2010 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class

Available in 3 styles:  2010 Mercedes-Benz SLK350 2dr Roadster shown

Overall

Know what you want

by New Benz Lover from Columbus, GA | December 5, 2011

The only knock I have against the SLK 2010 is that is lacks a fair amount of interior comforts that you find standard or inexpensive in other vehicles. Do I wish that I had NAV, yes. Do I wish that everything was accessible on the Command 2.5 in a similar fashion to the BMW iDrive, yes. However, people tend to forget why you buy a sports car. If I wanted comfort, I would have purchased a C-Class/E-Class or even a BMW 535i for a similar price point. What sets the Mercedes SLK350 apart is the driving experience. Thus far, I have found nothing quite like it. Fast, 300 HP fast. Small, lights, controllable. Retractable hard top is sexy. I love my car and look forward to going to work every single day just so I can drive it.

SLK Roadsters

by Mercedes Owner from Riverside, CA | November 29, 2010

I purchased the SLK 300 loaded with options including chrome wheels so it was an expensive investment. I had been dealing with BMW on the Z4 but by the time I got the car the way I wanted it with auto trans/turbo and a few extras - the purchase price JUMPED - the surprise was the $15k extra at end of purchase - not a lease. Dealing with the same monthly payment numbers - I was able to get the SLK which in my opinion is a great car. I have to disagree with the writers of this site in that the SLK is superior in looks and after driving both - they have similar handling. I do not like either cars interior - next time I will have to spend more and get the SL 550 which has it all. But the SLK even with the standard non-turbo is not a slouch - it gets up to 60 in 6 seconds and goes like a bat up to 110 -after that - I don’t race. But did have a chance to open it up on the highway - I don’t know if it really will do the 155 mph promised but expect it will. The car has huge tires and handles great and feels safe even at high speeds. HP is not everything as some of you may know - many great cars don’t have excessive horsepower - a good example is Dean’s Porsche 550 Spyder it had 201 hp and 181 lb torque and flew like mad. So far NO problems at all - just change the oil.