/ 66K miles for $4000 less then a SLK & bought it. Very similar ride / handling, lots of features but w/ a hot rod look of 19" rear tires & sweeping hatch back styling that is unique. I love it!

just a car

by former S2k owner from houston, tx | March 6, 2012

after owning Honda's, this was a poor decision. maintenance is expensive, and the slk230 that I purchased was poorly maintained. lots of little things needing to be fixed. after getting the bulk of the repairs done, i just have a compact car that looks looks good. the S2000 was exciting, the SLK230 is not. It's just a comfortable compact car. The hardtop retracts, big whoop. the only strong point is that it feels appreciatively safer in rainy conditions.

easy on the eyes

by mr benze from | August 12, 2011

I have owned many mercedes i will keep it simple if u are going to invest in a slk take ur time and look for a v6 and make sure u have a 2nd car to drive every day

I miss her all ready...

by Durby from Indianapolis, IN | May 4, 2010

By far the most fun I've had topless in my life! Fast acceleration, great styling and performance. I just wish that the CD changer was more accessible.

Intoxicating

by Mercedes Junky from New York, NY | March 25, 2010

Warning: Owning this car may be hazzardous to your licence! The SLK 32 is shockingly quick, amazingly fast, exceptionally nimble, it brakes like you've dropped a 10 ton anchor out the back and it's comfortable on the long haul. The heat is hot enough to keep your "top down" excursions running well into the late fall and the A/C will stave off all but the most oppressive heat. The Bose sound system is loud and fantastically clear. The car is pure entertainment, a love affair, a childhood dream realized. Put it all together and you'll find youself on the road far more that usual and at speeds that just aren't prudent. Like I said earlier... your licence will be in grave danger the day you buy this car. But, you'll love every minute of it... I sure did! I've owned a B5 Passat, an SLK320, a G35 and currently own a CLK 500 cab... I've loved them all, but my heart will always belong to my SLK 32 . She's the one that got away.

The fastest car I've owned

by chiefv from san diego, california | July 17, 2007

I bought the car from a 65 year old lady (she looked a lot younger, maybe because of enjoying the slk amg). I got it for $24900 with only 24000 miles. So far the car handles great and the acceleration is out of this world. The car passed smog check with flying colors (0 emission) It has AMSOIL (I heard it is better than Mobil 1) put in it and I just changed the air filter element to K&N. I was very lucky to get this roadster at this price. My wife says that her 91 camry rides better than than the slk, I told her it has different suspension. We are both enjoying the car. We use the car to buy fruits and vegetables at Henry's Market every Wednesday. The airconditioning is very cold and the sound system is great.

Featured Services for this Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class