2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class

Available in 3 styles:  2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 2dr Convertible shown

Overall

My 320 is low milage, 38,000 and great fun

by Kramer S from Thurston County, WA | May 31, 2013

Previously owned a 230 1998 which we loved but this is a very quick and fast car that is fun to drive. My only wish is that it were an automatic. My only complaint is that the clutch pedal seems too small and I'm hoping that after a few months, it will seem just right. This will be my primary drive for long and short trips and the mileage seems to be about 26mgp (with less than a conservative foo)t. The cockpit is well proportioned and all gages easy to read. Dual climate control keeps my wife happy and me cool all at the same time. In and out is a bit tricky for my septuagenerian and extra large frame but my granddaughter decided it was big enough for me. Even with with top down, we have luggage space for a week but longer will take a laundromat. This is a real coup for ice, rain and snow but a great top down ride as well.

Mercedes CLK 320

by dmt007 from Milwaukee, WI | July 16, 2012

I purchased this car site unseen from a Florida dealer. Fortunately, there were no big suprises, other than only getting one key. A spare key will cost close to $200 (Ouch). Love the car. Get comments all the time. Great styling, good performance. I have a little buyer's remorse for not getting the V8. It goes away... I am having a bit of an issue with the top. There are a complicated series of motions that top and enclosure go through. The rear window does not want to close with a single press of the top button. Otherwise, absolutely love the car. Drives like a go-cart.

Deferred gratifcation

by long-time car enthusiat from Gig Harbor WA | August 30, 2011

I was first aware of the SLK when it was unveiled as a concept car. A convertible didn't make much sense for me until very recently and I am even more pleased with this car than I thought I would be. This is not for hard-core sports car fans. It is a car that strikes a balance of performance, luxury and styling. With the hardtop up, entry can be a little awkward, but once settled in, the seats are fantastic and the instruments and controls are well laid out. Top down driving is a joy and the motor music is sublime. If you can live with the small trunk and your "boy-racer" days are in the rear view mirror this should be on your short list of "fun cars!" Buying suggestions: the vast majority of these early SLKs were sold in the U.S. with manumatic transmissions. They will be easier to find and resell. Although I love manual transmissions, I think the manumatic is a much better pairing with this particular car. Lastly, spend a little more and get the 320 instead of the 230! Happy motoring...

classic design

by livehawaii from Honolulu, HI | June 11, 2010

The car had less than 7500 miles on it. Drove like new, and the dealer appeared to have had it detailed, so we bought it. It's a beautiful car, but we don't have much driving mileage on it yet, so can't rate reliability and don't know if there are any problems.

James Bond Car

by SLK Enthusiast from Fuquay-Varina, NC | August 24, 2009

I am 6'4" and fit this auto very comfortly. The SLK is one of the finest autos that I have ever driven. The 2004 Special Edition will be a collectors auto one day. It has the great feel of the Mercedes Benz and gets great gas mileage as well. This body style will always be the first one for the SLK's.

best car I've owned.

by ed in sonora from sonora,ca. | July 20, 2008

Best car I've ever owned. It's a fun car and fantasic to drive. Good gas milage along with a fast responsive engine and great handleing. If I don't drive it for a while I sometimes forget how much I enjoy driving it.

Featured Services for this Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class