2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class

Available in 3 styles:  2007 Mercedes-Benz SLK350 2dr Roadster shown

Overall

SLK car owner forever

by Lilly from Midlothian, va. | August 3, 2013

This car is wonderful and more car like than the other SLK Car i owned . Which I also loved! It is very smooth riding, and very comfortable. Easy to handle.

slk 280

by rocky from missouri | September 1, 2012

Great hard-top convertible, is fun to drive, has very good power, as I'm a fairly tall guy 6'2" I had no problem fitting into it even with the top up, but got it for my wife she's 5' tall only and she loves evrything about it! the only con's we found was the placement of the cup holder's (right obove the radio and then only if you are using a very small cup. thats why we only give 4 star's on interior and comfort seats are a little stiff for me, but it handles like a dream. FUN car so leave the kid's at home (no room) enjoy a summers drive with the wind blowing though your hair ;)

Big Change

by diver from Indiana | June 26, 2012

I have driven sports cars all of my life, only had an automatic when I had trans ams for business and wasn't sure if I could handle an automatic trans everyday. I have only had the SLK since early June but I love it so far - I have only tried to shift gears a few times. So my first real G.T. car is a treat - handles well, great engine responce & sound, interior feel & ergonomics are fantastic.

oh man is it fun

by needed a fun car from san diego, ca | October 10, 2011

finally had all the school loans paid off and saved a nice chunk of money - and i went for fun... oh brother - this thing rocks! so fast, so light but not cheap feeling, hugs turns like you would not believe, turns and brakes on a dime, looks awesome - not too chick-ish... get tons of compliments... and oh man, is it fun! brings a smile to my face every time i roll out

My little red SLK 280

by TopDawg from Knoxville, TN | March 22, 2011

SLK 280 - 6 cyl. 2007 I bought my 2007 SLK 280 used with 9,500 miles on it in Feb. 2011 and have put 1,000 miles on it. It is an automatic with manual mode, and has stability control, power seats on both sides with memory, power steering wheel adjustment, power retractable hardtop, decent trunk space (esp. if you keep the top up), manual air, regular audio with 6 CD changer in the glove box, no phone, no nav, no “windscarf,” no heated seats. I test drove a Maxda Miata MX5 (nice) and an RX8 (not so nice). I also drove a Porsche Boxster and Cayman. The Porsche’s are great to drive, but the rear engine noise in the driving compartment was more than I could stand. The SLK gives me nearly equal driving pleasure and more comfort - it is a great blend between performance, handling, and luxury. I previously owned a Lexus SC 300 (more luxury than performance) and a Toyota Supra (great blend). The SLK 280 has plenty of pep, handles like it is on rails (you see this comment in other reviews and it is true), has good driver feedback, handles most bumps satisfactorily, has very good visibility, good ergonomic cockpit position, low wind noise, and eye catching appearance. I get unsolicited comments about now nice it is. While the Mazda was very nice, it won’t turn heads like the SLK and I like that! If I had some do-overs, I would like: automatic climate control, stereo with speakers behind the seats (can’t do post factory), maybe heated seats and the “windscarf” feature behind your neck. If I could get Mercedes to improve the car, they could: put cup holders in the center console and not on the dash above the radio, improve the sound proofing between the driver’s area and the trunk and wheel wells (I added some padding), move the CD changer out of the glove box (it takes up all the room), reduce the noise on the fan unit at higher speeds, add a bit more lumbar support, add just a touch more side view mirror space, provide scratch plates on the front air dam for when you run it up on a curb (it’s low and hits a curb sooner than you think), improve the stiffness of the chassis with the top down over 70 mph. (top up it is smooth at higher speeds, but top down over 70+ creates random vibrations), enable the two rear windows to go up with the fronts while the top is down, equalize the tire sizes to enable rotation. Should you buy this car? Absolutely! I have virtually parked my 2008 Toyota Highlander so I can drive my little red sports car. It just feels good behind the wheel. But, test drive your potential purchase thoroughly. I drove several SLKs and they did not feel the same.

Most enjoyable car I've owned

by Sohrab from Boston, MA | October 26, 2010

I looked at many 2006-2007 roadsters including the BMW Z-4, Audi TT, Porsche Boxster, Mazda Miata and Honda 2000 and when finally saw this black SLK55 I immediately fell in love with it. The Power, performance and the look of AMG version of the SLK is far superior to the other roadsters. Perhaps, the Boxster was closest but it did not have the power and acceleration of the SLK55. For the features, the hard top, the upgrade sound system and the heated airscarf are fantastic. However, the navigation is not very user friendly but it does the job and the cup holder is useless. I got a good deal on the price at around half the MSRP and with low miles of about 20K.

Fun ...

by its vicious from Los Angeles, Ca | June 24, 2009

This car is fun, fast and parking friendly. I never have problems finding a spot because it's turning radius and small size can fit me in any nook and cranny on these crazy crowded Los Angeles streets. This car handles great with a great kick... and I only have the slk 280! I don't even see a need for the 350 the way this one jumps... The front hood is so beautiful I literally enjoy backing into spots just so people can enjoy the beauty of the hood. Unfortunately I don't get to look at it while I'm driving... just the strangely placed cup holders. Really MB?? I enjoy how everything is within reach, BUT really... I mean REALLY contemplate your lifestyle before purchasing this (or any) two seater vehicle... especially one with a retractable top that takes away that much more of your little storage space. It's been my primary vehicle, but will definitely buy a second car in the next year of two, because it's just not functional. If it had just a foot or two of a quasi-backseat or something it would be perfect... I just don't know where to put my purse when I have a passenger.

Featured Services for this Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class